Detroit got screwed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

Re: Detroit got screwed

In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed:
    [QUOTE]Detroit may only get to pitch Verlander once and NY may only get to pitch Sabbathia once. Each team lost an opportunity to use their best pitcher. Now unless we are accusing the Yankees of controlling the weather.......
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]

The Yankees DO NOT control the weather.  They do pay off the weather services to provide false forecast so that they can avoid two games in a short series versus Verlander.

Them Steinbrenner Boys are diabolical!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

And a monkey reading a weather radar screen would have probably known it was going to rain all night. How could such an important game be called that early because they didn't know the weather situation? In 2011?

Everyone has said, the biggest problem with facing Detroit in the playoffs was that you had to face Verlander twice. Well, they got past that one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

What I can't stand is preferential treatment of the Spankees! The sox had to sit for 2 and a half hours to wait to finish a game that they had started with Baltimore,but when the Yankmees start a game and it rains they don't have to start their game again until the field is completely dry! That my friends is a pure case of double standards. From all I've ever learned about baseball the Sox game should have been called because of rain with no resumption necessary! Wally Bell's comments were we will finish this game tonight due to the importance of the game,what? It was a regular season game not a playoff game. Have no fear fellow conspiracy theorists,this was a rig job!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

[QUOTE]And a monkey reading a weather radar screen would have probably known it was going to rain all night. How could such an important game be called that early because they didn't know the weather situation? In 2011? Everyone has said, the biggest problem with facing Detroit in the playoffs was that you had to face Verlander twice. Well, they got past that one.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

MLB makes those decisions not the NYY Yankees.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Joe Girardi said "the weather in NY is unpredictable". Yeah, maybe if a tornado went through the stadium, that might be unpredictable. Not if it's going to rain all night. The weather was just as predictable as him helping the Rays beat the Yankees.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Rip off I tell you; just a rip off. How dare MLB rain out that game? Even it was delayed 9 additional hours because that is how much longer the rain fell. It should have continued.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

[QUOTE]Joe Girardi said "the weather in NY is unpredictable". Yeah, maybe if a tornado went through the stadium, that might be unpredictable. Not if it's going to rain all night. The weather was just as predictable as him helping the Rays beat the Yankees.

I think Joe Girardi and the Yanks must've been in on it, its clear that something doesn't add up and an investigation should be launched.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : MLB makes those decisions not the NYY Yankees.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Who's in charge of MLB again? I'm sorry, I forgot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : Who's in charge of MLB again? I'm sorry, I forgot.

Bud Selig

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Joe Girardi said "the weather in NY is unpredictable". Yeah, maybe if a tornado went through the stadium, that might be unpredictable. Not if it's going to rain all night. The weather was just as predictable as him helping the Rays beat the Yankees.

Kim is right - Girardi told Russell Martin to hit into the triple play and Soriano to give up the game winning HR in the 2nd game of the series and then told Logan, Wade, Proctor and company to blow the 7 run lead. It was a set-up to keep Boston out of the post season.

As for the weather - how dare the Yankees tell Storm from the X-men to manipulate the weather?

Yanks should forfeit the season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

In Response to Detroit got screwed:
    [QUOTE]they shouldent have started that game if the new a deluge was coming. Now yanks avoid getting verlander twice which was detritus only hope of winning
    Posted by condognh[/QUOTE]

Want some cheese with that whine?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : Kim is right - Girardi told Russell Martin to hit into the triple play and Soriano to give up the game winning HR in the 2nd game of the series and then told Logan, Wade, Proctor and company to blow the 7 run lead. It was a set-up to keep Boston out of the post season. As for the weather - how dare the Yankees tell Storm from the X-men to manipulate the weather? Yanks should forfeit the season.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Pike has an incredible imagination.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : Bud Selig
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Oh, my bad. Vice President of Baseball Operations.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : Oh, my bad. Vice President of Baseball Operations.

Does the VP of Baseball Operations have unlimited power in regard to that decision or does that person have other people that come to it and does the VP of baseball OP's answer to nobody or does he have a boss?  There is no conspiracy, the Yankees aren't happy about how this setup their own staff for the rest of the series.  You're simply upset because the Sox didn't make it in Pike.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

No matter how silly this all gets, I still don't believe that Kim is Pike.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : Kim is right - Girardi told Russell Martin to hit into the triple play and Soriano to give up the game winning HR in the 2nd game of the series and then told Logan, Wade, Proctor and company to blow the 7 run lead. It was a set-up to keep Boston out of the post season. As for the weather - how dare the Yankees tell Storm from the X-men to manipulate the weather? Yanks should forfeit the season.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

How many pitches did Girardi leave a reliever in for? Was it 56 or something? Yeah, that's normal.

