Dice-K Next Year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Dice-K Next Year

What will happen to Dice-K next year?  Does anyone think he will play for the Red Sox next season or he has already played his last game in a Red Sox uniform?   I believe he could have helped the Red Sox this year and it is unfortunate that he had surgery.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Re: Dice-K Next Year

If he come back at all, it will be late in the season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Re: Dice-K Next Year:
    [QUOTE]If he come back at all, it will be late in the season.
    Posted by Diamondtalk[/QUOTE]

yup

some guys can come back in a yr (june)

but most need more time (1-1/2yrs)  to be effective

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

he comes back mid season starts a gem followed a by a frustrating performance in which he walks 5 and gives up 5-6 runs in 5-6 innings....people will cry throw their remote at the television and others will say how "lucky" we are to have him as our fifth man.

Thats what I think happens. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I have an idea...

...how do you like it?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I'd like to see Bedard and Miller come back next year, in which case there might not be room for Dice-K.  Then again, we seem to have 2 pitchers on the DL at any given time, so who knows?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ----theyazzer----. Show ----theyazzer----'s posts

[QUOTE]I'd like to see Bedard and Miller come back next year, in which case there might not be room for Dice-K.  Then again, we seem to have 2 pitchers on the DL at any given time, so who knows?
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

bedard, for sure. miller, he's a bum.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

I don't think he will pitch for us next year.

Recovery, followed by rehab exercising, followed by rehab assignments...all take time and effort.

Let me say that again...and effort.

September if we're lucky.

Never if we are luckier.

He doesn't want to pitch here, IMO.  He should find a nice bullpen job on the West Coast.  With his salary commitments, it is unlikely he can be traded. 

But I digress...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think he will pitch for us next year. Recovery, followed by rehab exercising, followed by rehab assignments...all take time and effort. Let me say that again...and effort. September if we're lucky. Never if we are luckier. He doesn't want to pitch here, IMO.  He should find a nice bullpen job on the West Coast.  With his salary commitments, it is unlikely he can be traded.  But I digress...
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

Daisuke Matsuzaka rhp
    6 years/$52M (2007-12)...will be a free agent at the end of next year...

His salary commimnets won't prevent the Sox from trading him, being on the DL will...MY guess is he's thrown his last pitch in MLB and will retire or return to Japan

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

He needs to learn the language and stop refusing to do what Red Sox management tells him to do on arm strength program. He has been on the DL every season and needs to hang out with Tim Wakefield and learn how to be a real pitcher and good citizen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

i agree, he should hang out with Tim and learn how to be a real pitcher. And a good citizen. Wow, you're a smart fella, Softy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Maybe if DiceK learned to throw the goofball then he, too, could pitch until his fat and old and bad.