DFA Tim Wastefield!!! Ceremonial Tour Should End!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: DFA Tim Wastefield!!! Ceremonial Tour Should End!

In Response to Re: DFA Tim Wastefield!!! Ceremonial Tour Should End!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DFA Tim Wastefield!!! Ceremonial Tour Should End! : That's what they teach at the Fort Lauderdale troll school. They now have a course of how to nickname players like a ten year old would do - Slackey, Beck-hit, Papsmear, Lackluster, Wastefield, NancyDrew. Babe got a Gold Star in that course.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

How would you know?
    Were you perched in the back of the class - noose in hand?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thewags. Show thewags's posts

Wake is my main man. Cant wait for him to get to 200!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Ya know, Wags, that deserves a thread of its own.

Laughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

All you need to know is that the Sox have won over 75% of the games Wake's pitched this year. Regardless of how he pitches something happens on the Sox and they plain win.

7 more to tie the record 8 to break it. I want Wake to break it simply to get Clemens name off of it. Right after that win I think he'll retire and if he does his number should be retired regardless if he gets into the hall or not. There has been no one in the last 20 years who has deserved their number retired more then Wake (well maybe Tek)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]Best #5 in baseball.  No idea why Coma leaves a 44 year old in the game into the 7th on a 95 degree day.  It just doesn;t make sense. Blame COma for using Wake to eat more innings, idiots. How many #5 pitchers keep their team in the game every 6 days?   Not many. Look around the league.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Tito ask Wake how he was feeling and  Wake wanted to keep going. He was fine. Looks like your the idiot for posting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In Response to DFA Tim Wastefield!!! Ceremonial Tour Should End!:
    [QUOTE]5 plus ERA for over 2 years! Human Launching pad! Can't do anything out of the pen but mop up! Threatened to pitch for the Rays before he was put in Rotation! Invest all his innings in youth! Wasted Roster Spot! End this circus, DFA Tim Wastefield, now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

As long as the Sox can score more than Wake can give up I will welcome Wake as a starting pitcher anytime.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DFA Tim Wastefield!!! Ceremonial Tour Should End! : Tito ask Wake how he was feeling and  Wake wanted to keep going. He was fine. Looks like your the idiot for posting.
    Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE]

Who's in charge, Terry (Tito is his father) or Wake??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]lets not get carried away. The guy gave up 7 runs. He's very fortunate he pitches for a team with offensive producers. No other team would give him a sniff. He got bailed out big time in the first inning. How many of you want him to get a start in the playoffs? Get real.
    Posted by tookme55[/QUOTE]Since 5 starters aren't used in the playoffs there is little reason to even question whether Wakefield would be used or not. He came into this year as the RS 6th starter and it is a pretty good thing they had him since they have already had to use 9 different starters this year and have had 4 go on the DL.

Whether or not Tim Wakefield is a front line starter is not relevant IMO to his role or his contributions.

By the way, with a $2M base and incentives that will bring his contract in at under $4M Wakefield would get more than a sniff from a lot of teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DFA Tim Wastefield!!! Ceremonial Tour Should End! : Tito ask Wake how he was feeling and  Wake wanted to keep going. He was fine. Looks like your the idiot for posting.
    Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE]

Using your logic, Grady Little was blameless leaving Pedro in the 8th inning of 2003 game 7 ALCS - he said he was OK too -

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Geez folks, the RS were leading by a touchdown and a 2 point conversion when Tito sent Wake back out there. He has Lester just coming off of the DL tomorrow and then Miller and the Lackey. The less he has to go into the bullpen the better.

The RS won the game. I know that the 60-27 since the 2-10 start doesn't leave much to complain about but how bleeping silly is it to beef about how the RS win?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Harness will be here shortly to defend the guy who sets himself up as a target. You may not like the target but Harness claims that a common target is a forum unifier. So is a pile of dog excrement on your front lawn if you want flies.

