DICE being DICE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

DICE being DICE?

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21193851/daisuke-allows-two-homers-rehab-start

in his first start since his surgery, facing single A competition, he threw 58 pitches in 4 innings and give up the customary  2 solo HRs with 3 swinging Ks. not great, not bad. key was that there were no customary walks. dice is wallpaper. i dont think he's better right now than any of the 5 guys we send out there now or mr. Cook. he's long relief fodder or someone you quickly designate for assignment. if we can pull a byrd for a career stiff like bowden, something comparable would suffice. perhaps texas (buddy for darvish) or that sorry seattle team will bite.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: DICE being DICE?

shut up dude

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

Absolutely see him contributing. I see at least 10 wins from him when he returns.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: DICE being DICE?:
    Absolutely see him contributing. I see at least 10 wins from him when he returns.
    Posted by harv53

Like most of the rest of the team this year, I see a lot of ??????????.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Not saying that your conjecture that Dice is going to have issues with walks when he returns is off base. His track record is what it is.   But, to judge anything on a guy's first rehab start after Tommy John surgery, well, not so sound.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Judgement is being made about a first start in single A ball after Tommy John Surgery?????

I think it's amazing that he was on the hill throwing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Not saying that your conjecture that Dice is going to have issues with walks when he returns is off base. His track record is what it is.   But, to judge anything on a guy's first rehab start after Tommy John surgery, well, not so sound.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Are you saying that CC starts threads at the drop of a hat?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

To some extent , this is a case of absence makes the heart grow fonder. We tend to forget how much anxiety DiceK caused us when was on the mound. I look forward to his coming back , but I am not really expecting big things from him. I don't know if he should be supplanting Bard or Doubront in the rotation.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

To some extent , this is a case of absence makes the heart grow fonder. We tend to forget how much anxiety DiceK caused us when was on the mound. I look forward to his coming back , but I am not really expecting big things from him. I don't know if he should be supplanting Bard or Doubront in the rotation.
    Posted by dgalehouse

For me it's a mixture of we could have used him even at his worst last year and a lot of reports are that his stuff looks better than it has since he got here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Granite2000. Show Granite2000's posts

There are also reports that the Brooklyn Bridge is for sale, reasonable price, cash only.

What gets lost in all the discussion about Dice's walks, and all those lopsided losses he racks up, is the incredible and undeniable impact he brings when it comes to team morale.

Once Dice returns, his easy charms, his lighthearted banter and legendary story telling abilities will light up the Red Sox clubhouse once again. His relentless 'can-do' attitude coupled with his tireless and vocal support for his teammates will transform this team almost immediately.

More than just another ballplayer, the feel-good magic that is Dice K will envelop the Red Sox like a murky cloud of goodwill, lifting everyone to new heights and rendering the burdens of a lengthy baseball season all the lighter.

Just wait.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

There are also reports that the Brooklyn Bridge is for sale, reasonable price, cash only. What gets lost in all the discussion about Dice's walks, and all those lopsided losses he racks up, is the incredible and undeniable impact he brings when it comes to team morale. Once Dice returns, his easy charms, his lighthearted banter and legendary story telling abilities will light up the Red Sox clubhouse once again. His relentless 'can-do' attitude coupled with his tireless and vocal support for his teammates will transform this team almost immediately. More than just another ballplayer, the feel-good magic that is Dice K will envelop the Red Sox like a murky cloud of goodwill, lifting everyone to new heights and rendering the burdens of a lengthy baseball season all the lighter. Just wait.
    Posted by Granite2000

Now I don't care who you are... that's funny!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

CC never needs more than 1 game to project forward, it's a very special (ahem) skill. 

We're talking about trading pitchers right now? Hmm....I'm guessing we can use him. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

There are also reports that the Brooklyn Bridge is for sale, reasonable price, cash only. What gets lost in all the discussion about Dice's walks, and all those lopsided losses he racks up, is the incredible and undeniable impact he brings when it comes to team morale. Once Dice returns, his easy charms, his lighthearted banter and legendary story telling abilities will light up the Red Sox clubhouse once again. His relentless 'can-do' attitude coupled with his tireless and vocal support for his teammates will transform this team almost immediately. More than just another ballplayer, the feel-good magic that is Dice K will envelop the Red Sox like a murky cloud of goodwill, lifting everyone to new heights and rendering the burdens of a lengthy baseball season all the lighter. Just wait.
    Posted by Granite2000

Funny.

But you sure brought Pedro to mind.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Dice K has always been like Wake good for 4 or 5 innings.  Any Chance Dummy V puts him in the Pen to give us 2 or three good innings of middle relief?

Sections
Shortcuts