desperate tokeep sellout streak?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: desperate tokeep sellout streak?

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to royf19's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

These are some pretty big price cuts...too bad they didnt keep them, even if it were for the first half of the season. One month reeks of desperation to me...Sorry, Im NOT a fan of that fake "sellout streak"

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/blog/mass_roundup/2013/03/red-sox-lower-fenway-concession-prices.html

Isn't that basic supply and demand. If demand for a product goes down, shouldn't if follow that there are price cuts. I don't know why that should be criticized.

I understand the process and what they are doing. Im just a little sour about the whole sellout streak thing. Its almost like that was more important than making the right moves for the team. they have changed and went back to the old ways of doing things which brought this team 2 WSC, and for that i am thankful.

Only Sox fans would complain about a price cut.

Nope, not complaining. although I wont be able to benefit from them since I wont be attending a game in April.
    The sellout streak bothers me because making the right moves took a backseat to creating a buzz and signing big names instead of the right guys that fit this team and city. When in reality if you make the right moves for the right reasons and field a competetive and successful team, the ticket sales will take care of themselves. Afterall thats exactly how the sellout streak got started.

So Im not complaining about them lowering concession prices.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

moving fans for tv shot in boston, ny, or anywhere else, is just practical. it isnt fooling anyone, but the fans who did go at least got a free seat upgrade regardless "why"  Tampa should have done it also - watching some of their games on TV was just sad...all those empty seats and their team was a title contender.  what difference does it make anyway?  fast food chains use artificial stylized burgers to make their product appealing.  beer and car makers use beautiful women.  cosmetic mgftrs airbrush photos for ads.  its just window dressing to try and boost sales.  it isnt a conspiracy.

but the april concession prices will be a bigger hit.  wish i could get there to belly up for $5 draft and twofer dogs.  getting a free seat upgrade would really make my day.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to michaelsjr's comment:

moving fans for tv shot in boston, ny, or anywhere else, is just practical. it isnt fooling anyone, but the fans who did go at least got a free seat upgrade regardless "why"  Tampa should have done it also - watching some of their games on TV was just sad...all those empty seats and their team was a title contender.  what difference does it make anyway?  fast food chains use artificial stylized burgers to make their product appealing.  beer and car makers use beautiful women.  cosmetic mgftrs airbrush photos for ads.  its just window dressing to try and boost sales.  it isnt a conspiracy.

but the april concession prices will be a bigger hit.  wish i could get there to belly up for $5 draft and twofer dogs.  getting a free seat upgrade would really make my day.

I agree.

If Sears or Best Buy have a sale or employ other marketing strategies, they're smart business people.

If a sport team does it, they're greedy bastids.

I could never figure out why sports is the only business where it's unethical to try to make money.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

In response to michaelsjr's comment:

I agree.

If Sears or Best Buy have a sale or employ other marketing strategies, they're smart business people.

If a sport team does it, they're greedy bastids.

I could never figure out why sports is the only business where it's unethical to try to make money.

You have to understand that baseball does not have to play by the same rules as the business which you mentioned.  Anti trust law don't apply to baseball.  Sears and Best buy don't have winter meeting to discuss strategies.

I don't have an issue with Baseball making money.  I have an issue with them selling tickets to secondary sellers before giving the public a chance.  I have an issue with them creating an image that people need to buy tickets far in advance when tickets are available the day of the game.

When it comes down to it, one can buy a ticket or watch it on nesn.  the sox can charge whatever they want.  Their years of jacking up prices and creating an illusion of sell outs, is about to crumble.

Write them a scathing letter.

I don't care.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to UnionFallsNY's comment:

Perhaps the Sox need to install this system into the mens' rest rooms.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130326&content_id=43314282&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_t1410&sid=t1410

AWESOME!!

that sounds cool as hell. i want one!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

In response to UnionFallsNY's comment:

Perhaps the Sox need to install this system into the mens' rest rooms.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130326&content_id=43314282&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_t1410&sid=t1410

Gross...petri dish.

it's hands free though! you play with your pee.

my favorite part is when it said that highscores would be psoted on videoboards throughout the stadium.

is it weird i want to play this?

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Did you see the video of how this thing works?

http://www.captive-media.co.uk/

yeah. looks cool

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Thats pretty neat

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

That's pretty funny.

I want one!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

That's pretty funny.

I want one!

Wonder what they have for the ladies powder room?

I'll have to think about that one. lol

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Apparently the Sox have to take lessons in positive PR...Sure, they're lowering the prices of beer. Only problem is your only getting 12oz instead of 16oz...Brilliant!!!

There are many reasons to like this ownership, but there are also may reasons to not trust them too...Im sure to 2 for 1 hot dogs will be bite size weenies as well...

This is the epitome of trying to scam the sox fan base into thinking they are taking care of us. Yeah, maybe some of you will think this is petty, but I think things like this say a lot about a person/people, and in this case, an ownership group.

25. This post has been removed.