Dice-K to DL; Aceves in Red Sox rotation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Dice-K to DL; Aceves in Red Sox rotation

I'd like to see Doubrant.......and I hope Dice K just gets his rest and comes back strong.....We just need one of Lackey or Dice K to come back actually........It would be nice if Dice K could be a 500 pitcher and Lackey could just eat innings for us (assuming he could get his ERA down to 6).....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

Doubront is hurt right now or else they would have in a second. I am happy Aceves, but I also agree with prior posts about bullpen importance with him. Oh well , can't have it all. 

Right now Salty has a higher BA than Crawford. That's the next problem to tackle!! Come on CC, you are a great guy, take it out of your butt and hit it!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

Amazing how whenever one of their pitchers pitches lousy they end up with an "injury".

They should be investigated.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Haven't you said that before?  Or was that __--The-Babe----1 ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

In Response to Re: Dice-K to DL; Aceves in Red Sox rotation:
    [QUOTE]Haven't you said that before?  Or was that __--The-Babe----1 ?

Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Yes I've said it before, but that doesn't make it any less relevant.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dice-K to DL; Aceves in Red Sox rotation : Yes I've said it before, but that doesn't make it any less relevant.
    Posted by --The--Babe--1[/QUOTE]

Is Phil Hughes in the rotation?

How about Soriano? Is he in the 'pen tonight?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dice-K to DL; Aceves in Red Sox rotation : Is Phil Hughes in the rotation? How about Soriano? Is he in the 'pen tonight?

Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

Hughes had shoulder inflammation and received a cortisone shot for it. 

The red flops have a history of doing this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dice-K to DL; Aceves in Red Sox rotation : Aroldis Chapman had the same injury - Chapman's out two weeks, and Hughes is out two months.  I think he got a reality shot.

Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Sorry, didn't realize that you were a Dr that had evaluated both of their shoulders, my bad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Didn't realize you had inside info on Lackey and Dice-K not being injured either, Babe.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't realize you had inside info on Lackey and Dice-K not being injured either, Babe.   

Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

You don't find it amazing that every pitcher that pitches poorly for the sawx all of a sudden develops an "injury" and lands on the DL?

They've done it in the past with dice k and beckett, this year wheeler and jenks and now dice k and lackey.

You don't see a pattern here?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dice-K to DL; Aceves in Red Sox rotation : You don't find it amazing that every pitcher that pitches poorly for the sawx all of a sudden develops an "injury" and lands on the DL? They've done it in the past with dice k and beckett, this year wheeler and jenks and now dice k and lackey. You don't see a pattern here?
    Posted by --The--Babe--1[/QUOTE]

Why am I not surprised that you can't see the connection between pitching poorly and injury.

Soriano was pitching badly. The Yankees check him out and, surprise, surprise, he's got an "inflamed elbow".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I think they probably do make some 'creative' use of the DL.  I'm pretty sure Matsuzaka's is legit.  I really don't think they wanted to put both of them on the DL right now.  One, yes. 

I have to think a lot of teams are doing the same thing.  Why wouldn't they?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

[QUOTE]" Well, it's Josh and John. and the kid named Buck; And then two days with a bit of luck." I like that bosoxmal; not quite the ring, and lasting power  as "Spahn and Sain and pray for rain", but good.  How about:  "Beckett, Buch, and Lester, and pray for a Nor'Wester"
    Posted by piersall[/QUOTE]

...except for the fact that "Nor'Wester" usually bring clearing weather...

I actually think Acheves could be good. With any luck, they'll send Dice to the BP when it gets back, strickly in "mop up" roles of course, as he is way too inconsistent to be an effective reliever.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

When is the first time you posted something other than absurd notions that "5 gold gloves mean nothing".

Claiming that Wakefield deserves an active roster spot means that there isn't any other available in-house or outside option that is better. That is completely delusional. 

1. Wakefield deserves an active roster squat spot (delusional) 
    2. 5 Gold gloves mean nothing (delusional)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

This is like watching toast burn - time and time again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Claiming that Wakefield deserves an active roster spot means that there isn't any other available in-house or outside option that is better.

You contually miss my point. Through two alteregos you lie and deceive.
    I said,I thought Aceves was probably better than Wake, and perhaps others might prove to be as well... over a long season. My point was always about keeping as many viable options open as possible , and that meant starting the guys with options in AAA. You are so blinded by your hatred of Wake and your notion that he is and never can be a "viable option", that you distort my position, as you did last year by saying I was for having Wake start over Dice-K all year long. You knew my position was Wake in May over Dice and nothing more, but when my position proved to be right, you went on a spin campaign of lies and goalpost moving.

