Despaigne went to Japan.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Despaigne went to Japan.

Alfredo Despaigne got signed by Chibba of the NPB. Is this a way of him making it to MLB? Read where he has to return to Cuba after season. Will he? Got a feeling he is using Japan to get here, plus team can make money, like Tanaka.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Despaigne went to Japan.

I think he would have to be posted. Similar thing happened with Soriano. However if he is on "loan" he could defect a lot easier since he is not in Cuba.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

Alfredo Despaigne got signed by Chibba of the NPB. Is this a way of him making it to MLB? Read where he has to return to Cuba after season. Will he? Got a feeling he is using Japan to get here, plus team can make money, like Tanaka.

Despaigne can't hit lefties and isn't a very good OF.  I do however find it pretty funny He was banned for life from the Mexican league for using a fake passport yet major league players get how many shots at taking PED's before anything extreme?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Its a toss up, between Abreu and Despaigne, from Scouts. He's the real deal. Little beast, get Stanton then you got Big Beast.
    Anyway I'm going to keep an eye out for him while he's there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Its a toss up, between Abreu and Despaigne, from Scouts. He's the real deal. Little beast, get Stanton then you got Big Beast.
    Anyway I'm going to keep an eye out for him while he's there.

[/QUOTE]

Literally everything thing ive read from scouts says Abreu is hands down the better player.  Despaigne was actually said to have better raw power but there are so many holes in his swing they doubt he could ever hit mlb pitching

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

You probably didn't see him play in the Olympics. No way its hands down better either. Averages almost identical in Cuba. Most fans their go back and forth between the two. The main reason teams stayed away from Abreu was his lack of Defense at 1st base.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

http://www.si.com/mlb/2013/05/08/next-yoenis-cespedes-jorge-soler-yasiel-puig" rel="nofollow">http://www.si.com/mlb/2013/05/08/next-yoenis-cespedes-jorge-soler-yasiel-puhttp://battingleadoff.com/2014/06/03/awesome-stat-lines-around-world-alfredo-despaigne/ig

Sections
Shortcuts