Detroit got screwed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Detroit got screwed

In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : Didn't you rest three closers? lol And you got a day off. Do you really think they need that much rest even though they couldn't possibly all be in the next game? The Phillies had no problem playing, and, I believe, they were in the playoffs before the Yankees were. At least they play the game with integrity. A man lost his job because the Yankees were cowards who didn't want to face the Sox in the playoffs. Let's face it. Here's a new Yankee slogan for you:  "The Yankees - No Conscience Baseball". FTR, when I told my father, originally from the Bronx, NY, I was rooting for the Yankees during the Rays games, he told me I was putting in my time as an American. lol  When I told him what I thought about Girardi, he said "All Yankees go to heaven." Apparently, you're all alike.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Cry

Maybe you should put the blame where it belongs, at the feet of the Red Sox. You go 7 - 20 in September, don't expect anyone else to do your dirty work for you. The Yanks didn't cost Tito his job; Tito's starting rotation and bullpen did.
    FTR - where were you last Monday when Girardi bent over backwards so the Sox could win the second game of the doubleheader? If he pinch hits Jeter or A-Rod in a couple of situations, the Sox lose that game as well. Didn't hear moaning about how the Yanks were laying down then.

So yeah, you are right, the Yanks wanted no part of Boston in the playoffs. I mean what team wouldn't want to face a rotation with an ERA of over 7.00 in September?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : Maybe you should put the blame where it belongs, at the feet of the Red Sox. You go 7 - 20 in September, don't expect anyone else to do your dirty work for you. The Yanks didn't cost Tito his job; Tito's starting rotation and bullpen did. FTR - where were you last Monday when Girardi bent over backwards so the Sox could win the second game of the doubleheader? If he pinch hits Jeter or A-Rod in a couple of situations, the Sox lose that game as well. Didn't hear moaning about how the Yanks were laying down then. So yeah, you are right, the Yanks wanted no part of Boston in the playoffs. I mean what team wouldn't want to face a rotation with an ERA of over 7.00 in September?
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Did you just say pinch hit for Jeter or A-Rod? Oh, yeah, you did.

I think injuries had a hand in the Sox fall and Tito's as well, but I still believe the game should be played the right way. And there's no way anyone is going to get me to believe that's what happened in Tampa. I also believe all the other teams were playing to win --- except the Yankees.

I do believe in Karma, for whatever reason. And I guess we'll all see how it turns out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbeehh. Show bbeehh's posts

THE DEAD SOX STILL LOST TO BALTIMORE!! Did you conveniently forget that?
    You blame the Yankees?? How professional?! Not!

Again, all about blaming others for your own mistakes and inabilities.

LOSERS to the first degree!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : Did you just say pinch hit for Jeter or A-Rod? Oh, yeah, you did. I think injuries had a hand in the Sox fall and Tito's as well, but I still believe the game should be played the right way. And there's no way anyone is going to get me to believe that's what happened in Tampa. I also believe all the other teams were playing to win --- except the Yankees. I do believe in Karma, for whatever reason. And I guess we'll all see how it turns out.

No - read it again " If he pinch hits Jeter or A-Rod in a couple of situations, the Sox lose that game as well." You will notice that I did not use the word for in that sentence. Jeter and A-Rod were on the bench in the second game but Girardi chose to let the kids hit with RISP & not use his stars.

Now that is sour grapes. All teams have injuries and the Yanks had their fair share as well. That is part of the game.

As for Karma - if the Yanks lose, it will be due to the fact that another team  were better than them in that particular series. It has zero to do with Karma.

As for me, I believe in John, but John Lennon did say, "Instant Karma's gonna get you, Gonna look you right in the face".

Maybe the karma is going to be the twisted way some people turn things and it biting them right back in the face. Who truly knows.

Have a wonderful Sunday Kim.

Why in the world are we here,
    Surely not to live in pain and fear,
    Why on earth are you there,
    When you're ev'rywhere,
    Come and get your share.

