Did anyone catch this after the walkoff ??

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Did anyone catch this after the walkoff ??

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

Awesome. Is that my punishment? 

That tells me all I need to know about you. It is clear you don't like to hear the truth. Where did I drop the f-bomb? I don't think it's allowed on this site, I believe it's a blocked word. 

There's a cool George Carlin video you should see...I'll try to share it tomorrow. 

The Seven Words You Can't Say On Television? It's an all-time classic!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Why is it that anytime there is a back and forth for any reason people bring up priests.  I have had that discussion a number of time in this forum.  I think you are reaching.  You are bringing up something that has nothing to do with a smut and violence filled society as a reason things were not so great in the fifties. 

It's brought up when your generation is painted as all butterflies and roses. It wasn't. Period.

You obviously have an issue with my generation.  Bringing up priests is beyond a reach.

I don't know why you have issues with my generation, maybe problems with your parents, but I really don't care.  I hope you are able to come to terms with your problem because I know I can't help you with it.

Actually you don't know anything about Msobs or her relationship with her parents so your comment says a lot about you. Why do assume because she is strong and confident..and not caught up in puritan ideals that she has issues with her parents..?

I don't have an issue with your generation..but I will say this. In those days everything was buried. The priest issue is a valid example. It's not that "these things" weren't happening..it's that "these things" weren't discussed or dealt with and the victims were forced to live with the shame and confusion of what happened. Every generation has its faults. My grandfather died a few years ago at the age of 95. He was known for his temper and could string together a line of curses that the family still jokes about to this day. This is not how he was defined however. He was a combat veteran, a hard worker , a loving father, husband and grandfather. He was an amazing man.  People swear. It's not the end of the world. Ortiz used one curse word in a speech..said in anger and resolve that most of us felt after the marathon bombings. That anyone can find fault with this is simply petty and beyond me.

well said.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

[QUOTE]

Awesome. Is that my punishment? 

That tells me all I need to know about you. It is clear you don't like to hear the truth. Where did I drop the f-bomb? I don't think it's allowed on this site, I believe it's a blocked word. 

There's a cool George Carlin video you should see...I'll try to share it tomorrow. 

The Seven Words You Can't Say On Television? It's an all-time classic!

[/QUOTE]

Carlin at Carnegie...Hilarious.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

What I find funny about this thread, other than some of the holier than thou attitudes, is that papi never said a "bad word", he didnt even wear a shirt that said a bad word. He wore a shirt that SUGGESTED a bad word.

If I was a parent and actually had my kid at a night game on a school night, I think thats worse that a shirt that suggested a "bad word".

Seriously, I cant believe this thread grew these enormous legs because a few people were so unbelieveably offended at a shirt that didnt say anything. Get over it and move on. welcome to 2013.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

What I find funny about this thread, other than some of the holier than thou attitudes, is that papi never said a "bad word", he didnt even wear a shirt that said a bad word. He wore a shirt that SUGGESTED a bad word.

If I was a parent and actually had my kid at a night game on a school night, I think thats worse that a shirt that suggested a "bad word".

Seriously, I cant believe this thread grew these enormous legs because a few people were so unbelieveably offended at a shirt that didnt say anything. Get over it and move on. welcome to 2013.

It's not funny but actually pretty sad that some people seem to be more upset by this one word than they are about the bombings. If we're going to get angry, let's not be angry at David Ortiz for uttering a "bad word" in an emotional moment or inadvertantly revealing the suggestion of one. Any anger that I feel here is directed at those who seek to harm others for thier own dubious purposes, whatever thier beliefs.   

Oooo, daddy, he said a swear word.

If I had said that to my father at a ball game, his reaction would probably have been to laugh and say something like ..."Big f***ing deal."

Get over yourselves and leave Papi alone about this.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I would feel better about it, and have a renewed sense of respect for Ortiz if he would actually apologize for his use of a curse word over a ballpark PA system. Can someone tell me, has Ortiz ever felt bad about it, or apologized to those who might be offended? ( not me, I am not offended , I am just standing up for those who might not want to hear this language ...they do have that right, don't they?)

