Did anybody catch REMY on D&C this morning 3/28?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Did anybody catch REMY on D&C this morning 3/28?

The worst think Jerry did, as far as we KNOW, was be an absentee father.

He STILL isn't trying to fix that glaring, fixable issue. Of course we'd all rather bury our heads in the sand (work) and ignore all our personal problems...but being a man is standing up, accepting it, and making real strides to fix it. 

Jerry should have been there a long time ago, not just some faceless checkbook. 3 broken children raised by him and his wife. 3. And his priority is staying the "Voice of the Red Sox". It's fairly disgraceful. Being "Remdog" seems to be more important than being "Dad" ever was.

Yes, Jerry, you "have a right to make a living" as you so eloquently put it. Well, those kids never asked to be born, and they damn well deserved a present father, which you NEVER were.

Jared was born in 1979 and Jerry retired in 1986. By 1988 he was the color commentator for the Sox, possibly sooner. His son was 7 when he retired, 9 when he was full-on into broadcasting. I don't think 7 year old Jared had a steroid problem and an issue with beating his girlfriends. He probably had an anger problem that resulted from not having a father around. And when he was around...I seriously wonder what kind of influence he was. Jerry, by his own addmission was "not a nice man". Pretty vague, but I tend to think he meant he was at least verbally ruthless, if not ever physical.

From wiki:

Remy and his wife Phoebe have three children, Jared, Jordan, and Jenna.[7] Jared worked for the Red Sox as a security guard, but was fired in 2008 after another guard told State Police that Jared had sold him steroids.[8] On August 16, 2013, Jared was arrested in the fatal stabbing of his girlfriend, Jennifer Martel.[9][10] Jordan was selected by the Red Sox in the 49th Round of the 1999 MLB Draft.[11] In 2010 he was charged with indecent assault and battery.[12] Jenna was arrested on July 25, 2013 for disorderly conduct, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, resisting arrest, wanton malicious defacement, and misdemeanor breaking and entering after she broke into her ex-boyfriend's home

Raising those three children points at least some of the blame SQUARELY at both parents. And we all know this list is far from the entire criminal history of the Remys.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to slasher9's comment:

In response to Ergoetal's comment:

How about asking what the Remys said to dissuade Jennifer from going to the cops the nght before she was killed?

if this is true...Remy should NOT be part of NESN/Red Sox organization going forward....

It is not true, at least according to Remy.

It IS true, according to the girl who called BACK, at noon, and was very emotional in basically calling Jerry a liar. She called in response to what Jerry was saying, feeling she had to respond. 

Jerry has a reason, many in fact, to lie...reasons for the roommate to lie are present, but VERY thin and all amount to payback of some sort.

I guess Jerry figures there is no way to cross examine Jennifer, so he will deny this accusation forever.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to slasher9's comment:

In response to Ergoetal's comment:

How about asking what the Remys said to dissuade Jennifer from going to the cops the nght before she was killed?

if this is true...Remy should NOT be part of NESN/Red Sox organization going forward....

It is not true, at least according to Remy.

It IS true, according to the girl who called BACK, at noon, and was very emotional in basically calling Jerry a liar. She called in response to what Jerry was saying, feeling she had to respond. 

Jerry has a reason, many in fact, to lie...reasons for the roommate to lie are present, but VERY thin and all amount to payback of some sort.

I guess Jerry figures there is no way to cross examine Jennifer, so he will deny this accusation forever.

Even worse...and I didn't mention this earlier...when presented with what Jennifer said, Remys response? "Consider the source." No REMY has ANY RIGHT to say that about ANYONE else. Such a callous response was truly deplorable.

For someone professing to be so contrite and sad...Jerry is getting awfully combative. I would truly be surprised if he called in to ANY show again before this is all over with. He just looks terrible. Also, he has opened himself up to civil litigation with his admissions.

Jennifer witnessed Jared stabbing her friend...Jerry ought to have some sympathy and not attack her character.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABQDan. Show ABQDan's posts

Being an absentee father is FAR from the worst thing Jerry Remy did.  He enabled a violent felon and murderer.  Financially and emotionally. 

