Dice-K.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero. Show bosoxhero's posts

Dice-K.

Is anybody expecting a good half year out of Dice-K when he comes back from surgery.If yes,would you think about resigning him to a contract.Everybody needs pitching and Bobby Valentine is supposed to be good with Japanese pitchers.i feel he had a good season when he first got here.I feel he can do it again.he would make a good fifth starter.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Dice-K.

THE DICE-MAN IS DONE !!!!  (AS A RED SOX)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Forget it it. He takes agoniozingly long to come back from injuries and is a Boras guy who is working on his next contract. As far as an extension forget it. Typically 130 pitches and cannot make it to the 6th inning. He has always been a strain on the bullpen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

My guess is that Boras is pushing and wanting Dice-K to come back and come back strong.  His next contract depends on it.  My guess is that the RS will wash their hands but someone will pick him up as long as he shows them something.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We may get 10-14 starts from Dice-K. My guess is that his first 4 will be shaky, and if we are lucky, we can get 6-10 good starts from him when it counts (Aug-Sept). The biggest plus will be that he may allow Bard or Aceves to return to the pen before they burn out with too many IP as starters.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I agree with Bill and AL---I don't believe Boras will have Dice try to come back in 2012--I think he will convice Dice he can get him a better contract if he doesn't rush back and has a personal Exhibition as someone mentioned at another site about Oswalt. Have a private showing and you will get more than 8 for more than one year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

He's had a bionic arm installed in place of his old one.

Now we will see the gyroball for real.

...or maybe not....they only paid $6 million for Lee Majors. With inflation , Daisuke has cost us much more. And Lee Majors had a better overall record!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

sorry to say but I am still not ready to throw in the towel about the Dice man. If anybody in here doesn't think that Bobby V isn't getting reports about his progress then I got a bridge to see you in brooklyn for cheap money. People just simply forget that Bobby managed in japan for 4 years, won a championship and speaks fluent japanese. just that last fact is hugh when you considered that tito had to use an interprater to talk to diceK.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I wonder if Matsuzaka can also write in Haiku?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Anything we get from Dice-is gravy.  It is a bit cynical to assume Boras will convince Dice-K NOT to compete in 2012.  Dice-K is a competitor, has pride in what he does, and wants to fulfill his contract.  He will come back to pitch in 2012, of that I am almost certain.  Moon has it about right, and that would be very useful for this team...6-10 good starts down the Aug/Sept stretch drive.  Just what was missing in 2011.  Let's hope the Sox are still in the hunt by August.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In Response to Re: Dice-K.:
    sorry to say but I am still not ready to throw in the towel about the Dice man. If anybody in here doesn't think that Bobby V isn't getting reports about his progress then I got a bridge to see you in brooklyn for cheap money. People just simply forget that Bobby managed in japan for 4 years, won a championship and speaks fluent japanese. just that last fact is hugh when you considered that tito had to use an interprater to talk to diceK.
    Posted by Hammah29r2

IMHO, Dice K  could be a lot of help and if handled right, he might even pan out to what was expected of him when he was signed originally. Remember The Red Sox, and Francona and Farrell in particular, forced him to change his regimen and he regressed each year under their tutelage. Hopefully Bobby V will allow him to train the way he trained when he was in Japan, and see what happens.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

In Response to Re: Dice-K. : IMHO, Dice K  could be a lot of help and if handled right, he might even pan out to what was expected of him when he was signed originally. Remember The Red Sox, and Francona and Farrell in particular, forced him to change his regimen and he regressed each year under their tutelage. Hopefully Bobby V will allow him to train the way he trained when he was in Japan, and see what happens.
    Posted by BOSOX1941

My sentiments, exactly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Unless they are on the active roster, then I wouldn't assume anything.

It's in Dice-Ks best interest to return to the team this season if at all possible.  If he comes back and has a decent 1/2 year, he'll fetch a good deal in free agency.  If he doesn't pitch this year, he's looking at a 1 year deal for short money.

Nobody is going to offer Dice-K decent money if he doesn't pitch in 2012.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

My guess is that Boras is pushing and wanting Dice-K to come back and come back strong.  His next contract depends on it.  My guess is that the RS will wash their hands but someone will pick him up as long as he shows them something.
    Posted by never1954

Agree with you.   I am really looking forward to having Dice-K back and hope that he is helpful to the Red Sox when he returns.  If he has a good season someone will sign him.   Even if we don't resign him, it would be great for him to have a winning season for the Red Sox, even if he can't pitch many games. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: Dice-K. : IMHO, Dice K  could be a lot of help and if handled right, he might even pan out to what was expected of him when he was signed originally. Remember The Red Sox, and Francona and Farrell in particular, forced him to change his regimen and he regressed each year under their tutelage. Hopefully Bobby V will allow him to train the way he trained when he was in Japan, and see what happens.
    Posted by BOSOX1941

I can't believe I'm saying this Bosox but I totally agree with you. Just the fact that Bobby V speaks Japanese is a major plus in dealing with dice k.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

1) He had two excellent seasons for the Sox, particularly given they were his first two in MLB;
    2) He then had 3 injury-wracked, poor seasons culminating in TJ;
    3) I feel certain he will pitch if he feels able in 2012 regardless of what his agent thinks - and I'm not sure Boras would want him to hide his ability if he was able - because he seems an honourable man that will want to prove himself;
    4) I think there is every chance he'll recover well enough to pitch in 2012 and, if so, I expect him to be more effective than all the rest bar the top 3 and maybe Bard....but definitely more effective than Bard once Bard exceeds 150-160 innings due to being fatigued or being shut down.

I hope I'm right, but wouldn't bet the season on it. But it's a nice option to have waiting for us.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

My guess is he comes back and piches quite well, maybe even very good; however it will be his last season on the team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Forget it it. He takes agoniozingly long to come back from injuries and is a Boras guy who is working on his next contract. As far as an extension forget it. Typically 130 pitches and cannot make it to the 6th inning. He has always been a strain on the bullpen.
    Posted by AL34

If he is going to take his time, he isnt going to find a long term contract.  His contract will be just like Wang's.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

First,  it is in Boras and Matsuzaka's best interest to get Daisuke back pitching as quickly as possible.  Nobody is offering him a lucrative contract if he can't prove he is healthy and capable of good pitching.

Second, I put my faith in the convergence of contract year and Bobby Valentine.  Dice will be pitching for his career, and, luckily, will have a guy who not only speaks his language literally, but speaks the language of Japanese pitchers:  something Tito and Farrell never cracked.  I see good things happening from the Dice Man this summer.  And, judging from the way the off-season is shaking out, not a moment too soon.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I wonder if Matsuzaka can also write in Haiku?
    Posted by UticaClub

Not on your level, man.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

PLEASE!  Don't even go there!

Let's pray the Sox have turned the page on this guy!

I agree that Boras holds him back!  WISELY!  As any appearances with the Sox would hurt his next contract.  Keep pretending it was all due to an 'injury,' & let some other team pick up our nightmare!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Dice-K will be back
    You hope his stuff will not lack
    Or expect some flack

Sections
Shortcuts