Well we all shine on,
    Like the moon and the stars and the sun,
    Yeah we all shine on,
    Come on and on and on on on

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : Didn't you rest three closers? lol And you got a day off. Do you really think they need that much rest even though they couldn't possibly all be in the next game? The Phillies had no problem playing, and, I believe, they were in the playoffs before the Yankees were. At least they play the game with integrity. A man lost his job because the Yankees were cowards who didn't want to face the Sox in the playoffs. Let's face it. Here's a new Yankee slogan for you:  "The Yankees - No Conscience Baseball". FTR, when I told my father, originally from the Bronx, NY, I was rooting for the Yankees during the Rays games, he told me I was putting in my time as an American. lol  When I told him what I thought about Girardi, he said "All Yankees go to heaven." Apparently, you're all alike.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Its not possible for Soriano, Robertson and Mariano to pitch in the same game?  Ever hear of the 7th, 8th and 9th innings?  Francona didn't lose his job because of what the Yankees did, he said he would do what Girardi was doing and was envious of the position the Yankees were in, the moral of this story is don't go 7-20 in September.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : No - read it again " If he pinch hits Jeter or A-Rod in a couple of situations, the Sox lose that game as well." You will notice that I did not use the word for in that sentence. Jeter and A-Rod were on the bench in the second game but Girardi chose to let the kids hit with RISP & not use his stars. Now that is sour grapes. All teams have injuries and the Yanks had their fair share as well. That is part of the game. As for Karma - if the Yanks lose, it will be due to the fact that another team  were better than them in that particular series. It has zero to do with Karma. As for me, I believe in John, but John Lennon did say, "Instant Karma's gonna get you, Gonna look you right in the face". Maybe the karma is going to be the twisted way some people turn things and it biting them right back in the face. Who truly knows. Have a wonderful Sunday Kim. Why in the world are we here, Surely not to live in pain and fear, Why on earth are you there, When you're ev'rywhere, Come and get your share. Well we all shine on, Like the moon and the stars and the sun, Yeah we all shine on, Come on and on and on on on .
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Spot on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

AAt least this interesting reading between jeresyeric and kimsaythis.

I don't know who is right at this point, I would generally tend to go with the Sox fan,but both are making great arguments, AREyou both LAWYORS in real life.

Regardless keep it going, it's great reading.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : No - read it again " If he pinch hits Jeter or A-Rod in a couple of situations, the Sox lose that game as well." You will notice that I did not use the word for in that sentence. Jeter and A-Rod were on the bench in the second game but Girardi chose to let the kids hit with RISP & not use his stars. Now that is sour grapes. All teams have injuries and the Yanks had their fair share as well. That is part of the game. As for Karma - if the Yanks lose, it will be due to the fact that another team  were better than them in that particular series. It has zero to do with Karma. As for me, I believe in John, but John Lennon did say, "Instant Karma's gonna get you, Gonna look you right in the face". Maybe the karma is going to be the twisted way some people turn things and it biting them right back in the face. Who truly knows. Have a wonderful Sunday Kim. Why in the world are we here, Surely not to live in pain and fear, Why on earth are you there, When you're ev'rywhere, Come and get your share. Well we all shine on, Like the moon and the stars and the sun, Yeah we all shine on, Come on and on and on on on .
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE] hey Jess, Yanks letting this one get away from them, sloppy play today, better shape up....man, i might have done better in FB had Scherzer pitched like this all year..Tongue out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : hey Jess, Yanks letting this one get away from them, sloppy play today, better shape up....man, i might have done better in FB had Scherzer pitched like this all year..
    Posted by jete02fan

2nd time this year he has pitched this well against us, tomorrow is gonna be tough.  Hopefully it doesn't rain in Detroit!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : hey Jess, Yanks letting this one get away from them, sloppy play today, better shape up....man, i might have done better in FB had Scherzer pitched like this all year..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Indeed Jete. Tex's pop out in the first inning was a game changer. He has been doing that more often not not this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : How many pitches did Girardi leave a reliever in for? Was it 56 or something? Yeah, that's normal. And, FTR, knowing that it's going to rain all night doesn't really sound like manipulating the weather. You look at a radar screen, the radar screen says it's going to rain all night, and there you have it. Not rocket science. So funny, that it was probably the shortest game ever played, a playoff game no less when the pitchers matter soooo much, that they realized couldn't be played. Just long enough to get Verlander out, though. Mission accomplished.

I'm still trying to figure out how this is a Yankee conspiracy; and you were laughing at me?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : I'm still trying to figure out how this is a Yankee conspiracy; and you were laughing at me?
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Pike is delusional.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : Pike is delusional.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

This is not Pike.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : This is not Pike.

I know you believe otherwise along with Jessey but I and others have our doubts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Detroit got screwed:
    [QUOTE]they shouldent have started that game if the new a deluge was coming. Now yanks avoid getting verlander twice which was detritus only hope of winning
    Posted by condognh[/QUOTE]
    Yanks are also 2-0 vs. Verlander this season. Has more problems facing good line ups. walks more batters.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : I know you believe otherwise along with Jessey but I and others have our doubts.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

We won't agree, but I'll say this much; Kim has an obvious feminine touch that Pike could not emulate, (not that a man couldn't do it; but Pike is not one of them); and if you can't see that, then maybe you haven't talked to many.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : We won't agree, but I'll say this much; Kim has an obvious feminine touch that Pike could not emulate, (not that a man couldn't do it; but Pike is not one of them); and if you can't see that, then maybe you haven't talked to many.

