Desperate Yankees Trolling the Retired

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Desperate Yankees Trolling the Retired

In response to prknsdnld's comment:

In response to smiley--beni--2817's comment:

Guys, the Yankees are so depsperate to put a team on the field, they tried to loor Chipper Jones, Derek Lee amd Scott Rolen out of retirement.  None of those guys want to leave their lounge chair for a sinking ship.  Word is Cashman will turn his attention to Mike Schmidt and Wade Boggs.

Drop dead.

Yes, by all means. They are putting in calls to dead people too using the "Long Island Medium". Now is your big chance to play for NYY.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

Al Roker....the answer????

Now it all makes sense. THIS is why he crapped his pants at the White House. Steinbrenner called him and offered him on OF position with NYY. I predict 000.1 in 532 ab's, 0 HR, 1 RBI on a hbp in Boston with the Sox leading 16-2 in the 9th just because his weather reports have become annoying. Furthermore, the stark contrast between looking at him vs. Stephanie Abrams is just getting to be too much.

Is he any worse or any older than the other guys Cashman has been discussing lately?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i'm surprised they have,'t contacted Posada.. he's still gotta be better than the trash they have slated to catch this season..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Al Roker....the answer????

Now it all makes sense. THIS is why he crapped his pants at the White House. Steinbrenner called him and offered him on OF position with NYY. I predict 000.1 in 532 ab's, 0 HR, 1 RBI on a hbp in Boston with the Sox leading 16-2 in the 9th just because his weather reports have become annoying. Furthermore, the stark contrast between looking at him vs. Stephanie Abrams is just getting to be too much.

Is he any worse or any older than the other guys Cashman has been discussing lately?

Hahaha, prob'ly better than them.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Guys, the Yankees are so depsperate to put a team on the field, they tried to loor Chipper Jones, Derek Lee amd Scott Rolen out of retirement.  None of those guys want to leave their lounge chair for a sinking ship.  Word is Cashman will turn his attention to Mike Schmidt and Wade Boggs.

Drop dead.

Yes, by all means. They are putting in calls to dead people too using the "Long Island Medium". Now is your big chance to play for NYY.

You do realize what the standings were last yr? While they look awful, the RS, coming off a pathetic 81 - 112 stretch, still have to prove they can do better than this mess of a team. If they do, it'll be the 1st time since 2008. 

I wouldn't count on it. However, you never know; maybe they shall.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

i'm surprised they have,'t contacted Posada.. he's still gotta be better than the trash they have slated to catch this season..

I believe he turned them down. The team is now beyond anemic.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Drop dead.

You do realize what the standings were last yr? While they look awful, the RS, coming off a pathetic 81 - 112 stretch, still have to prove they can do better than this mess of a team. If they do, it'll be the 1st time since 2008. 

I can only assume, you're forgetting about all the injuries. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Drop dead.

The NYY had plenty as well. Every yr the same excuse. Good question though; why does it appear to happen to them so much? And with a relatively younger team?  And if it was largely injuries, why did the FO blow it up?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Drop dead.

The NYY had plenty as well. Every yr the same excuse. Good question though; why does it appear to happen to them so much? And with a relatively younger team?

On the positive side for the yanks, there are still 7 or 8 Yanks who were expected to make the opening day 25-man roster who are healthy,

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Drop dead.

The NYY had plenty as well. Every yr the same excuse. Good question though; why does it appear to happen to them so much? And with a relatively younger team?

They did, but you posted last week, the Sox had more. I wasn't asking you about why, just that it was a fact, you seemed to have forgotten. If I remember correctly, the NYY were healthy, for the ALCS

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Polly-'s comment:

Red Sox injuries last year were the most since 1987. Then a troll comes along and says " Every team has injuries, stop crying".  It is very easy for a troll to ignore the truth and facts here.

Pike, you said you were going to stick to one screen name

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Drop dead.

They did, but you posted last week, the Sox had more. I wasn't asking you about why, just that it was a fact, you seemed to have forgotten. If I remember correctly, the NYY were healthy, for the ALCS

Yes, they had more. Yes, the NYY were basically healthy for the ALCS, but managed to finish 1st and win 95 games despite their own long string of injuries which they persevered through, but it started catching up to them in September; Would you like to feebly debate that? However, their resilient character in 2012 shall be non existent this yr IMO, due to the departures of Chavez, Ibanez, & others. Bench is important. And yes, you are posturing, in response to my comment, which was a response to others in a slightly different context. Few in the media, Boston included, think the RS were nothing but a dismal failure in the past few yrs, injuries or not.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Polly-'s comment:

Red Sox injuries last year were the most since 1987. Then a troll comes along and says " Every team has injuries, stop crying".  It is very easy for a troll to ignore the truth and facts here.

This is like a 1200 lb person calling a 200 lb person fat. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Drop dead.

Yes, they had more. Yes, the NYY were basically healthy for the ALCS, but managed to finish 1st and win 95 games despite their own long string of injuries which they persevered through, but it started catching up to them in September; Would you like to feebly debate that? However, their resilient character in 2012 shall be non existent this yr IMO, due to the departures of Chavez, Ibanez, & others. Bench is important. And yes, you are posturing, in response to my comment, which was a response to others in a slightly different context. Few in the media, Boston included, think the RS were nothing but a dismal failure in the past few yrs, injuries or not.

Not disputing any of that.  Your snarky comments aren't necessary, IMO.  We're fully aware of the Red Sox record.  They're our team, win or lose. 

Isn't this a snarky thread? This is what I mean about context.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Drop dead.

Not disputing any of that.  Your snarky comments aren't necessary, IMO.  We're fully aware of the Red Sox record.  They're our team, win or lose. 

Which you're adding to and not by the original OP

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Drop dead.

Which you're adding to and not by the original OP

Yes, just like everyone else, yet you didn't call them out. Who would have thought.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Drop dead.

Pretty harsh for a Smiley thread, wouldn't ya say?  Perhaps Yankee fans are a little overly sensitive these days (cue Nelson Muntz as I smirk).  

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and interpret your post as "Dropo dead", Dropo being Walt Dropo, who played first base for the Red Sox and retired from baseball in 1961.  And no, he is not available to play for the Yankees this season, as he did in fact die in 2010 at the age of 87.  So yes, "Dropo dead."  

Rest in peace, Walt Dropo.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Drop dead.

Pretty harsh for a Smiley thread, wouldn't ya say?  Perhaps Yankee fans are a little overly sensitive these days (cue Nelson Muntz as I smirk).  

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and interpret your post as "Dropo dead", Dropo being Walt Dropo, who played first base for the Red Sox and retired from baseball in 1961.  And no, he is not available to play for the Yankees this season, as he did in fact die in 2010 at the age of 87.  So yes, "Dropo dead."  

Rest in peace, Walt Dropo.

The question is, can the RS finish ahead of a team that would try to add 87 yr old dead players?

Sections
Shortcuts