And, FTR, knowing that it's going to rain all night doesn't really sound like manipulating the weather. You look at a radar screen, the radar screen says it's going to rain all night, and there you have it. Not rocket science.

So funny, that it was probably the shortest game ever played, a playoff game no less when the pitchers matter soooo much, that they realized couldn't be played. Just long enough to get Verlander out, though. Mission accomplished.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : How many pitches did Girardi leave a reliever in for? Was it 56 or something? Yeah, that's normal. And, FTR, knowing that it's going to rain all night doesn't really sound like manipulating the weather. You look at a radar screen, the radar screen says it's going to rain all night, and there you have it. Not rocket science. So funny, that it was probably the shortest game ever played, a playoff game no less when the pitchers matter soooo much, that they realized couldn't be played. Just long enough to get Verlander out, though. Mission accomplished.

Did you watch the radar all day Kim? Rain wasn't supposed to get heavy until much later that night. In fact, during the first 10 minutes of the delay, Tom Verducci reported that the radar showed that there would be a break in the rain. Unfortunately, the front which had moved in changed just slightly, changed all that.

Hurricane Irene was projected to hit 20 miles east of NYC, then in a matter of minutes, changed so slightly, but that caused the Irene to move inland a bit more. Hence the devastation that was Upstate NY.

Like I said, it must have been Storm from the X-men.

The reality is that the game should have been scheduled for 7 PM, not 8:30. So maybe your argument should be with MLB and the TV rights that it sells to the post season. This had nothing to do with the Yankees; get over that.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbeehh. Show bbeehh's posts

YOUR JEALOUSY IS SHOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't make it to the post season?? Then why not rip the hell out of those that did. Is that your mantra?????

Ha ha ha - watching from the side lines.. and not in the game!
    thank yourselves and your team!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : How many pitches did Girardi leave a reliever in for? Was it 56 or something? Yeah, that's normal. And, FTR, knowing that it's going to rain all night doesn't really sound like manipulating the weather. You look at a radar screen, the radar screen says it's going to rain all night, and there you have it. Not rocket science. So funny, that it was probably the shortest game ever played, a playoff game no less when the pitchers matter soooo much, that they realized couldn't be played. Just long enough to get Verlander out, though. Mission accomplished.

What wasn't normal about it?  Girardi was resting his key guys and he made that known.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

You are right - he should have brought in Mo or Roberston. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : You are right - he should have brought in Mo or Roberston. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by jesseyeric

I mean is just sour grapes at this point?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : How many pitches did Girardi leave a reliever in for? Was it 56 or something? Yeah, that's normal. And, FTR, knowing that it's going to rain all night doesn't really sound like manipulating the weather. You look at a radar screen, the radar screen says it's going to rain all night, and there you have it. Not rocket science. So funny, that it was probably the shortest game ever played, a playoff game no less when the pitchers matter soooo much, that they realized couldn't be played. Just long enough to get Verlander out, though. Mission accomplished.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Boy are you lame.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Detroit got screwed : You are right - he should have brought in Mo or Roberston. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by jesseyeric

Didn't you rest three closers? lol And you got a day off. Do you really think they need that much rest even though they couldn't possibly all be in the next game? The Phillies had no problem playing, and, I believe, they were in the playoffs before the Yankees were. At least they play the game with integrity.

A man lost his job because the Yankees were cowards who didn't want to face the Sox in the playoffs. Let's face it. Here's a new Yankee slogan for you: 

"The Yankees - No Conscience Baseball".

FTR, when I told my father, originally from the Bronx, NY, I was rooting for the Yankees during the Rays games, he told me I was putting in my time as an American. lol  When I told him what I thought about Girardi, he said "All Yankees go to heaven." Apparently, you're all alike.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

Meanwhile, Mo had to pitch in the first game, and could likely pitch 4 games in a row, being fully rested, the top guys in the pen are ready.

Seems like it was Girardi's responsibility to get the Yanks ready, not to solve the Sox' problems.