I once slipped and uttered the word "goddamn" in front of a priest, who I consider a friend. I immediatly felt bad and apoloized right away....I know the word, so does he,....it doesn't make it right to use it just because we both know it exists. Just like knowing that cops participate in illegal gambling , but out of respect to the officer, you should never do it front of him. If the officer knows you well , he likely won't do anything, but you should respect him....that what this whole thread is about....RESPECT FOR OTHERS.

"There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why.....I dream of things that never were and ask why not?"- Robert Kennedy

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

i respect ortiz for using the perfect word at the perfect time. 

Agreed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

I would feel better about it, and have a renewed sense of respect for Ortiz if he would actually apologize for his use of a curse word over a ballpark PA system. Can someone tell me, has Ortiz ever felt bad about it, or apologized to those who might be offended? ( not me, I am not offended , I am just standing up for those who might not want to hear this language ...they do have that right, don't they?)

I once slipped and uttered the word "goddamn" in front of a priest, who I consider a friend. I immediatly felt bad and apoloized right away....I know the word, so does he,....it doesn't make it right to use it just because we both know it exists. Just like knowing that cops participate in illegal gambling , but out of respect to the officer, you should never do it front of him. If the officer knows you well , he likely won't do anything, but you should respect him....that what this whole thread is about....RESPECT FOR OTHERS.

"There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why.....I dream of things that never were and ask why not?"- Robert Kennedy

Well said, thanks.

Interesting, the mods keep deleting the picture, I guess they agree it's in poor taste.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

I guess that's what they mean by inside joke.

-Daf.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

wow. i didn't realize so many people were this uptight. like SP said:

"What I find funny about this thread, other than some of the holier than thou attitudes, is that papi never said a "bad word", he didnt even wear a shirt that said a bad word. He wore a shirt that SUGGESTED a bad word.

Seriously, I cant believe this thread grew these enormous legs because a few people were so unbelieveably offended at a shirt that didnt say anything. Get over it and move on. welcome to 2013."

he is exactly right. some people are making a serious mountain out of a molehill. especially 67 who is so eager to put down my generation (i am 20) while being hyprcritical about the dirty laundry of his own.

are times different today than they were 3-4 decades ago? absolutely, are we better/worse as a society than we were decades ago? hard to say. i do know that society as a whole has more equality today than it did back then with the emergence of the civil rights, womens rights and gay/lesbian rights movements. Like it or not, there are nasty things in this world. You can't avoid them no matter how hard you try. If "using naughty language" is the worst thing you can say about someone then they are doing pretty well. i'd rather be called a potty mouth than a hypocritical old man with a holier-than-though attitude *COUGH COUGH*

sure, the youth of today are exposed to more than their predecesors but who says that is a bad thing?? My entire life my father has been completely open with me about any and everything. sex, drugs, swearing, addiction, violence.... the whole nine yards. I was aware of these evils since i was 8 years old. 67 would call this a recipe for disaster but i think i came out for the better because of it. Knowledge is power and i used my knowledge to make informed decisions later in life when i was inevitably exposed firsthand to these things. like they say "knowing is half the battle" what's the other half? using your brain to make the right decision. I am thankful my father was open with me about these issues from an early age. Yes 67, i also was a regular child, i played with hotwheels and legos, was obsessed with pokemon, played video games and sports, went outside and played. So why am i so well adjusted 67? according to you being exposed to all that darkness prevented me from being a regular kid, and increased my chances of becoming a ruffian as an adult.

Kids today are the same as kids in the past. Some are sheltered, some are exposed, some are unstable and it doesn't matter their degree of exposure. When they get together they will do/say unsavory things their parents wouldn't approve of (don't try and deny it either. because you'd just be setting a bad example for our youth by lying). Big Papis shirt isn't going to change that.

MASTER OF PUPPETS I'M PULLING YOUR STRINGS!!
    TWISTING YOUR MIND AND SMASHING YOUR DREAMS!!
    BLINDED BY ME YOU CAN'T SEE A THING!!
    JUST CALL MY NAME 'CUZ I'LL HEAR YOU SCREAM!!
    MASTER!! MASTER!!

Sections
Shortcuts