You mean like your slander threads?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Think of the Fickle Finger Of Fate award (Rowan & Martin)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]All you need to know is that the Sox have won over 75% of the games Wake's pitched this year. Regardless of how he pitches something happens on the Sox and they plain win. 7 more to tie the record 8 to break it. I want Wake to break it simply to get Clemens name off of it. Right after that win I think he'll retire and if he does his number should be retired regardless if he gets into the hall or not. There has been no one in the last 20 years who has deserved their number retired more then Wake (well maybe Tek)
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

If he gets in the hall or not. You can't actually believe he'll even get one vote.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

A litany of lies and distortions

Way to be Wake!!!     (15 Homers is way to be Wake!)

MLB's TOP 6th starter award!!! (Wrong MLB's fat gut award)

Other Sox players are fat. If we called Papi fat, you'd call us a racist.

6 - 3 with an ERA of 4.85 (Wrong ERA is 5.15 and 5+ for years)

9-4 in his starts. You blasted those of us who said poor run support was the reason he had less wins in 2008, but now, (on another thread about losing if he went to TB) you blast his record because of high run support.

PLUS..... many other quality starts & innings  (Wastefield antithesis of quality)

He gets us to the 5th/6th inning in a position to win more than your heroes have for years.

Definite Cy Young Award contender :) (Definite Good Ole White Boy Contender)

Racist.

Thank God Mgmt. doesn't listen to this clown!!!! (There listening to you, clown)

Yes, I agree. If they had listened to you (the biggest clown around) we'd still have BHall, we'd have had Kotchman at 1B in 2010, we'd have kept Patterson over Lowrie in 2010, we'd traded Ells 17 times in dreamy tales, we'd have lost Beckett to free agency, we'd have signed Lackey at one less year, we'd have CC at leadoff and Jake 9th (if not dealt), we'd have Miller starting May 1st admist his walkfest period (you think now is bad, look at his April/May AAA numbers), we'd have Wheeler as our #3 reliever, we'd have extended Dice and Oki (on affirmative action deals and as payment for being racially attacked by Sox fans), we'd have had VMart as our FT catcher (even though he can only catch 1/5th of the time, has horrible CERA numbers, and would have prevented us from signing AGon), we'd have Doubront starting when he was injured, Weiland starting, Jake in LF and Cam still in CF, Drew playing everyday, and much much more... 

Ells.... ON FIRE!!! Best CF in the MLB (Granderson, Kemp & Beltran aren't white enough for you, but there OPS is. Now doggy down on #2)

He may not be the best CF'er in MLB, but he is the best leadoff CF'er in MLB and his OBP is about 35 points higher than your projection. Tell us again why you want CC and his paltry .335 career OBP leading off instead. We need to hear it for the 57th time.

Crawford starting to heat up!!!  (It's nearly August 20M for .288 OBP. If he heats up any more, he's going to get above freezing for the first time all season)

Crawbust is as big a bust as Lugo so far. He was out with an injury and is "heating up". You'd know that, if you actually watched the games.

Salty / Tek combo ..... Best in the MLB due to Tek's tutelage  (2 Timer Varitek and human fellow passed ball Salty aren't even top 10. Varitek should get lessons on how to cheat on a wife and not get caught, and give the O's tutelage on how to kiss a butt)

I guess "tabloid" criticism is Ok for "good ole boys", but we are racists for bringing up Kemp. I guess Coletti and Torre are racists too.

Since you used OPS to rank Ellsbury behind Kemp, Beltran and Grandy, I'll use your criteria to rank the catchers in MLB today. Fair enough? No goalpost moving, OK?

Top 30 catchers in MLB by PAs (some have more PAs at other positions, like Napoli and VMart that I know of):

1) Napoli  .924
    2) MCCann .893
    3) Hernandez .873
    4) Avila  .845
    5) Montero  .822
    6) VMart  .815
    7) Salty   .780
    17) VTek .720

Last I checked, #7 is top 10. If you take away the DH's (VMart and Napoli), Salty is actually the 5th best offensive catcher in MLb this year.

As a team, our catchers rank 6th in MLB in OPS even after a horrible April.

