4. Have to hit Nava No. 2 because there are no alternatives

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Desperation

Imagine how much better off they'd be if they

1)  dealt Buck in the off season

2)  acquired a RH Power Bat for LF

3)  cut ties w/ Lady Grady 2 weeks sooner

4)  cut ties w/ Mujica a month ago

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

More bad news; the more Bogey plays, the lower his trade value becomes. Only bright spot on this team has been the pitching for the most part, especially when Doubront isn't pitching. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Ben decided to roll the dice in the off season.  Funny how each move he made last off season worked, not so this season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

You win some and you lose some. I say stop your whining and enjoy the fact that you got to witness 3 world series in 10 years!  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:

You win some and you lose some. I say stop your whining and enjoy the fact that you got to witness 3 world series in 10 years!  

oh thank you....a ray of light on such a cloudy day.  There is still sanity in sox nation.

Honestly, until the Sox lay an egg two years in a row, I won't complain.  **** happens, but when you don't address it or deal with it THAT's when it hits me.  As far as I'm concerned this F.O. has had zero trade deadlines and zero off seasons since this season that we call a debacle. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Not gonna lie......I REALLY wanted them to go after Abreau in the off season.  I understand the rational for not, however, they had the cash and they needed a bat.

With that said......I was also the same guy that was VERY happy they signed Drew this season..... (You gotta take the good prediction with the that bad prediction...everything balances itself out!)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

1) For what?

2) Who was out there?

3) And done what?  Have they done anything since he was released that they weren't doing before he was released?

4) Pitching has not been the issue. Don't really care one way or the other about Mujica, but you are delusional if you think releasing the last or next to last guy in the bullpen would have made a difference. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

More bad news; the more Bogey plays, the lower his trade value becomes. Only bright spot on this team has been the pitching for the most part, especially when Doubront isn't pitching. 

Now we're trading Bogaerts because he's having trouble hitting a big league breaking ball?  This place has gone off the deep end.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:

Now we're trading Bogaerts because he's having trouble hitting a big league breaking ball?  This place has gone off the deep end.

If I were Bill I'd say, BINGO DAT,

But since I'm S5 I'll say, NO KIDDING!!"

[object HTMLDivElement]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

1) For what?

2) Who was out there?

3) And done what?  Have they done anything since he was released that they weren't doing before he was released?

4) Pitching has not been the issue. Don't really care one way or the other about Mujica, but you are delusional if you think releasing the last or next to last guy in the bullpen would have made a difference. 

so not one player is available for a trade? 

cutting bait with your worst hitter and worst reliever and worst starter can only help.  given they are the worst then logic dictates their replacement must be better.  take all the games buck and mujica blew for them and if convert just 20% of those to wins that's a few more wins.  how many times did sizemore make an out w/ the game on the line?  convert just one of those to a game winning hit and now we have a total of 4 incremental wins.  stop me when start following this.............

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

if U think it's to early fine

but U make it sound like 'trouble with the cure'

hasn't ruined many careers

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

He's being sarcastic......relax.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:

Being in another world series is not the problem. Winning a few games is a major problem.Fans are looking for something to watch and enjoy. Do you not think this team 2014 is a joke right out of Spring Training? Fans are being taken as suckers and now they just would like to watch good baseball not minor  league at major league prices. If you feel that living in the past is worth bad baseball now, then so be it. Sox stink and fans have that right to let it be known ,we don't like it... Win some lose some? The win some are getting hard to come by. Not whining ,just a fact. Something I guess you just don't get. As long as your happy ,go watch your 2004 sox video ,Let us know the ending will ya !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

1) For what?

2) Who was out there?

cutting bait with your worst hitter and worst reliever and worst starter can only help.  given they are the worst then logic dictates their replacement must be better.  take all the games buck and mujica blew for them and if convert just 20% of those to wins that's a few more wins.  how many times did sizemore make an out w/ the game on the line?  convert just one of those to a game winning hit and now we have a total of 4 incremental wins.  stop me when start following this.............

how did clay pitch last night?

for grady - who would you have hit for him in those spots?  the whole team is struggling to hit....

other names i have posted under:  none

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

1) For what?

