Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Re: Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January!

In Response to Re: Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January!:
    First, believe nothing that comes from NESN.  They get their info straight from their owners in the front office.  As in, Best Team Ever by Eric Ortiz. Second, When Dice can give us three games in a row into the seventh inning, then I'll start to believe.
    Posted by Ergoetal

IF YOU WANT HONESTY, CREDIBILITY, and IMPARTIALITY
    TUNE INTO THIS MAN

Michael Felger

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Re: Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January!

In Response to Re: Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January!:
    In Response to Re: Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January! : who else would he be working with? of course he's working with sox strength and conditioning coaches.
    Posted by Hammah29r2

Based on the strength and conditioning of recent Red Sox teams, maybe he should consider his own method?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

First, believe nothing that comes from NESN.  They get their info straight from their owners in the front office.  As in, Best Team Ever by Eric Ortiz. Second, When Dice can give us three games in a row into the seventh inning, then I'll start to believe.
    Posted by Ergoetal

Sorry but I work for NESN and you are making a personal assumption.  NESN staff don't sit behind a desk waiting for our FO to give them stories.  I'm personally involved in IT, but we have field Tech's watching everything from Dice to every player on our farm and opposing teams.  Yes, they need the FO approval to release various stories but we don't get our information from them.   

Dice has apparently been working hard since surgery to condition himself for a strong return.  Will it happen?  Who knows, but he will be throwing in January and could be ready for a few ML innings by May or June apparently.  My guess is, if there is anything left in "Dice's arm" that has seen a whole lot of innings between Japan and the Bigs, he will come back with better stuff than Lackey will ever give us.

Give me a healthy Dice over Lackey any day in the PS and I'm a happy camper so he should just take things slowly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattb5fon. Show mattb5fon's posts

i think Dice could do well this year. My thing is he now has a manager who may understand him more. I say let him throw the way he wants. Its a half year, we have nothing to lose. If he would just lose that beiber cut he was rocking....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Don't pay no mind to ErgoEtal. He is here to annoy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I like Dice and hope at the very least he can give us 2-3 solid months when we will need him most. I do not suspect he will be re-signed however, regardless of end result.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Japenese players are not liked by most Boston fans. But he has done a better job in his 2 good years than Slackey will do in his entire contract.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Forget his best 2 years... what's his median average?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

What team has made Wastefield's million dollars offer? Adam Dunn is yours for 30 million, to replace Ortiz.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I honestl think Dice-K might be much more comfortable with Valentine then he ever was undet Tito. Maybe its Valentine's experience with the Japanese culture and atmospher, but the man has to have that desire to prove everyone wrong.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

We've had a number of pitchers throw for extended periods hurt before any of us knew it. Lackey probably needed a TJ all year or maybe even more before we knew it. I remember another starter we had who pitched for half a year and then tanked and Sox fans were all over his case and then we found out he had 2 arm injuries. Matsuzaka may well have been injured for more than a year for all we know and just tried to tough it out. 

Le's hope in hundsight that he comes back strong. A healthy Matsuzaka could be huge for us at least in the 2nd half.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We've had a number of pitchers throw for extended periods hurt before any of us knew it. Lackey probably needed a TJ all year or maybe even more before we knew it. I remember another starter we had who pitched for half a year and then tanked and Sox fans were all over his case and then we found out he had 2 arm injuries. Matsuzaka may well have been injured for more than a year for all we know and just tried to tough it out. 

Le's hope in hundsight that he comes back strong. A healthy Matsuzaka could be huge for us at least in the 2nd half.

I agree boom, and I don't agree with the harness assessment on Dice-K's workout regime. 

Perhaps Bobby V might be of help, but I think that factor is minimal. Dice-K is a fighter. I don't think it would matter much who our manager is, he's going to give it his all. I'm more afraid of him trying too hard to come back early than not trying enough.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

if our team had dice k's personality and work ethic in september - we wouldnt be referencing an epic collapse all winter long...i respect that guy a ton and wish him the best and a speedy return...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Japenese players are not liked by most Boston fans. But he has done a better job in his 2 good years than Slackey will do in his entire contract.

Posted by hankwilliams

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

How is this news? He's been throwing bp since April 2009.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

How is this news? He's been throwing bp since April 2009.
    Posted by TheExaminer

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January!":
    In Response to Re: Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January! : Posted by UticaClub
    Glad you liked it pike.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

effectively next year we lose Lackey...and Gain Dice-K.  Love him or hate him that is actually a decent upgrade.  Pitchers often come back stronger from TJ better, or at least stronger, which means Lackey should too.  Either way Lackey being on the DL has it's benefits.  It reduces the AAV of his contract, opening up cap space and hopefully he will be better next year.  Anything could have been better than 2011 Lackey. 

