1. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Did Ben play FUNNYBALL at the Winter meetings?

Plan.....no plan, overpay o.k. not o.k., right fit people? Any money spent on Developement? Could this actually turn out to be a comedy of errors by 7/1/13? Everything's in play here.Have at it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Did Ben play FUNNYBALL at the Winter meetings?

In response to eggplants' comment:

Plan.....no plan, overpay o.k. not o.k., right fit people? Any money spent on Developement? Could this actually turn out to be a comedy of errors by 7/1/13? Everything's in play here.Have at it.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Was that a question or a statement?

And what do you mean by 'spent money on Developement'?  Did they do a draft or was it time for international signings?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

^^^pike

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Joe..........The questions were followed by a question mark and the statements were followed by a period. Together it's sort of like a paragraph. As for the Developement question, it goes to our ability to develope talent. We're not good in that area. We buy or trade for talent. We don't develope very much of our own. I'd say we could take credit for developing Josh Reddick. Beyond him, am I missing someone? We need better coaching in the minor leagues, better talent evaluators. That costs money. The Ray's,Jay's, Yanks all have more talent under developement than we do. No lie.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

pike

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Louie..........What part of my post are you having a problem with?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to eggplants's comment:

Joe..........The questions were followed by a question mark and the statements were followed by a period. Together it's sort of like a paragraph. As for the Developement question, it goes to our ability to develope talent. We're not good in that area. We buy or trade for talent. We don't develope very much of our own. I'd say we could take credit for developing Josh Reddick. Beyond him, am I missing someone? We need better coaching in the minor leagues, better talent evaluators. That costs money. The Ray's,Jay's, Yanks all have more talent under developement than we do. No lie.

Why is it that the posters who bash the Sox also take the time to tell us how well the competition are doing. And by "competition" I mean the Yankees.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Aren't the Yankees' prospects always given high marks above and beyond their actual abilities? And it apparently happens time and time again. Shouldn't someone at least find out why that happens so often for one team?

I mean who's doing the analysis? The umpires? LOL

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to louisthelipp's comment:

I was told by someone about a year back that Eggplant was a closet Yankee fan. I was about 80% sure of that anyway.

pike

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to louisthelipp's comment:

I was told by someone about a year back that Eggplant was a closet Yankee fan. I was about 80% sure of that anyway.

pike

I'm beginning to think you're a Mikey alias. That's exactly what he would do and to my posts as well. Over and over. Could explain why a "teenager" spends so much time here.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

We have a much, much better farm than the NYY.  Their best prospect had TJS.  I wouldn't trade any of our top-3 even up for any of their prospects.

And I am still not sure what that had to do with the winter meetings.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

We have a much, much better farm than the NYY.  Their best prospect had TJS.  I wouldn't trade any of our top-3 even up for any of their prospects.

And I am still not sure what that had to do with the winter meetings.

Interesting, but as I flipped to STFU, one of the NYY articles that it referenced was titled-

Lack of developing talent exacerbates Yankees’ problems

http://www.sportspyder.com/teams/new-york-yankees/articles/7985325

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Louie,Kim................I'm a baseball fan. I love baseball. I hate soccer, pro or amateur. I hate pro football and pro basketball. I like college basketball. The RS are my favorite baseball team. I hate both NY MLB teams. When I state that we develope less talent than the RAYS, JAYS and the NYY it's because we have fewer teams in developement. The RAYS have (9) teams in developement. The JAYS and NYY have (8). We have (7). Those teams are not only looking at more talent than we are on a yearly basis but play in the same division we do. We have to do better in this area of the game if we want to stay competitive. We're getting the right kids we 're having trouble developing them. The problem is in BBOPS. Too many guys with sling bags IPOD's and LAPTOPS. You need people to look at these kids on a regular basis and instruct them on the things they have to do to get better. The people that do these jobs are unheralded and unnoticed in the overall scheme of things in MLB. Their reward is watching a kid they helped move up. Last October Dann Feinstein, Andrew Freidmans right hand man at the TB RAYS moved to the Oakland A's front office. A couple of weeks ago or sooner, Gil Patterson, Billy Beane's top pitching evaluator  moved to NYY to assume similar duties in their developement program. This news did not appear on the NYY MLB team page and was mentioned in 1 or 2 sentences on the A's team page when they filled the position immediately. As a result of this move the A's made an additional number of moves underneath from within. Patterson also took a Rule 5 player with him , Jim Miller a 31yr. old RHP . The RS had a shot at this kid for a couple of days. Then he was gone.  This pitcher may have been the steal of the winter meetings.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to eggplants's comment:

Louie,Kim................I'm a baseball fan. I love baseball. I hate soccer, pro or amateur. I hate pro football and pro basketball. I like college basketball. The RS are my favorite baseball team. I hate both NY MLB teams. When I state that we develope less talent than the RAYS, JAYS and the NYY it's because we have fewer teams in developement. The RAYS have (9) teams in developement. The JAYS and NYY have (8). We have (7). Those teams are not only looking at more talent than we are on a yearly basis but play in the same division we do. We have to do better in this area of the game if we want to stay competitive. We're getting the right kids we 're having trouble developing them. The problem is in BBOPS. Too many guys with sling bags IPOD's and LAPTOPS. You need people to look at these kids on a regular basis and instruct them on the things they have to do to get better. The people that do these jobs are unheralded and unnoticed in the overall scheme of things in MLB. Their reward is watching a kid they helped move up. Last October Dann Feinstein, Andrew Freidmans right hand man at the TB RAYS moved to the Oakland A's front office. A couple of weeks ago or sooner, Gil Patterson, Billy Beane's top pitching evaluator  moved to NYY to assume similar duties in their developement program. This news did not appear on the NYY MLB team page and was mentioned in 1 or 2 sentences on the A's team page when they filled the position immediately. As a result of this move the A's made an additional number of moves underneath from within. Patterson also took a Rule 5 player with him , Jim Miller a 31yr. old RHP . The RS had a shot at this kid for a couple of days. Then he was gone.  This pitcher may have been the steal of the winter meetings.

My apologies. It's interesting that the Yankees took the top pitching evaluator from the A's and it wasn't made public. They can not only buy the best players, they can buy the staff.  I'm not sure how they got to include a player with no fanfare as well. The Yankees have a way of always being underhanded. Much like their minor league Royals dealings that kept that team from doing anything with their aquisitions except enhancing the Yankees. It's nauseating.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Fienstein and Patterson are heavyweights, no doubt about it. When guys like this move weather changes.I'm guessing dustup. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Joe.............It looks like the NYY took a big step in solving their developement problem.

Sections
Shortcuts