DID THEO GET SOFT ON DICK HARDEN VS ERIC BEDARD DEAL, ANOTHER HE GOT WRONG?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: DID THEO GET SOFT ON DICK HARDEN VS ERIC BEDARD DEAL, ANOTHER HE GOT WRONG?

In Response to Re: DID THEO GET SOFT ON DICK HARDEN VS ERIC BEDARD DEAL, ANOTHER HE GOT WRONG?:
    In Response to Re: DID THEO GET SOFT ON DICK HARDEN VS ERIC BEDARD DEAL, ANOTHER HE GOT WRONG? : All I know is what the numbers tell me. The numbers tell me that Bedard has pitched much better than Harden since the trade deadline.  If you disagree, please feel free to post, using some sort of support, as to why you disagree.   I don't disagree that Harden has a live arm, but Bedard has never had a bad year.  In the past three years, Harden's ERA has been 4.09, 5.58, and 4.74.  The best of those three ERAs is 4.09 from 2009.  Bedard's worst ERA since 2005 is 3.76.  I don't see how you could argue that Harden is a better pitcher. Neither one can pitch a full season, so that's not an advantage. Sorry if I'm wrong, but it seems like you just felt like bashing Theo, but didn't feel like thinking of a reason why.
    Posted by Joebreidey

Great posts on this thread Joe. The OP would be blasting Theo if the Harden trade went through and was sporting a 5.08 ERA for Boston.

And to add one more point. The OP made it sound like Harden has been some kind of workhourse. Since the trade, Harden has averaged 5.6 IP per start while Bedard has averaged 5.3 IP per start. Hardly a significant difference.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I just love it when, in their Theo-bashing tirades, the haters bring up some random reliever who cost basically zilch and was with us for a handful of games as if they were way more important than they actually were.

Scott Schoeneweiss? Oh, the horror! You'll be raising the ghost of Anastacio Martinez or Blaine Neal next I suppose. How did Epstein ever make it this long?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonSwanson. Show RonSwanson's posts

Joe just put an absolute beatdown on aussiewill. Also, flapjack, awesome choice for your avatar. Such a good show.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: DID THEO GET SOFT ON DICK HARDEN VS ERIC BEDARD DEAL, ANOTHER HE GOT WRONG?:
    I just love it when, in their Theo-bashing tirades, the haters bring up some random reliever who cost basically zilch and was with us for a handful of games as if they were way more important than they actually were. Scott Schoeneweiss? Oh, the horror! You'll be raising the ghost of Anastacio Martinez or Blaine Neal next I suppose. How did Epstein ever make it this long?
    Posted by Flapjack07

Fine. You don't like Schoenweiss included. I will gladly retract him. Now explain Lugo, Renteria, Cameron, Crawford, Lackey, and Miller. If you can explain them away I will gladly provide you with six more names. The fact of the matter is that Epstein is a poor judge of FA talent. He does better with minor leaguers, but not by much. He has saddled this franchise with current contracts for Lackey and Crawford for years to come and sapped away precious dollars in the process.
    I'll wait for you to explain away those six.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: DID THEO GET SOFT ON DICK HARDEN VS ERIC BEDARD DEAL, ANOTHER HE GOT WRONG? : Hey don't I know you from somewhere? Here's a question.  One of the guys you listed was Penny.  Since he left the Red Sox Penny has gone to San Fran, St. Louis, and now Detroit, where he is not putting up great numbers but is in the rotation of a team headed for the playoffs. So why does Penny count as this big mistake by Epstein when he keeps being picked up by other teams? 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Did you leave home?
    As regards Penny,  I really don't care how he is performing for some other team. He was not a good choice for the Red Sox. That much is pretty clear. Maybe its the unforgiving environment there; maybe its because its a hitter's park. Whatever the reason, he did poorly in Boston, and I hold Epstein responsible for that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: DID THEO GET SOFT ON DICK HARDEN VS ERIC BEDARD DEAL, ANOTHER HE GOT WRONG? : You really don't know why INEPSTINK should be bashed? GIVE ME A BREAK! Let me refresh your memory: Cameron, Wakefield, Miller, Jenks, LACKEY, Morales, Lugo, Renteria, Smoltz, Penny, Schoenweiss.....and thats just a start. This franchise is going NOWHERE until our current incompetent GM is FIRED and takes our ignoramus manager with him. Face facts Brady....for a change.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

