Dice-K to DL; Aceves in Red Sox rotation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Dice-K to DL; Aceves in Red Sox rotation

Daisuke Matsuzaka has officially been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a sprained elbow. RHP Michael Bowden was recalled from AAA Pawtucket.

The new rotation:

Wednesday vs. Detroit: Clay Buchholz

Thursday vs. Detroit: Josh Beckett

Friday vs. Chicago: Jon Lester

Saturday vs. Chicago: Alfredo Aceves

Sunday vs. Chicago: Tim Wakjefield

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: Dice-K to DL; Aceves in Red Sox rotation

well edith, sprained elbow be damned............how bout the shot that he took in the chest..........that had to hurt pretty good. I know how he feels edith. I pitched in college and the parkleague......I've taken a couple of shots. the guys lucky to have not gotten really badly hurt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I posted last night I thought he might be headed to the DL.  Aceves has earned that no. four spot.  He's been outstanding, balks aside. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Well, it's Josh and John. and the kid named Buck;
    And then two days with a bit of luck.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Aceves has been pretty decent, and supposedly his attitude or whatever it is he had was because he feels he is a starter...........well nows his chance. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I hate losing Aceves from the bullpen, even if he does want to start. He's been so good in the pen. That's hard to replace.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Not many teams could put two guys out there like ours: Aceves and Wake have a good chance of putting us in a position to win more times than not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

I,too would choose Aceves as my fifth starter but his prescence in the pen is vital right now.I truly don't know which way I would but I have to lean towards starting him.One quick,maybe surprising note,I saw Duckworth pitch  for Pawtucket and he did a very good job and he does have major league experience,maybe worth a shot?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Dice-K to DL; Aceves in Red Sox rotation:
    [QUOTE]Well, it's Josh and John. and the kid named Buck; And then two days with a bit of luck.
    Posted by bosoxmal[/QUOTE]

John's on the DL...... Jon on the other hand is pitching quite well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I,too would choose Aceves as my fifth starter but his prescence in the pen is vital right now.I truly don't know which way I would but I have to lean towards starting him...

I agree, but right now we need both and those who wanted to narrow the choices are hidding or moving goalposts as we speak.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

This puts more on Bard to cut it consistently. Bowden is up now and has performed well in relief in AAA.
    The hope is, he can temporarilly replace Aceves in the pen.
    This is his chance as a reliever.

Bowden's opportunities to show he can stick are thinning.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]Well, it's Josh and John. and the kid named Buck; And then two days with a bit of luck.
    Posted by bosoxmal[/QUOTE]

Aceves and Wakefield are better options than Lackey and DiceK.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]I hate losing Aceves from the bullpen, even if he does want to start. He's been so good in the pen. That's hard to replace.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

I agree.  What he is currently doing for us is exactly what he did for the NYY two seasons ago.  Giving us a chance to win games that we shouldn't.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

My rain dance worked! No Wakefield!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem with Wakefield coming off the de facto DL is that he's useless in the pen and is a waste of a roster spot. Much rather see a call-up than the old fat guy waddle out and throw the goofball. Aceves is a capable 5th starter, but Wakefield is not. Last option left on Bowden, would rather see him move in the rotation and pitch 4 to 6 and change with Atchision than Wakefield! Since Wakefield is going to stay on the roster no matter how pitiful he is, I'd just as soon see him buried back in the mop bucket. Hopefully, another rainout in Game 2 against the Blacksox.

If Aceves is decent as the 5th starter, I'd love to see him stay in that role and Slackey moved to the pen. Slackey's ego and waistilne needs to be trimmed down.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]My rain dance worked! No Wakefield!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The problem with Wakefield coming off the de facto DL is that he's useless in the pen and is a waste of a roster spot. Much rather see a call-up than the old fat guy waddle out and throw the goofball. Aceves is a capable 5th starter, but Wakefield is not. Last option left on Bowden, would rather see him move in the rotation and pitch 4 to 6 and change with Atchision than Wakefield! Since Wakefield is going to stay on the roster no matter how pitiful he is, I'd just as soon see him buried back in the mop bucket. Hopefully, another rainout in Game 2 against the Blacksox. If Aceves is decent as the 5th starter, I'd love to see him stay in that role and Slackey moved to the pen. Slackey's ego and waistilne needs to be trimmed down.
    Posted by majorleague[/QUOTE]
    Bowden is a reliever now. Last year they moved him to that role. It would take him 3-4 start before he could pitch 6 innings.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

To softy, that's just a trivial detail.
    Besides, he has admitted he doesn't even watch the games.

Anyone but Wake, Jed, and Jake is his motto, and he's sticking to it all the way to an early grave.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]My rain dance worked! No Wakefield!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The problem with Wakefield coming off the de facto DL is that he's useless in the pen and is a waste of a roster spot. Much rather see a call-up than the old fat guy waddle out and throw the goofball. Aceves is a capable 5th starter, but Wakefield is not. Last option left on Bowden, would rather see him move in the rotation and pitch 4 to 6 and change with Atchision than Wakefield! Since Wakefield is going to stay on the roster no matter how pitiful he is, I'd just as soon see him buried back in the mop bucket. Hopefully, another rainout in Game 2 against the Blacksox. If Aceves is decent as the 5th starter, I'd love to see him stay in that role and Slackey moved to the pen. Slackey's ego and waistilne needs to be trimmed down.
    Posted by majorleague[/QUOTE]

Was that you? Looked more like Might joe Young tipping a few...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Maybe they'll "tandem start" Wake and Aceves. Bring Wake in for the start of the 4th inning and maybe he can get some cheap wins and pass Rogoid Clemency.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

"Clemency" - good one!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I'm actually kind of excited to see what Aceves can do in the rotation. He seems like a bit of a head case, but he definitely has the stuff.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Bowden is a reliever now. Last year they moved him to that role. It would take him 3-4 start before he could pitch 6 innings.

Pay attention, Joe. I said "with Atchison for 4 to 6 innings". Get a life.

Anyone want to submit that 5 gold gloves, voted by managers and coaches from other team, mean "nothing"? There is a delusional poster on here who continues to maintain that 5 of them mean "nothing". His pitiful defense is that he doesnt think the managers and coaches watch the games. Sound familiar;)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

I say that Slavic just admitted that "Wastefield" is on the roster to try and get some cheap wins to pass somone in the record book. What a joke!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Dice-K to DL; Aceves in Red Sox rotation:
    [QUOTE]By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff Daisuke Matsuzaka has officially been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a sprained elbow. RHP Michael Bowden was recalled from AAA Pawtucket. The new rotation: Wednesday vs. Detroit: Clay Buchholz Thursday vs. Detroit: Josh Beckett Friday vs. Chicago: Jon Lester Saturday vs. Chicago: Alfredo Aceves Sunday vs. Chicago: Tim Wakjefield
    Posted by -EdithBunker-[/QUOTE]   GREAT MOVE.... THE PITCHING JUST GOT STRONGER !!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

"Well, it's Josh and John. and the kid named Buck;
    And then two days with a bit of luck."

I like that bosoxmal; not quite the ring, and lasting power  as "Spahn and Sain and pray for rain", but good.  How about: 

"Beckett, Buch, and Lester, and pray for a Nor'Wester"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

More lies.

1) They won't do what I suggested.
    2) You know my position on Wake and intentional demean it.
    3) You are still a hater, a clown, and a pretender.

When's the last time you made a post with something new in it?