DiceK Getting Close - Are you kidding me?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

DiceK Getting Close - Are you kidding me?

This is comical. Read below on DiceK and Bobby V's comment (highlighted):

Daisuke Matsuzaka, on the 15-day DL with a right upper trapezius strain, made his second rehab start with Triple A Pawtucket Sunday vs. Lehigh Valley, and gave up four runs (one earned) on five hits and a walk.

He struck out three over three innings and threw 75 pitches (49 strikes).

“The first two innings, he threw the ball better than he has,’’ Valentine said. “But when an error was made behind him and a couple of guys got on base, he lost a little bit of his command.”

“But Arnie [ Beyeler, the PawSox manager] thought it was the best he’d seen him so far,’’ Valentine added. “The second inning wasn’t what they were hoping for, but his first inning was terrific. He’s getting close to helping us.’’

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

Re: DiceK Getting Close - Are you kidding me?

Well Arnie Beyeler had a closer view of the effort than you do or were you there?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: DiceK Getting Close - Are you kidding me?:
    [QUOTE]DiceK had 2 excellent years in his contract, one which was a major role in in a division title, world title and 6 playoff wins in 2008. He did not receive the posting fee, and has been paid less than the real comic relief, Tim Wakefield.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

He makes Ells looks like an Iron man.

over 20 million over the past 2 years for 3 wins.

I agree with you my friend that before he turned into a goldbricker that he was decent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]DiceK had 2 excellent years in his contract, one which was a major role in in a division title, world title and 6 playoff wins in 2008. He did not receive the posting fee, and has been paid less than the real comic relief, Tim Wakefield.

Also this is a lie. 

You're getting even more creepy and troll like than usual as of late.  I am gonna start calling you lil' pike.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Dice K is a joke and doesn't deserve any more chances in the rotation. Biggest waste of resources ( 101 million ) that I can remember. The whole thing has been a complete fiasco & bitten the Red Sox in the a*s. With his contract expiring at the end of the season, it is quite clear he will not be re-signed. Let another team be foolish and overpay for him. There are lots of pitchers out there that will give 5 innings, 110 pitches, 6 or 7 walks per game at a much less price.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]The Boston Red Sox have paid: $55,845,000 to Tim Wakefield At the end of his final contract year, the Boston Red Sox have paid $52,000,000 to DiceK 55 is greater than 52 DiceK did not receive the posting fee

Oh...you mean his entire career.

So wakefield was paid 55 miliion for 186 wins while Dice was paid 52 million for 49 wins.  You really made a strong point there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]He makes Ells looks like an Iron man. over 20 million over the past 2 years for 3 wins Actually, you have it backwards. Ellsbrick makes DiceK look like an iron man with great value: over 2 million per stolen base, not wins, over the last year

I brought up 2 years.  3 wins over the last 2 years.  You can figure out what Ells gets paid per stolen base over the past 2 years yourself if you feel like it.

Dice has been on the DL way more than Ells over the past two years. And he has collected 20 million.  For three wins.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

I would prefer a SP who wants to succeed as opposed to one who doesn't care.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Biggest waste of resources ( 101 million ) that I can remember. The whole thing has been a complete fiasco & bitten the Red Sox in the a*s.   Actually, Ellsbrick and Crawford at 30 million a year, and John Slackey at 5 years and 82 million has been a complete fiasco. Dicek's annual costs were about the same as Slackey's. The big difference is that DiceK was 4th in ROY voting and won 15 games for the last Red Sox division and world title team. The following year, DiceK was 3rd in the Cy Young voting and won 18 games with a 2.9 ERA on a team that won 6 playoff games. Contrast that to Ellsbrick and Crawford and Slackey, who have never been starting players on anything but loser Red Sox teams. 

For the past four years dice has been paid around 40 million and has won 16 games and has an ERA around 5.50  He has averaged 12 starts a year.

In the past 4 years Ells has been paid around 13 million.

You seem to have a credibility problem of sorts when it comes to money and value.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Well, he is just coming back to be a mop up bullpen long reliever guy!!!  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Well, he is just coming back to be a mop up bullpen long reliever guy!!!  
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

Maybe in September.  He isn't better than anyone on the roster at this point.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]For the past four years dice has been paid around 40 million and has won 16 games and has an ERA around 5.50  He has averaged 12 starts a year. In the past 4 years Ells has been paid around 13 million. You seem to have a credibility problem of sorts when it comes to money and value. For the past 5 years, DiceK has 49 wins, 15 wins on the last division and world title team, 33 wins on teams that won 18 playoff games, 3 playoff wins on teams that won a world title and division.  In the past 4 years, Ellsbrick has been paid around 13 million for teams that have won no division, no world titles, and have been mired in clubhouse controversy. You seem to have a crediblity problem of sorts when it comes to money and value and fit in constructing rosters that win. 

I already said Dice was valuable in the first two years.  Is that your entire point?  If so then we agree. 

So please explain what Dice K has done over the last 4 years to help the team win for his 40 million, and then explain why Ells at fault for the team not winning over the last 4 years for his 13 million.

Thank you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Are these responses to the OP or thread title?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Are these responses to the OP or thread title?
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

Is this one?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]So wakefield was paid 55 miliion for 186 wins while Dice was paid 52 million for 49 wins.  You really made a strong point there. Wakefield was paid 55 million for zero WS wins. DiceK was paid 52 millon for 1 WS win on a championship team. Not that wins is an accurate measure of pitching performance, as you well know.

I really don't care whether Wakefield or Dice K was of more value back in 2007.

It has nothing to do with anything.

Wakefield is done and rightfully so while Dice K has pitched an average of 12 starts a year over the past 4 at 10 million per year.

Dice K has been horrible for four years.  Dice K was good his first two.

Cool.  That's settled.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Anytime a MLBPA member has good years on teams that win a division, a world title and 18 playoff games during 1/3 of a CBA FA contract, that's about as good as any GM can possible do with his hiring practices.  

Cool enough.  I don't hate Dice K.  Just was trying to get you to own up on some favoritism that you employ.  Can't blame me for trying.

I employ it too at times.  I still can't accept that Reddick is as good as he is.  Can't stand him and I don't know why.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

If Papelbon had stayed and we didn't need Bailey then I would have penciled in Reddick to be our RF. I was high on him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]If Papelbon had stayed and we didn't need Bailey then I would have penciled in Reddick to be our RF. I was high on him.
    Posted by Fenwayjimy[/QUOTE]

So, you were willing to cough up over 50 million to Papelbon, so we could keep Redddick?

That's a head scratcher...

Sections
Shortcuts