Did Sox trade Ellsbury's best friend...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Did Sox trade Ellsbury's best friend...

... when the club reportedly sent Jed Lowrie to the Astros for Mark Melancon?

Will Jacoby Ellsbury's reported clubhouse isolation worsen?

Do the Sox have trade plans for Ellsbury?

Probably not, but it got me thinking.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Did Sox trade Ellsbury's best friend...

Lowrie was relatively useless.

We are lucky someone wanted him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Ellsbury and Lowrie and blocked prospects need to be traded, for a solid young RH Ofer and a 2nd tier starting pitcher.

I don't see this as a trade connection trigger for Ellsbury, but perhaps it might be a prod to end his withdrawn team persona and security outlet.

I certainly hope there are trade plans for Ellsbury. Spending 30 million a year for Crawford and Ellsbury is absurd, just to pay 16 to 20 million for Ellsbury's FA ticket. Ellsbury pulls up on nearly every ball near the wall or far enough in front that he can't catch it standing up.  Not a long term fit, and not 2012 answer. See Crawford reserved parking.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Did Sox trade Ellsbury's best friend...:
    [QUOTE]Ellsbury and Lowrie and blocked prospects need to be traded, for a solid young RH Ofer and a 2nd tier starting pitcher. I don't see this as a trade connection trigger for Ellsbury, but perhaps it might be a prod to end his withdrawn team persona and security outlet. I certainly hope there are trade plans for Ellsbury. Spending 30 million a year for Crawford and Ellsbury is absurd, just to pay 16 to 20 million for Ellsbury's FA ticket. Ellsbury pulls up on nearly every ball near the wall or far enough in front that he can't catch it standing up.  Not a long term fit, and not 2012 answer. See Crawford reserved parking.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

Remember guys, softy has admitted to not actually watching the games, so he wouldn't know about the diving catches Jake made after he got a slow break or took the wrong route.

Also, when I mentioned that Jake was responsible for several of Wake's "earned runs" allowed... crickets...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I'm sure friends are traded away all the time...it's part of the game.   I'm just happy to see the Sox using two pieces that obviously have no big role in Boston to bring in a possible top tier reliever.

Looks like the Sox FO is making the right moves and finding pitching talent on the cheap. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]Lowrie was relatively useless. We are lucky someone wanted him.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Useless seems "relatively" pejorative.

Just sayin'...

...Jed Lowrie is a good kid. He played through the GROSS "mis-diagnosis" of a hand injury and worked himself back onto the field. At one point last Summer he carried the team. He had a game winning RBI in a huge game a couple of years ago.

I for one wish him well and will miss him...

...no need to speak poorly of him while he exits.

Good luck Jed! Bring the Astros back to the AL soon too!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did Sox trade Ellsbury's best friend... : Useless seems "relatively" pejorative. Just sayin'... ...Jed Lowrie is a good kid. He played through the GROSS "mis-diagnosis" of a hand injury and worked himself back onto the field. At one point last Summer he carried the team. He had a game winning RBI in a huge game a couple of years ago. I for one wish him well and will miss him... ...no need to speak poorly of him while he exits. Good luck Jed! Bring the Astros back to the AL soon too!
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

No one would speak poorly of him cuz he was a perfect utility player Boston. But too bad he is not a great defensively SS or 3B.  Ideal position for him to play if he want to become a every day starting major league player is to play 2nd Base. Since Houston lost their starting SS via free agency, and I am sure there may not be a talent ready SS in the minor league to move up.  Maybe Lowrie is lucky play for the Houston team.  But he wouldnt last too long at SS.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did Sox trade Ellsbury's best friend... : Useless seems "relatively" pejorative. Just sayin'... ...Jed Lowrie is a good kid. He played through the GROSS "mis-diagnosis" of a hand injury and worked himself back onto the field. At one point last Summer he carried the team. He had a game winning RBI in a huge game a couple of years ago. I for one wish him well and will miss him... ...no need to speak poorly of him while he exits. Good luck Jed! Bring the Astros back to the AL soon too!
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

Good kid or not matters little to me. I don't disagree with anything really, but, umm....carried the team to where? It's not worth much when what you're carrying is a corpse. Good for him for puting up good numbers, but let's not overstate it's worth.

Kind of like Ortiz' stats the past 2 years and people talk about "hows it going to be replaced?". They didn't win with it, so I don't see the negative in going in a different direction.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did Sox trade Ellsbury's best friend... : Good kid or not matters little to me. I don't disagree with anything really, but, umm....carried the team to where? It's not worth much when what you're carrying is a corpse. Good for him for puting up good numbers, but let's not overstate it's worth. Kind of like Ortiz' stats the past 2 years and people talk about "hows it going to be replaced?". They didn't win with it, so I don't see the negative in going in a different direction.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

That is a strange equivocation ma6.  If a team does not win a championship, then any production from individual team members are therefore meaningless?  

Dunno man.  A championship club is the sum of its parts, and you need a lot of good parts to get there. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Hopefully Ellsbury doesn't have the fragile mental state of Rajon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Did Sox trade Ellsbury's best friend...:
    [QUOTE]... when the club reportedly sent Jed Lowrie to the Astros for Mark Melancon? Will Jacoby Ellsbury's reported clubhouse isolation worsen? Do the Sox have trade plans for Ellsbury? Probably not, but it got me thinking.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

What puzzles me is why a Mariners loyal fan has his ear glued to the minute-to-minute news on the Red Sox 24 / 7. Why don't you spend any of your waking moments on following your Mariners. The forum has amother pretender named PinstripeZac who pretends to be a Yankee fan. Why the charade and act? You act like it is a life-or-death matter and you are tuned to tweets, alerts, and multiple bookmarked sources to be the first to alert RS fans on instant RS news news but yet you are a Mariners fan. It sounds bogus to me. Sorry. Very strange behavior indeed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

THANK GOD JED LOWRIE IS GONE. soft little girl, the cellar of the nl central is a perfect place for him

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Nah, Sox didn't just trade Ells best friend. MLB players like the rest of us are in constant contact all the time. What the sox did was give Jed an opportunity to prove himself, Ells gotta be happy for him.

Ells is an Oregon State University alum, which means he comes from one of the best baseball programs in the country. While Ells and Jed were in high school they played in entirely different worlds.  

Jed was a valley kid, which means he played in the high school baseball main stream of the west coast. Ells is an eastern Oregon kid, which means he really had to be something special to get noticed. And, to get to be a starter at Oregon Sate University like he did was simply amazing. 

When their playing days are over they'll come back home    

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did Sox trade Ellsbury's best friend... : Good kid or not matters little to me. I don't disagree with anything really, but, umm....carried the team to where? It's not worth much when what you're carrying is a corpse. Good for him for puting up good numbers, but let's not overstate it's worth. Kind of like Ortiz' stats the past 2 years and people talk about "hows it going to be replaced?". They didn't win with it, so I don't see the negative in going in a different direction.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

You miss the point completely about Ortiz. Without his production the team might have not even made it as far as they did last year before the disastrous slide at seasons end.