2) Who was out there?

how did clay pitch last night?

for grady - who would you have hit for him in those spots?  the whole team is struggling to hit....

other names i have posted under:  none

one game?  one?  against the Cubs?  what about all of his other stinkers?  are you erasing those?

re:  Lady Grady.  He was the weakest hitter.  Therefore, logic dictates that anyone else would had been better.  Anyone else.  If you are still lost, I suggest you look up the word "worst" in any English dictionary........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

Desperation is the Sox of '14

1. Had to have Drew to play SS

2. Wanted desperately to rely on Sizemore as CF

3. Had to bring up Betts despite being way before his time

4. Have to hit Nava No. 2 because there are no alternatives

Yes to #one, Size did well in ST so no. The international league is not what it was last year so I think they caved in on bringing up Mookie. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

2014 and 2012....and in between a WS title....it's beyond mind-boggling....only way you can look at it is that the Sox were given a flyer by the Baseball Gods...here enjoy '13 because back to reality in '14.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

steven, the Sox were hoping a guy who was out of baseball for 2 years and had a good ST (a lot of the best AAA players have had good STs too...not exactly predicting of a MLB player's season) was going to somehow replace or even half replace Ellsbury....Bradley replaced his defense as it turns out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

steven, the Sox were hoping a guy who was out of baseball for 2 years and had a good ST (a lot of the best AAA players have had good STs too...not exactly predicting of a MLB player's season) was going to somehow replace or even half replace Ellsbury....Bradley replaced his defense as it turns out.

I drank the koolaide on Size, mostly because some good posters like SouthPaw were serving it.  I hope Size does well somewhere, another guy in shape and a nice swing.  Perhaps the fault lies on the end of the red sox and their hitting coach?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

well, hard to criticize a coach who had a tough health problem to recover from...If Colbrunn gets fired, it's like most hitting coaches, they are the sacrificial lambs of MLB. Pitching coaches are second in that category. You ever see a Bench Coach, the right-hand man ever get fired? Nope. Usually that's the guy who replaces the manager when the team gives up on the manager. Best guy to be in a dugout? Bench Coach.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Didn't say to trade him, just mentioned his value has gone down. Reading Comprehension 101?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

He's being sarcastic......relax.

Only slightly, but the truth is Bogey's trading value has gone down since he was the #1 prospect in the SOX minor league system. If anyone wants to argue that, fine.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to S5's comment:

If I were Bill I'd say, BINGO DAT,

But since I'm S5 I'll say, NO KIDDING!!"

[object HTMLDivElement]

No, if Bill were here he'd say "Yes, Bogey's trading value has gone down." But then Bill's reading comprehension is better than both of yours. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

I follow you just fine, just like reading a cheap novel.

I have no idea who is/was available for trade.  Neither do you.  The difference is I admit that.

Re Sizemore.  The entire team has been terrible with the game on the line.  You can play that game with virtually every player on the team and to single out one player is absurd.  At the time of his release, Sizemore was the 2nd most productive Red Sox OF behind Gomes.  A sad state of affairs, but that's the what the numbers say.  Nava has since picked it up but was still below Sizemore AT THE TIME.  If you want to count Victorino's 21 games (and he was not exactly lighting it up) , then Sizemore dropped to 3rd.  Holt had played all of 9 games in the OF at that point, but essentially his emergence as an OF forced Sizemore out of a job. No issue there, it was an experiment that didn't work.  Only an idiot would blame the season on him.

Like it or not, the FACT is the Sox are 5-7 in Buchholz's starts.  Perhaps you should redirect your venom towards Mr. Peavy, the Sox are 5-12 in his games and have not won in one of his starts since May 29.  Buchholz is at least showing signs of coming around, Peavy is fading rapidly.  

I already said I could take or leave Mujica, but he is 2-3 with 2 saves and 1 blown save (a game the Red Sox won).  Koji has blown as many games as Mujica.  Not sure what you are expecting out of the 11th guy on  the staff.   

Sections
Shortcuts