A lot of the posts here ignore a very basic tenet of violence: you DO involve police, and there is no such thing as 'trying to handle it yourself.'

That is not just very outdated thinking, it is in direct opposition to the law. 

You report crimes when you are aware of them.  Failing to do so can, in some instances, be a crime itself.  At the very least, it protects the perpetrator and places the victim at greater risk.  THAT'S WHY IT IS THIS WAY.

I hope those of you reading will contemplate at least one thing: when you see domestic violence, you involve the police.  Period.  It's a violent crime.

As good citizens, we report violent crimes.

Don't we?

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I guess my comments about teaching and empowering our daughters is now controversial?  Unbelievable!  God forbid we should all try to learn something from this tragedy?!?!?!?

One would think that the progressive thinking BDC would be all about raising strong & independant young women?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

I guess my comments about teaching and empowering our daughters is now controversial?  Unbelievable!  God forbid we should all try to learn something from this tragedy?!?!?!?

One would think that the progressive thinking BDC would be all about raising strong & independant young women?

it is amazing that non confrontational remarks get deleted. Post it again, I missed it.  I actually thought they were my comments which got zapped.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I have to wonder why someone would report something about using this tragedy as a cautionary tale for our daughters to NEVER  accept this criminal behavior from a man!

I just don't get some people!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

it is amazing that non confrontational remarks get deleted. Post it again, I missed it.  I actually thought they were my comments which got zapped.

It was obviously too nuanced and thoughtful for BDC & some of the small minded on this board!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

I have to wonder why someone would report something about using this tragedy as a cautionary tale for our daughters to NEVER  accept this criminal behavior from a man!

I just don't get some people!

I hope something good like what you just posted comes out of this incident. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

Amazing though.  With all good questions they talked about before getting him on the phone, way too many slipped through the cracks.  Especially, "exactly what help did he get along the way?  Did he ever get intensive help for his anger problems?  Where?  What was done?  Was there any unreported violence during the 'down' years when he was not being arrested for some form of violence??"

Anyway......  No doubt they enabled him!  Still, I have a hard time absolutely condemning Jerry, & saying he should be fired.  I do think they tried to protect this girl the best they knew how.  They should have found a way to move her far away!  Hidden her!  They naive at best.

I heard Remy say that he is paying for Jared's defense for MURDER.  That is very telling about his priorities.  I think that his most prominent concern has been keeping his son's crimes out of the way of his public image.  I also heard him call [ Jennifer Martel's friend] Kristina Hill's statement that Jerry & his wife begged Jennifer not to request a restraining order the night before she was murdered "nonsense".  In a follow-up interview, Hill stood by her statement, emphasized that she had nothing to gain by speaking untruths and desired no witch hunt against the Remys.  All of this suggests to me that Remy's top priority is his own self interest.  I don't think he belongs on NESN.  I think he should provide financial help to his grand daughter and devote time to a domestic violence program.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

In response to ABQDan's comment:

Being an absentee father is FAR from the worst thing Jerry Remy did.  He enabled a violent felon and murderer.  Financially and emotionally. 

A lot of the posts here ignore a very basic tenet of violence: you DO involve police, and there is no such thing as 'trying to handle it yourself.'

That is not just very outdated thinking, it is in direct opposition to the law. 

You report crimes when you are aware of them.  Failing to do so can, in some instances, be a crime itself.  At the very least, it protects the perpetrator and places the victim at greater risk.  THAT'S WHY IT IS THIS WAY.

I hope those of you reading will contemplate at least one thing: when you see domestic violence, you involve the police.  Period.  It's a violent crime.

As good citizens, we report violent crimes.

Don't we?

Very well said, Dan, I totally agree.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Remy should not have to answer for a murder charge committed by his adult son...sorry...and as a parent he did what all of us wouldve done if we had the means...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

Remy should not have to answer for a murder charge committed by his adult son...sorry...and as a parent he did what all of us wouldve done if we had the means...

Ratings will be the end factor.  That and his weei interviews where he is attacking the neighbor who intervened while his jarod was in the act of murder.  Even Jerry's most active supporter, Gerry Callahan, has taken a new look at Jerry Remy since last Friday's interview.

Sections
Shortcuts