Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January!

I miss Rutland76 ... can you be him again just for one day pike?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Re: Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January!

Dicey-K is anxious to pitch for Valentine.   After the games, they can go to the hundreds of Japanese restaurants in the area and pig out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January!:
    effectively next year we lose Lackey...and Gain Dice-K.  Love him or hate him that is actually a decent upgrade. Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh

Agreed. Dice-K has heart which is something that Lackey is missing. Adding any pitcher while subtracting Lackey is a definite gain for the Sox.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Dice K up in NH looking trim and ready to start throwing in the BP in January!:
    effectively next year we lose Lackey...and Gain Dice-K.  Love him or hate him that is actually a decent upgrade.  Pitchers often come back stronger from TJ better, or at least stronger, which means Lackey should too.  Either way Lackey being on the DL has it's benefits.  It reduces the AAV of his contract, opening up cap space and hopefully he will be better next year.  Anything could have been better than 2011 Lackey.  Never thought I'd say this but I'd be happy to have DIce-K's 4.25 ERA in the back of the rotation.  Now if he can only learn to consistently pitch past the 6th.
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh

Hugh, it is yet to be seen how soon Dice will be back.  Original projections, best case scenario, were for June earliest.  so, its not like we can just plug him back into our rotation projections.  Tommy John aint what it was, but it is still serious surgery.  Great sign that he is fit, throwing, and raring to go.  but, he may not be back til midsummer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bballfan99. Show bballfan99's posts

trade him!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bballfan99. Show bballfan99's posts

trade him!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I thought I read somewhere that June 1st was the projected...and not the best case scenario timeline.

That would seem plausible if he is throwing now. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I thought I read somewhere that June 1st was the projected...and not the best case scenario timeline. That would seem plausible if he is throwing now. 

That would be great.  i am jazzed to see what he can do under Valentine.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Okay, here's some food for thought. In Japan when a pitcher doesn't have it in the first 2-3 batters, it being control, they start somebody warming up. No disrespect to anybody, the starting pitcher knows his window for control is limited. 

DK arrives here and his manager, a players manager, allows him to pitch 5-6 innings not matter what his control is like. 

Bobby V won't be like that. DK, knows that and will pitch much better.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Okay, here's some food for thought. In Japan when a pitcher doesn't have it in the first 2-3 batters, it being control, they start somebody warming up. No disrespect to anybody, the starting pitcher knows his window for control is limited.  DK arrives here and his manager, a players manager, allows him to pitch 5-6 innings not matter what his control is like.  Bobby V won't be like that. DK, knows that and will pitch much better.  
    Posted by proftom

I'll buy that.  I hate "conventional wisdom", especially when it's applied to exceptional cases.   Like in 2000 when Nomar was hitting .372 on his way to his 2nd batting title and some people STILL complained that he swung at too many first pitches BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT.  Of course, he hit .432 on the first pitch that year....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

It would be a pleasant surprise if Dice-K could replicate his first season in Boston for his last, definitely a boost to the rotation...and the bullpen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

It would be a pleasant surprise if Dice-K could replicate his first season in Boston for his last, definitely a boost to the rotation...and the bullpen.

Ha.  Hugh, I love me some Daisuke.  But, even at his best, he always taxed the bullpen.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

if he doesnt rush  himself back  he is playing for a contract so i htink he will have a good  season when ever he gets back

Sections
Shortcuts