That is completely delusional. 

Yes, your actions have been completely delusional.

1. Wakefield deserves an active roster squat spot (delusional) 

Using your favorite method of judging pitchers: ERA and short sample sizes, Wake has the 11th best ERA on the team (Dice K was 0.10 ahead and now is on the DL, so there are actually only 10 better than Wake now.  There are 12 pitchers on the staff.

Going by WHIP, Wake is #8 out of the 17 pitchers we have used so far.

My point was always that we would likely use 17-20 pitchers this year and that anyone who is any good would get a chance to earn a meaningful role over the long season. Has anyone proven good not gotten a chance?

2. 5 Gold gloves mean nothing (delusional)

What's delusional is your claim that the same guys who voted Crawford as the Gold Glove LF'er last year, you indirectly criticize by calling CC a terrible fielding  OF'er, but these same guys, who do not come close to watching many games of most teams and none of others had merit when they voted for the popular Jeter 5 times. These are the guys who voted for a player who only played 28 games at the position that year. Hoe delusional is it to think that award has merit.

The award does mean something: popularity, recognizability, and more than his fair share of ESPN highlights due to his team's status and success.

Jeter never was a great fielder.

Jeter never was a very good fielder.

Jeter may have been barely good or above average for very brief moments in his career (I'm talking innings, not games).

In my opinion, Jeter is not, and never has been (over a full season or two stretch) even an average fielding SS. There is ample evidence to support my position. There is actually ample evidence to prove he has been one of the worst fielders at any position of all time. I never said that or believed that, but the numbers don't lie.

It's the same evidence you used to use to bash and hate on "Jake" as a poor CF'er.

Now, that is what is delusional.

Clown.

Pretender.

Basher.

Hater.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

This is like watching toast burn - time and time again.

...and what is the color when black is burned?  What is the color?"

Softy's a child, been here a while.
    He can't conceive
    of the treasure that comes with style.
    He can't understand,
    about what's fair,
    It's not much fun
    to have him here.

Jake K'd a few,
    but, he won't let him be,
    I'd like to know
    if he can learn.
    The sky is blue
    and so is the sea.
    What is the color,
    when black is burned?
    What is the color?

Thinks he's a man,
    never tries to understand.
    He picks on Wake
    over and over again.
    He makes the rules,
    and say what's fair,
    It's just no fun
    to have him here.

Jed booted a few,
    but, he won't let it be,
    I'd like to know
    if he's ever learned.
    The sky is blue
    and so is the sea.
    What is the color,
    when black is burned?
    What is the color?

Softy's a child, too long a while.
    He can't conceive
    he's been stuck in denial.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]This is like watching toast burn - time and time again. ...and what is the color when black is burned?  What is the color?" Softy's a child, been here a while. He can't conceive of the treasure that comes with style. He can't understand, about what's fair, It's not much fun to have him here. Jake K'd a few, but, he won't let him be, I'd like to know if he can learn. The sky is blue and so is the sea. What is the color, when black is burned? What is the color? Think's he's a man, never tries to understand. He picks on Wake over and over again. He makes the rules, and say what's fair, It's just no fun to have you here. Jed booted a few, but, he won't let it be, I'd like to know if he's ever learned. The sky is blue and so is the sea. What is the color, when black is burned? What is the color? Softy's a child, too long a while. He can't conceive he's been stuck in denial.

Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

LOL....I'm not a softy fan, but I have to laugh that you call him a child yet you are the one making up a song about him. That seems pretty childish.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Bellsbury's UZR and UZR150 shows what a lousy CF'er he is. I knew it in the spring of 2008, before everyone else reluctantly picked up on it.

In all that drivel, you never addressed why 5 gold gloves mean "nothing".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Loved Aceves on the Yanks as a long man. But his back wasn't able to stand up to anything more than a rare spot start. Cashman said Yanks would have signed him otherwise. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

LOL....I'm not a softy fan, but I have to laugh that you call him a child yet you are the one making up a song about him. That seems pretty childish.

I tweaked a Neil Young song.

...and yes, I am a child (at heart).

"You can't conceive of the pleasure in my smile."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

dice may be done for the year. seems way too close to the symptoms of a tommy john situation

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think Bora$$ told him to fake an injury to increase his future value.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Songs like that aren't child's play.
    If you can't comprehend Moon's meaning, come back in about 10 years...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You think the last line would have been better if...

He can't believe
    there's no treasure in denial.

Sections
Shortcuts