Desperate Yankees Trolling the Retired

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: Desperate Yankees Trolling the Retired

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

The Yankees are cheap because they didn't give Soriano a 2 year deal worth 28m to close when they have Mariano?

What other team in the game would do the same?

And cheap because they didn't think Nick Swisher was worth 14m a year for 4 more years.

What am I missing here?

I could make an argument where they should've spent more money and did not, where GS would have but those aren't two good examples.

Next season the Yankees could have three homegrown catchers on the roster Cervelli, Romine and Sanchez and why Martin would not get more than 1 year this year.

Granderson and Tex are both injured no way anyone could have forseen either accident.

The Yankees like every other organization have to suck it up and use what they have in their system or do what are they are doing scanning the waiver wire.

Shopping young talent for a temporary fix is dumb and always comes back to bite.

I can't wait for opening day and baseball to begin.

The Yankees will deal with their problems just like the Sox will deal with the loss of Papi's production from their the line-up.

Like the Dodgers will deal with Greinke's creaky elbow.

This is all part of the game.

"the yankees are cheap because they didn't give Soriano a 2 year deal worth 28m......"

What did they give Soriano a few years back when they still had Mo closing?

You make no sense Pop's.

I don't know why I respond to your inane ramblings.

You were calling the Yankees cheap when they had Mo closing and Soriano setting up.

The Yankees are paying Mariano Rivera 10m to close for them in 2013.

Why would they ever give Soriano 14m per which he got from the Nats to be Mariano's set-up?

And the Yankees would have had to out bid the Nats to get him meaning Soriano have gotten much more than the 24m he is getting.

What other team in baseball would pay 24mil per year their set-up guy and closer?

Name just one.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

The Yankees are cheap because they didn't give Soriano a 2 year deal worth 28m to close when they have Mariano?

And cheap because they didn't think Nick Swisher was worth 14m a year for 4 more years.

What am I missing here?

I could make an argument where they should've spent more money and did not, where GS would have but those aren't two good examples.

Next season the Yankees could have three homegrown catchers on the roster Cervelli, Romine and Sanchez and why Martin would not get more than 1 year this year.

Granderson and Tex are both injured no way anyone could have forseen either accident.

The Yankees like every other organization have to suck it up and use what they have in their system or do what are they are doing scanning the waiver wire.

Shopping young talent for a temporary fix is dumb and always comes back to bite.

The Yankees will deal with their problems just like the Sox will deal with the loss of Papi's production from their the line-up.

"the yankees are cheap because they didn't give Soriano a 2 year deal worth 28m......"

You make no sense Pop's.

You were calling the Yankees cheap when they had Mo closing and Soriano setting up.

Why would they ever give Soriano 14m per which he got from the Nats to be Mariano's set-up?

And the Yankees would have had to out bid the Nats to get him meaning Soriano have gotten much more than the 24m he is getting.

What other team in baseball would pay 24mil per year their set-up guy and closer?

Name just one.

I must be going too fast for you.

A few years back they signed Soriano to a 3 year 35M contract to be the set up guy for Mo.

Why not retain his services for similar dollars now and have him as your closer after this season. Plus have insurance if Mo goes down again.

The why is clear. Three years ago the Yanks were spending money, now there not.

Heck, they even gave Mo a pay cut.

Please don't tell me Robertson is the closer in waiting.

We all saw that failed experiment last year.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

What am I missing here?

You make no sense Pop's.

Name just one.

I must be going too fast for you.

A few years back they signed Soriano to a 3 year 35M contract to be the set up guy for Mo.

Why not retain his services for similar dollars now and have him as your closer after this season. Plus have insurance if Mo goes down again.

The why is clear. Three years ago the Yanks were spending money, now there not.

Heck, they even gave Mo a pay cut.

Please don't tell me Robertson is the closer in waiting.

We all saw that failed experiment last year.

Because Soriano was injured the first year of that Yankee contract and finished the season with a 4.12 era. He pitched a booming 39 innings for 11 million dollars.

