Did the sox figure out Texas or is it luck?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

Re: Did the sox figure out Texas or is it luck?

In Response to Re: Did the sox figure out Texas or is it luck?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did the sox figure out Texas or is it luck? : Care to back this up? How has Wake " pitched poorly either way "?
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Harness I did jump the gun there. My main problem with Wake is that 5 innings is enough. The major problem is that he doesn't get run support. On his last outing , he failed to hold a 4-1 lead, but Albers was the culprit there. I agree that I made a weak argument and if Wake wins 200 at home, all will be forgiven. In the meantime Miller wins 2 on the road. I likey that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Did the sox figure out Texas or is it luck?:
    [QUOTE]24-7 in the last 2 games is not luck.  Luck would be eking out a 1-run win because of a fielding error, or a close play called in your favor, etc.  What we saw in the last 2 nights is what we have seen most of the year:  a dominant offense stringing big hits together and racking up the runs.
    Posted by crix[/QUOTE]
    Earlier this season the Seattle Mariners outscored the Tigers 24-6 in sweeping three games at Detroit.

I suspect some luck was involved.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

The Sox were lucky that two key players returned to the batting order, Ellsbury and Ortiz. After that, their superior skills kicked in and they played up to their level. On the other side, the Rangers were unlucky to be missing Beltre from their lineup. There was really nothing to figure out. The Sox and the Rangers are two of the top AL teams, and all of their games could go either way.