SS / Scutaro struggling since Lowrie's injury  (Scutaro isn't struggling, he's doing exactly what he's done in his mostly bench career. Lowrie is struggling with another phantom injury, bruised shoulder that MRI's showed nothing. Pedroia got his peace of mind MRI and has been better than your wet dream player, not getting caught stealing a lot and getting on base v. RH and LH pitching)

I guess not actually watching explains this rant.

Reddick's Killing LH pitching!!! Yet, this clown wants D'Mac as 4th OFer  (I've been calling for Mac to be DFA'd for months, you reprobate)

You have been DMac's biggest fan, next to BHall.

You get it all wrong, all the time.

Sounds like someone else we all know.

To pity one must not be a pitiful fool that you are.

You know nothing of "pity".

The NYTimes welcomes reprobates like you, so why not use your real identity, Ram-mudpacker.

And, you think it's your politics that gets you banned? How clueless can one get?

Silly Clown.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Colosoxman. Show Colosoxman's posts

In Response to DFA Tim Wastefield!!! Ceremonial Tour Should End!:
    [QUOTE]5 plus ERA for over 2 years! Human Launching pad! Can't do anything out of the pen but mop up! Threatened to pitch for the Rays before he was put in Rotation! Invest all his innings in youth! Wasted Roster Spot! End this circus, DFA Tim Wastefield, now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

Seriously some people should not drink and post

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DFA Tim Wastefield!!! Ceremonial Tour Should End! : Hillbillyboy never gets it right. He just doesn't get it at all, sort of like Betterdeadthanred, Aliibike, etc. Some people just like to see themselves in print and they are among the Trolls we put up with. No matter how well the Sox are doing, great year Ells is having, etc all these few do is trash the team, Francona, Ells, etc any way they may.   Hetchinspete.
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

Watch out Pete. With that anti-troll rhetoric Harness will stereotype you as a card carrying member of the dreaded Pikettes. They are anti-BDC since they wish to rid the forum of trolls and pretenders. Harness is a doorman who admits everyone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DFA Tim Wastefield!!! Ceremonial Tour Should End! : Watch out Pete. With that anti-troll rhetoric Harness will stereotypeyou as a card carrying member of the dreaded Pikettes. They are anti-BDC since they wish to rid the forum of trolls and pretenders. Harness is a doorman who admits everyone.

Stereotyping is what got you and your pathetic band of identities banned, you idiot. How sane UR life would be without this compulsive need to label.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Kim has it right. More people should listen to her. She has it all figured out and that annoys Harness to no end. Harness cannot grasp the reality that half of the forum are pretending to be Red Sox fans when they are not. It reached a peak in April and May and was obvious to many - especially Harness. The naysayers are not concerned fans - never were.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Kim has it right. More people should listen to her. She has it all figured out and that annoys Harness to no end. Harness cannot grasp the realitythat half of the forum are pretending to be Red Sox fans when they are not. It reached a peak in April and May and was obvious to many - especially Harness. The naysayers are not concerned fans - never were.

You have lost all sense of reality. You want everybody to be created in your likeness. God help us.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Diversity is fine to me but when supposed Red Sox fan are negative, pessimistic, cynical, skeptical, and chicken littles on 99% of their posts every day all year long - then I smell a rat and you pardon them. That is the difference between you and me - very simple. You apparently can't tell the difference between a troll and a true fan. Many can, you can't.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Diversity is fine to me but when supposed Red Sox fan are negative, pessimistic, cynical, skeptical, and chicken littles on 99% of their posts every day all year long - then I smell a rat and you pardon them. That is the difference between you and me - very simple. You apparently can't tell the difference between a troll and a true fan. Many can, you can't.

No, that's not the difference at all. You are completely blind to the difference.
    I don't get off labelling people. You do. That's the difference.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Can't you label vegetable plants in your garden vs. weeds? Or is it your nature to label them all as good plants?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

It's the idea of labelling, period.
    People aren't weeds in your garden.
    If I gave up on people as you obviously do, my life would be considerably different now, and for the worse.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Echo is a happy person indeed, he makes it a pastime to ogle the papergirl at 6AM while he sips on his morning Tea of Hate. What a great American.