Did anyone catch this after the walkoff ??

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from diane39. Show diane39's posts

Re: Did anyone catch this after the walkoff ??

Yup...I'm pretty sure the rest of the guys knew he had the shirt on under his uniform. I've never seen them rip a guy's shirt off like that after a win Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

the front said boston strong

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

I can hear the prudes gasping now

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Emp, yeah, as soon as i saw that, I was looking forward to the Morality Police having a field day on the board today.  Alas, no such fun.         Pollyanna Pinkhat Left/Soc/Rad/Moonbat 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I don't think he's as famous as Funk.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

All that shows me is that Ortiz has a lot less class than I thought he had.

"There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why.....I dream of things that never were and ask why not?"- Robert Kennedy

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

"There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why.....I dream of things that never were and ask why not?"- Robert Kennedy

It was a Boston Strong shirt. You don't know who else on the team was wearing one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think theres a lot more to worry about in this world than what that t-shirt says. What it represents is HUGE. Some people really need to get over it and stop being a sensitive sally. Look past the word and into the meaning.

If you think papi is classless because of this, without knowing him at all, then I would ask you to look into the mirror. When you get done, let me know how perfect you areWink

By the way, where can I get one?Tongue Out #BostonStrong

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Agreed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Don't consider myself a prude, or a member of the moral police, but the f bomb is now so over-used that it says more about the limited vocabulary and imagination and wit of the user than about anything else, and that goes for the use of the word "sucks" too. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I have enough class ( and mostly brains) to not use the F-bomb when children are present. I do however include the word in my vocabulary on occassion. Not with starngers, ladies or children present.

This is twice for Ortiz, once verbally, and now in print. Before a packed house where kids, ladies and grandmas are in attendance.

I have no problem with Ortiz using every filthy word he knows in clubhouse with his mates....but censorship didn't catch it the first time, and  some T-shirt printers feel it's a great little slogan for the back of their shirt....not so cleverly disguised with ** in the middle.

Does Mr. Ortiz not understand that baseball is a sport enjoyed by families?...back years ago when I was a kid I would watch many games with my grandmother ( long since passed away)...I would have been embarassed if my grandmother was watching when Ortiz uttered his now famous "this is our $%#*ing city" phrase. But now it is being made a joke , a slogan, and  a selling tool.

Men with class like Bobby Orr or Carl Yastrzemski never would have spoke like this in public....or purposel tore off a shirt after a big moment to reveal a stupid @ss slogan like that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Times have changed. Sorry if some have issues accepting that. It is what it is. I respect all the opinions, but disagree with some.

Personally, Im not going to pass judgements about being "classless" because of this one small part of this guys life. Doesnt make sense to me. I dont think he set out at the start of the night to hit a WO HR and have his shirt ripped off and taken away. Sorry, not a big deal to me. Like I said though. I respect others views on it whether I agree or not.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I have enough class ( and mostly brains) to not use the F-bomb when children are present. I do however include the word in my vocabulary on occassion. Not with starngers, ladies or children present.

This is twice for Ortiz, once verbally, and now in print. Before a packed house where kids, ladies and grandmas are in attendance.

I have no problem with Ortiz using every filthy word he knows in clubhouse with his mates....but censorship didn't catch it the first time, and  some T-shirt printers feel it's a great little slogan for the back of their shirt....not so cleverly disguised with ** in the middle.

Does Mr. Ortiz not understand that baseball is a sport enjoyed by families?...back years ago when I was a kid I would watch many games with my grandmother ( long since passed away)...I would have been embarassed if my grandmother was watching when Ortiz uttered his now famous "this is our $%#*ing city" phrase. But now it is being made a joke , a slogan, and  a selling tool.

Men with class like Bobby Orr or Carl Yastrzemski never would have spoke like this in public....or purposel tore off a shirt after a big moment to reveal a stupid @ss slogan like that.

Thanks for standing up for grandmothers! Has our society become so crass that words like these are part of our every day vocabulary.  Are we so illiterate that we can't find another way to express ourselves.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

Don't consider myself a prude, or a member of the moral police, but the f bomb is now so over-used that it says more about the limited vocabulary and imagination and wit of the user than about anything else, and that goes for the use of the word "sucks" too. 

Well said.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I'm more offended by impure actions than words. I can think of several words I find far more offensive than the f-bomb.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

more importantly...did you all catch the on field interview with him?

"did you have extra incentive after pedroia was intentionally walked"

Ortiz:  "You know Papi"

and then walked away.

it was perfect!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

more importantly...did you all catch the on field interview with him?

"did you have extra incentive after pedroia was intentionally walked"

Ortiz:  "You know Papi"

and then walked away.

it was perfect!!!!

The man has reached Boston Icon status with me

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Personally, I appreciate the way Papi has always balanced being an icon/role model and being a little too off-color for prime time.  Just right for Red Sox history.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Classless ?? They pulled the shirt off after the HR he did not pull it off. So it was not meant to be seen on the field. 

By extrapolation that would mean EVERY shirt that we see out and about with letters block red or rearranged etc... Is classless.  What the frack. is classless, NYY suks is classless. Etc...

any kid over 10 in today's society knows what the word is and means. Also as the op stated most never caught the shirts writing 

Love the Red Sox and enjoy the ride every year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Classless ?? They pulled the shirt off after the HR he did not pull it off. So it was not meant to be seen on the field. 

By extrapolation that would mean EVERY shirt that we see out and about with letters block red or rearranged etc... Is classless.  What the frack. is classless, NYY suks is classless. Etc...

any kid over 10 in today's society knows what the word is and means. Also as the op stated most never caught the shirts writing 

EXACTLY, JIM.

WHO DO YOU THINK WE LEARNED IT FROM?SealedTongue Out

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

EXACTLY, JIM.

WHO DO YOU THINK WE LEARNED IT FROM?SealedTongue Out

not to mention all of those f-bomb laden pressers from Josh Beckett over the years Tongue Out 

Sections
Shortcuts