Never thought I'd say this but I'd be happy to have DIce-K's 4.25 ERA in the back of the rotation.  Now if he can only learn to consistently pitch past the 6th.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

effectively next year we lose Lackey...and Gain Dice-K.  Love him or hate him that is actually a decent upgrade.  Pitchers often come back stronger from TJ better, or at least stronger, which means Lackey should too.  Either way Lackey being on the DL has it's benefits.  It reduces the AAV of his contract, opening up cap space and hopefully he will be better next year.  Anything could have been better than 2011 Lackey.  Never thought I'd say this but I'd be happy to have DIce-K's 4.25 ERA in the back of the rotation.  Now if he can only learn to consistently pitch past the 6th.
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh

You seem to be too level-headed and astute and that means that Burrito, Examiner, Georom, 2004Idiots, and AllibiIke will not understand or appreciate you. Back off a bit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January!":
    In Response to Re: Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January! : You seem to be too level-headed and astute and that means that Burrito, Examiner, Georom, 2004Idiots, and AllibiIke will not understand or appreciate you. Back off a bit. Posted by UticaClub
    Swing and a miss pike. I thought that about Hugh when you were still beaconhill, and even further back. If I was him, I'd be watching my back. Anyone you compliment is bound to be headed for some giant misfortune.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Not really. I have a list of about 20 forum members that are loyal, intelligent, fair, and sincere. They do not come here as contrarians, devil's advocates, pot stirrers, cynics, pessimists, and Chicken-Littles. The forum is striving for more of them since they are out numbered 10-1. I'll bet that you miss Babe and Yazzer. What a shame that he ( one person)  is gone. Surely Burrito misses Yazzer and Babe. Their routine ran its course. The forum is in dire need of more optimists, true fans, and sincere, honest posters. I doubt that it will happen since they all have come here and looked around and left. You reap what you sow and sadly the Globe Red Sox forum is now the haven of misfits.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Not really. I have a list of about 20 forum members that are loyal, intelligent, fair, and sincere. They do not come here as contrarians, devil's advocates, pot stirrers, cynics, pessimists, and Chicken-Littles. The forum is striving for more of them since they are out numbered 10-1. I'll bet that you miss Babe and Yazzer. What a shame that he ( one person)  is gone. Surely Burrito misses Yazzer and Babe. Their routine ran its course. The forum is in dire need of more optimists, true fans, and sincere, honest posters. I doubt that it will happen since they all have come here and looked around and left. You reap what you sow and sadly the Globe Red Sox forum is now the haven of misfits. Posted by UticaClub
    You miss babe? LOL.....yeah, he was true blue. Such a good poster in fact, he started a new profile every day in anticipation of being banned. Is that why YOU change names so often? Pike, you are such an unimaginable loser. Just how many times did you get your butt kicked on the playground? And yeah, burrito just loves you. That's why he saw to it you were elected poster of the year. And like Ive asked you a dozen times, if you really think this WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE? Feel free to go and leave the sinking ship to all us rats. You gripe the ship is sinking, jump off, put on a new disguise then jump back on and start griping again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In response to "Re: Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January!": You miss babe? LOL.....yeah, he was true blue. Such a good poster in fact, he started a new profile every day in anticipation of being banned. Is that why YOU change names so often? Pike, you are such an unimaginable loser. Just how many times did you get your butt kicked on the playground? And yeah, burrito just loves you. That's why he saw to it you were elected poster of the year. And like Ive asked you a dozen times, if you really think this WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE? Feel free to go and leave the sinking ship to all us rats. You gripe the ship is sinking, jump off, put on a new disguise then jump back on and start griping again.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Try reading my post once again. You apparently have a problem with comprehension. Read it over and over again slowly and you might just comprehend what I was saying. My patience is running thin with you. I am trying to be nice to you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January! : Try reading my post once again. You apparently have a problem with comprehension. Read it over and over again slowly and you might just comprehend what I was saying. My patience is running thin with you. I am trying to be nice to you. Posted by UticaClub
    LOL....yeah pike, I comprehended what you said just fine. The thing is, I just don't care, and you bite on the bait every time I dangle it. All you do is react, as usual, assuming you know whats going on (because you're too smart for anyone to set up a trap for you), and you're predictable as the sunrise. And you still refuse to acknowledge or explain your many cowardly aliases. It doesn't escape notice that you always skip those questions and focus on something stupid that doesn't matter. Sometimes we give you openings just because its funny to watch you step through and end up with a bucket on your head. Give it up. L........A.........M............E........ Does patience RUN thin or WEAR thin? Things wear thin, or run low--I've never heard of something running thin. In any event, thanks for putting up with me and being nice.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Perhaps Velentine in the mix factors into the possibility of going after Yu Darvish? The posting fee does not factor into payroll, so he could possibly sign on at a price that would be reasonable to the payroll.  Hopefully, Dicey K will come back with an axe to grind.
    Posted by Karlosantonylimtiaco

outwardly they say they are not in on yu,
       i hope they are in.

Sections
Shortcuts