You're fooled easily however instead of letting Pike/Kim divide us we should remain united in rooting for the Yankees. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : You're fooled easily however instead of letting Pike/Kim divide us we should remain united in rooting for the Yankees. 
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

I don't agree, let's leave it at that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : I don't agree, let's leave it at that.

We've established that at the outset of this conversation (on both sides) Go Yanks!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Detroit got screwed?..well, Valverde doesn't think so.......

NEW YORK -- How's this for a guarantee?

After closing out the Detroit Tigers' win over the New York Yankees in Game 2 of the ALDS on Sunday, closer Jose Valverde believes the Tigers are a lock to win the series.

"I think the series will finish in our house," Valverde told ESPN Deportes' Enrique Rojas and other outlets. "They have a good team, but the series is not (coming) back to New York."

The Yankees and Tigers are tied at 1-1 in the best-of-five series. The teams split two games in the Bronx. Game 3 is scheduled for Monday in Detroit. It will be a duel of aces -- Detroit's Justin Verlander and New York's CC Sabathia.

"We have a big advantage," Valverde said. "We have Verlander ready for tomorrow. In the bullpen, we are ready."

Valverde made a similar guarantee in interviews given in English but said that he was joking. He did not say he was joking in the interview with Spanish-speaking outlets.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from athens7676. Show athens7676's posts

This whole thread is silly... Kim's heart is in the right place as a BoSox fan, but the idea that there is some kind of conspiracy in place is down right ridiculous, just as the idea that the Yankee's purposefully tanked the last game of the season. They did not change the integrity of the game by not pitching one of their top 3 relievers in that game. They EARNED the Al East title, and had every right to rest their guys up for the ALDS (A series they a going to lose anyway...well, most likely)...Proctor threw all those pitches because Girardi had used all of his avaulable pitchers at that point. Were any of you complaining in the past when the Red Sox decided to set up their pitching instead of pursuing a division crown? I doubt it. My Braves just suffered the same exact type of collapse the Sox did, and the blame only lies in ONE place... not in the GM's Box or the Managers office (I'm not saying they helped) and certainly not on the shoulders of the manager of ANOTHER team...the blame rests 100% on the PLAYERS. Injuries happen, every team has to deal with them...the Braves and Sox didn't lose because of injuries...they lost because PLAYERS didn't step up and do their jobs. I watched almost every game the Sox played in September, ditto the Braves..and neither team seemed to have any leadership at all. I waited for Chipper Jones or Brian McCann to step up and lead... they didn't. I know that Pedroia is untouchable round these parts...but he didn't lead either, nor did AGon or Ortiz (who shocked me this year with his selfishness....complaining about an RBI? Really? His smile has been one of the great things about baseball the past 8 years, and he diminished that with his behaivior this year). The teams we love lost because they weren't winners...plain and simple. It is easy to look for scapegoats (that guy on these boards with handle that is a misspelled guitar legend's name has been beating a few of them to death) but the truth is 1 through 9 in the lineup, 1-5 (7?) in the rotation and 1-7 in the bullpen failed when it counted and failed badly. The only guy who seemed to really RAISE his game was Scutaro.
          Stop looking for scapegoats...the Sox did it to themselves.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]       Stop looking for scapegoats...the Sox did it to themselves.
    Posted by athens7676[/QUOTE]

Your post makes sense. That is the reason that certain posters will not agree with you. The season did not end the way that we wanted it to, but it is over for this year.   The Sox collapsed down the stretch and that was no ones fault but their own. Injuries certainly played a part, but we weren't the only team with injuries. Who cares what the Yankees did against Tampa Bay (or against any other team). The bottom line is that we couldn't beat Baltimore with our season on the line. Hopefully the team will come back next season and play as we all felt that were capable of. It's a shame that Francona took the fall but someone had to.  All of this "Yankee conspiracy" stuff is nonsense. By the way, the Yankees do not control the weather nor do they control the Sox fate.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWoD2sQ9LiU

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

it's a good thing this series has moved to Motown, because par for the course....it's freakin raining in here in the city!!!...Yell

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

[QUOTE]it's a good thing this series has moved to Motown, because par for the course....it's freakin raining in here in the city!!!...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

It never stops it just rains everyday even SPC can predict the weather here.....before we know it, it will be snow.

Sections
Shortcuts