How many starters in MLB expected to pitch 200 innings make 11 mil per?

Mo's injury last season enabling Soriano to close was the only face saving part of that  ugly contract for the Yankees.

Why haven't the Sox doled out 24 mil for two years for another DH for a rainy day when Ortiz is injured or retires?

The reason is is because a contract like that or the one given Soriano is insane, like you.

The Yankees don't need to pay that kind of money for an 8th inning guy, they have arms in house.

Again, you say the Yankees are cheap, for the 2nd time:

Name a team, one team in MLB history that has paid that much for a setup and closer (24M per).

The answer is none.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

The Yankees have become somewhat reminiscient of Mr. Burns proposed ringer softball tesm where he wanted Honus Wagner, Cap Anson and 3-Finger Brown...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to notin's comment:

The Yankees have become somewhat reminiscient of Mr. Burns proposed ringer softball tesm where he wanted Honus Wagner, Cap Anson and 3-Finger Brown...

The rumor on the Yankee sites is that Cano was offered 8 years 216 mil.

And he rejected it. 27m per year.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Chris Carlin@ChrisCarlinSNY

If Texas sent a scout to look at Joba, I'm betting the Yankees are trying to put something together for Mike Olt. 3B, a top prospect, cheap.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

He is gonna be a great Dodger.

Sounds like it.

To turn down 216m @ 8 without a counter.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Chris Carlin‏@ChrisCarlinSNY

If Texas sent a scout to look at Joba, I'm betting the Yankees are trying to put something together for Mike Olt. 3B, a top prospect, cheap.

espn dallas speculates Craig Gentry..

It would take a lot more than Joba to get Olt from Texas.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

But not to get In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

But not to get Mitch Moreland...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

But not to get In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

But not to get Mitch Moreland...

Don't know about interest in Morland, not bad at first but when Tex returns he'd have to go to the outfield where he is terrible.

Could be Joba and a prospect for Olt. 

I like Chamberlain but feel the Yankees, Cashman, Girardi have totally screwed him up, time for him to go somewhere else.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

If that is true, then that is crazy. 

I cannot think of another team besides the Dodgers that can offer a better deal. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

If that is true, then that is crazy. 

I cannot think of another team besides the Dodgers that can offer a better deal. 

8 years @ 27 M per isn't bad.

He said last year he wanted a 10 year contract from the Yankees.

I don't know who will give him that contract.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Hello ThatWasMe  :)

I meant to say that Cano and his agent, Boras are crazy to turn down that offer. 

That is a very good offer made by the Yankees.  After Jeter retires, Cano would be the leader and face of the Yankees. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I meant to say that Cano and his agent, Boras are crazy to turn down that offer. 

That is a very good offer made by the Yankees.  After Jeter retires, Cano would be the leader and face of the Yankees. 

Yeah I understood your point ic :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Cool ThatWasMe  :)

I miss the good old days when the AL East was dominated by the Red Sox and Yankees.  The Rays, Blue Jays and O's were pushovers.   LOL

Now, the AL East is a five-team race. 

Even teams like the Mariners and Royals are no longer pushovers.

I wonder when the Red Sox and Yankees will face in the playoffs again..............or have a brawl.   ;) 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Cool ThatWasMe  :)

I miss the good old days when the AL East was dominated by the Red Sox and Yankees.  The Rays, Blue Jays and O's were pushovers.   LOL

Now, the AL East is a five-team race. 

Even teams like the Mariners and Royals are no longer pushovers.

I wonder when the Red Sox and Yankees will face in the playoffs again..............or have a brawl.   ;) 

tensions are going to be high between every ALE team this season.. every disision win/loss is going to be magnified due to the likely tight race that will be going on. I expect a brawl between 2 ALE teams this year. can't wait. personally, i hope it's against the O's

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Manny Del Carmen available.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Milton Bradley, Julio Lugo available.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Derek Jeter available.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts