Dice K Recovery?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Dice K Recovery?

Any one interested in him comming back to Sox?

Strasburg already hitting 95 mph...my be back by Sept.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Re: Dice K Recovery?

Dice-K back to the Sox?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Many times these guys come back better than before.  I would love to give Dice K a shot.  The past is past!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Dice K Recovery?:
    Many times these guys come back better than before.  I would love to give Dice K a shot.  The past is past!
    Posted by jimdavis

I agree with you.  Dice-K may be a much better pitcher after the surgery.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Even with a quick recovery, you're looking at about this time next year (maybe early June).  Control is often the last thing to return after TJ, which wasn't a strength of Dice's to begin with.  Let him take his time to get healthy. Don't plan on him being back in 2012, and if he's able to contribute anything, consider it a bonus.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Dice K is under Contract through next year...there is a chance he will be pitching again by mid next year so unless they release him( and there is no reason to do that) they will see how he looks after the surgery.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

He probably doesn't want to come back. I can see him being traded to the west coast, probably Dodgers.
    I will say this for him, he's the best fielding pitcher we've had.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Now that Farrell is gone, Dice might have a chance to be a decent pitcher. Francona is still there, but hopefully his pitching coach will handle the return of Dice K, and hopefully he'll be mindful of the culture difference and allow Dice to train as he would have if he were still playing in Japan. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---TheBabe-----. Show ---TheBabe-----'s posts

In Response to Dice K Recovery?:
    Any one interested in him comming back to Sox? Strasburg already hitting 95 mph...my be back by Sept.

Posted by beavis

Velocity was never dice k's issue. It was the nibbling that always gets him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Agree with that, if they let him be and train the way he wants to and that he feels most comfortable with, otherwise let him go after 2012, some place where they'll let him be himself.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

He has pitched his last game as a member of the Red Sox. Not one of Theo's better 103 million dollar investments. Both sides move on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Dice K will pitch again for the Sox, at least in September of 2012.  For all the money they have put into him they will at least look at him after surgery to see how he looks. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I agree that we haven't seen the last of Matsuzaka. He'll want a chance to prove to other teams that he can still pitch decently at the major league level. If he doesn't play at all in 2012, he won't get much more than a minor league invite from someone for 2013. If he returns even just for a month next season, then he might be able to convince someone to give him another guaranteed major league contract. Both parties should be interested in letting him make 5-10 starts next year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm not sure holding a slot on the 40 man roster is worth the chance of 5-10 starts in 2012.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

like it has been said. he is under contract. I for one would be curious as to how well the surgery helped his arm. a new pitching coach to boot. I vote yes. I'd like to see the dice man come back.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I'm not sure holding a slot on the 40 man roster is worth the chance of 5-10 starts in 2012.

There are much bigger wastes on the 40-man roster than Daisuke Matsuzaka, who doesn't even count against it because he's on the 60-day DL.

Luis Exposito, Lars Anderson, Oscar Tejeda, Drew Sutton, Darnell McDonald, Stolmy Pimentel, Michael Bowden, Junichi Tazawa, Scott Atchison, Randy Williams, Franklin Morales, etc., are all eminently replaceable parts who realistically will never contribute anything of significance to the Boston Red Sox.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

By the time Dice-K gets back it'll be next September, so I'm not concerned with him this year. Too busy daydreaming of a '11 championship.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

"There are much bigger wastes on the 40-man roster than Daisuke Matsuzaka, who doesn't even count against it because he's on the 60-day DL. "

I believe that the 60-day DL goes away in the off-season?

Agreed that there are several players that the Red Sox can cut to make room, but that roster spot still has SOME value.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

He was very good for the first half of his contract

Now it's time to let him go hang out with Drew, Clement, Renteria, and Lugo........

Sections
Shortcuts