Did Sox management chicken out of tonight's game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Did Sox management chicken out of tonight's game?

If the Sox were 9-2 instead of 2-9, and/or if Lackey wasn't slated to go, they may have tried harder to get the game in.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Did Sox management chicken out of tonight's game?:
    [QUOTE]If the Sox were 9-2 instead of 2-9, and/or if Lackey wasn't slated to go, they may have tried harder to get the game in.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

really??? boston had an inch and half of rain today and from what i just saw on the Boston news, it's still raining.  as much as they may have tried, they wouldnt have started the game in the rain with rain in forecast for the duration of the game

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did Sox management chicken out of tonight's game? : really??? boston had an inch and half of rain today and from what i just saw on the news its still raining, so as much as they may have tried, they wouldnt have started the game in the rain with rain in forecast for the duration of the game
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Perhaps, but they may have called it later. Even on WEEI they said it may have been done for convenience. You need to calm down.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did Sox management chicken out of tonight's game? : JB in live in new haven county but work in middlesex county. it rained all day and when i left work at 830, it was still raining, albeit lightly. now watching the boston news, still raining in boston got 1.5 inches. after what happened to josh hamilton yesterday, i'm glad it was. even with the 2-8 start, the team is healthy. the last thing they need is an injury. Lackey will be moved to pitch tuesday. lester will pitch sunday in place of dice k
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

What's Hamilton's injury have to do with anything on this thread?  It wasn't weather related, it was a bad call by the 3rd base coach telling the MVP to try to get home on a foul ball in the infield.  

Also, thanks for the update on the rainfall totals in Boston.  They certainly made the right call from a player safety perspective.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did Sox management chicken out of tonight's game? : What's Hamilton's injury have to do with anything on this thread?  It wasn't weather related, it was a bad call by the 3rd base coach telling the MVP to try to get home on a foul ball in the infield.   Also, thanks for the update on the rainfall totals in Boston.  They certainly made the right call from a player safety perspective.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

nothing really JB but was thinking about hamiltons injury and after Texas' great start, he'll be out for at least 8 weeks. he missed the last month of last season and 10 days into this one, injured again. glad they cancelled the game this early on in the season under these conditions. the last thing the sox need is an injury.  some parts of mass got up tp 5".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Well, I would agree with you if the Sox had the umpires in their pocket.  You know, the guys who understand that the playoffs are better (ratings and otherwise) with the Yankees in them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]JB I'm in CT. its raining steadily and is not expected to let up until after midnight. secondly, the conditions of the field may have played into the decision. do you want to chance the pitcher or an outfielder to injury this early on due to weather??? thirdly how many times have you heard fans complain they could have or should have called the game earlier before they got to the stadium and think they dont because they want to sell concessions? cant win lastly i dont think its how hard it's raining its if it will rain continually throughout the game. they usually never start a game if its expected to rain throughout
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

My alibis exactly!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DevotedRSgirl. Show DevotedRSgirl's posts

REALLY?????????????????? 11 games and they need "a couple of days off?"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WinningTigerBlood. Show WinningTigerBlood's posts

Maybe they can cancel the remaining 151 games to preserve their stellar record.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=7f4e713b8a72fa95294935c6d9bfff39&plckUserId=7f4e713b8a72fa95294935c6d9bfff39">
    First: 9/16/2010
    Last: 4/13/2011
    Fenway Parrrrrk is too old to drain the rain from the field and Lackey wasn't feeling lucky.

ha! shows how much you know elroy! one of the major upgrades the ownership did was have a totally brand new drainage system installed along with a new outfield surface below the grass. If it was at all humanly possible, they would have played last nite. my buddy who lives in town told me it never stopped rainning last night.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

REALLY?????????????????? 11 games and they need "a couple of days off?"  -- DevotedRSgirl
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Three posts since Sept. '09, and this is your "all important" third?  How devoted are you, exactly? Why don't you just post under your normal screen name?  Isn't it exhausting trying to keep up all the different aliases?                        

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winning.TigerBlood. Show Winning.TigerBlood's posts

Hey, my name is Jim Jones.

Who wants some tasty kool aid?

This question does not even dignify an answer.

You know they tanked this game to get away from the mayhem.

I know it, the Babe knows it, Frozen Teddy knows it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DevotedRSgirl. Show DevotedRSgirl's posts

Three posts since Sept. '09, and this is your "all important" third?  How devoted are you, exactly? Why don't you just post under your normal screen name?  Isn't it exhausting trying to keep up all the different aliases?    

Wow you have a lot of time on your hands......                    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winning.TigerBlood. Show Winning.TigerBlood's posts

CATFIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

Meow!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Three posts since Sept. '09, and this is your "all important" third? How devoted are you, exactly? Why don't you just post under your normal screen name? Isn't it exhausting trying to keep up all the different aliases?

Wow you have a lot of time on your hands......    --- DevotedRSgirl

-------------------------------------------------

And your 4th was just as great as your 3rd.  Btw, I love the fact that you quoted me talking about you and your other aliases.  Honestly, no self-awareness.               

Sections
Shortcuts