Did the Rays "Fade Away"?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Did the Rays "Fade Away"?

I told you guys they had another run in them.

I still fear their two lefties in a series against us.

They've won 6 in a row and have more wins than Texas, Cleveland, and the Nats.

They are just 1-2 wins away from the Dodgers, Pirates, and Reds.

They lose Shields and Davis and don't miss a beat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Did the Rays

In response to moonslav59's comment:

And maybe they have another slump in them.  While not likely, I'd love to see them tank against the Jays and see Texas sweep Anaheim.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I hope so too. I do not want to face Moore & Price twice in a 5 game series.

Sox4ever

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Playing against a slump Yankees??  Yes they swept Orioles, but they knew they needed to do that to order to stay in the wildcard contention.  First game of the series set the tone for the series when Tampa beat Baltimore in 18 innings.   

But so far for Tampa playing against post season contender teams in the last three and half weeks:  Tampa against A's, 0-3, Tampa against Red Sox: 1-2 and Tampa against Texas, 2-2. That is not impressive!!

Therefore, they are not on a hot roll!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I predicted they be a 90 win team...looks like I was close....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

They didn't exactly make a run at the division.

Seems they stayed in the WC race by virture of the Rangers and O's collapsing.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Boston was 12-7 vs. the Rays this year.  I fear the A's more than the Rays.  But I fear the Rays more than the Tigers.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Bring 'em all on!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Bring 'em all on!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Sox4ever

=====================================

With a 2 game lead vs A's for Home Field it seems we'll play the wild card winner although our last 3 games are in Camden Field & they play us tough at home or in Fenway. They knocked us out 2 years ago and played like it was their world series & I'm sure they'd like to sweep us now. In any case, I don't think it would be the worse thing to face the Tigers as the Rays & Indians are both 8-2 last 10 games I think. But then we'd lose Home Field to A's assuming they win. A's will be tough with all the Sox alumni. However it works out, if we want to be the best, we need beat the best or the beast whoever it is.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Playing against a slump Yankees??  Yes they swept Orioles, but they knew they needed to do that to order to stay in the wildcard contention.  First game of the series set the tone for the series when Tampa beat Baltimore in 18 innings.   

But so far for Tampa playing against post season contender teams in the last three and half weeks:  Tampa against A's, 0-3, Tampa against Red Sox: 1-2 and Tampa against Texas, 2-2. That is not impressive!!

Therefore, they are not on a hot roll!

Baltimore was still in it when the Rays beat them. The Rays have played an equal or  tougher schedule than the Sox.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

There are no easy teams to play in October. With every opponent you can point out what makes them dangerous. If Buchholz is healthy he can match up against anyone, so I think he is the key. He is our ace. If he is on his game I think we can beat any team in the playoffs, especially if we can get HFA.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Boston was 12-7 vs. the Rays this year.  I fear the A's more than the Rays.  But I fear the Rays more than the Tigers.  

Fear this:

2 lefties (maybe multiple times) in 1 series...

Price vs Sox    2-2  2.48   0.673

Moore vs Sox  2-0  1.80   0.533

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Sox4ever

You will only face one of them twice. What makes it more difficult for them is that have pitch in the wild card round. So we must likely would see Moore in 1 & 5/4 and Price in 4/3

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Moore and Price are tough, no doubt.  But so is Verlander/Sherzer.  There are no easy routes through this thing.  Sox have to play their best ball.  And when they have played their best ball, they have beaten both Price and Moore.  So, my wish is that, with 2 games magic number to homefield, Farrell does hi best to keep everyone healthy and rested and ready.  No easy routes.  Everyone in the AL tournament right now is dangerous as f*&k.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

Fear this:

[/QUOTE]

But it is possible one of these two pitchers will miss the first two games at Boston unless Joe Maddon go on two days rest.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Fear this:

[/QUOTE]

But it is possible one of these two pitchers will miss the first two games at Boston unless Joe Maddon go on two days rest.

[/QUOTE]

Right now, Moore is schedule for the last game of the reg season and price for the WC game. If the rays don't need Moore that last game, he could go game 1 and 4, while Price could go game 2 and 5 in a pinch.  There are some days off bewteen the wC game and the first series, then a game off between games 2 and 3 and between 4 and 5.

We will likely face one of these 2 lefties at least 3 out of 5 games. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Fear this:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right now, Moore is schedule for the last game of the reg season and price for the WC game. If the rays don't need Moore that last game, he could go game 1 and 4, while Price could go game 2 and 5 in a pinch.  There are some days off bewteen the wC game and the first series, then a game off between games 2 and 3 and between 4 and 5.

We will likely face one of these 2 lefties at least 3 out of 5 games. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, still they need to win the wildcard game to order to face Boston.  Since Toronto have gave Tampa a hard time in all season long, it may not be easy for Tampa to win all three games in Toronto to try to clinch the #1 spot of the wildcard standing.

Who know they lose to the yankees tonite and then lose the next two out of three games in Toronto while Texas and Cleveland goes on four games winning streak.  But really, we all are not sure who will Boston face in the divisional round playoff.

Right now I am rooting for the yankees to win tonite to force Texas to get back into the three way tie race

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to 17Again's comment:

The Rays are going to be tough if they come up against the sox.  I know the sox beat them more this season but some games were close.  I doubt the sox lose to them but it is not going to be easy.

I'd rather face righties Scherzer and Verlander than lefties Price and Moore, but nothing's going to be easy.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

The Rays are going to be tough if they come up against the sox.  I know the sox beat them more this season but some games were close.  I doubt the sox lose to them but it is not going to be easy.

I'd rather face righties Scherzer and Verlander than lefties Price and Moore, but nothing's going to be easy.

There will be more red sox fans in tampa than tampa fans.  Not sure if this helps the road team or not but it makes for better tv viewing.

[/QUOTE]

The less cowbell, the better

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

I think we have the best record in baseball.  Let them fear us!

Always believed the Rays would be there, although they're not in yet.

All the teams are very good and any team can win it all.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Speaking of Moore, when is he a free agent?  He would look nice in a Red Sox uniform.   Cool