If you want to start a separate Schoenweiss thread, please feel free to go ahead.  If you want to start a thread where we add up all the good moves and all the bad moves, then go ahead.

If you want to defend Harden over Bedard, then please supply some numbers for your support of Harden and we can discuss it.

You're doing the same thing as Contrarian and Aussie.  The original subject has been discredited, so you now want to change the subject.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: DID THEO GET SOFT ON DICK HARDEN VS ERIC BEDARD DEAL, ANOTHER HE GOT WRONG? : What up Brady? Can't stand the heat back at home? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Posted by pumpsie-green

I come here for adult conversation with knowledgable RS fans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Scott Schoeneweiss? Oh, the horror! 

Yup, the reason why we should have traded for Harden rather than Bedard has nothing to do with Harden's numbers or Bedard's numbers, but because Schoenweiss' 1-0 record cost us $0.5M.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: DID THEO GET SOFT ON DICK HARDEN VS ERIC BEDARD DEAL, ANOTHER HE GOT WRONG? : I come here for adult conversation with knowledgable RS fans.
    Posted by Joebreidey

Well good for you. FWIW, I don't plan to post much here for the time being. That said, I think you have a warped view of this team. There may be knowledgable fans here (I am not here to insult BDC...good forum, good posters), but you consistently try to manipulate the facts to make our FO look good and our team look like all stars. You did that on the other forum as well before you left.
    Have a nice time over here....you made the right choice 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: DID THEO GET SOFT ON DICK HARDEN VS ERIC BEDARD DEAL, ANOTHER HE GOT WRONG? : Well good for you. FWIW, I don't plan to post much here for the time being. That said, I think you have a warped view of this team. There may be knowledgable fans here (I am not here to insult BDC...good forum, good posters), but you consistently try to manipulate the facts to make our FO look good and our team look like all stars. You did that on the other forum as well before you left. Have a nice time over here....you made the right choice 
    Posted by pumpsie-green

I haven't left the other site.  I post less when we're losing, and more when we're winning.

And when do I make the team look like all stars.  I simply post the numbers.  If the numbes are good, they look like AS's.  If they're bad, then they're bad.  You seem allergic to numbers in a sport that is almost entirely numbers-based.

Are we finished discussing Harden and Bedard?  Or have you even mentioned either harden and Bedard in your posts in a thread about Harden and Bedard?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Pumpsie, FWIW, you signed onto a Harden/Bedard thread.

The number of times you mentioned Harden?  -0-
    The number of times you mentioned Bedard?  -0-
    The number of times you mentioned statistics?  -0-

This is what I refer to as 'adult conversation with knowledgable fans'.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

If I recall correctly, Harden was a side-note on this board, and the real debate was whether to pick up Bedard cheap or sell the farm for Ubaldo Jimenez.  That's Ubaldo (5.27 ERA for the now third-place, sub-500, 11 games back Cleveland Indians) Jimenez.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: DID THEO GET SOFT ON DICK HARDEN VS ERIC BEDARD DEAL, ANOTHER HE GOT WRONG? : I haven't left the other site.  I post less when we're losing, and more when we're winning. And when do I make the team look like all stars.  I simply post the numbers.  If the numbes are good, they look like AS's.  If they're bad, then they're bad.  You seem allergic to numbers in a sport that is almost entirely numbers-based. Are we finished discussing Harden and Bedard?  Or have you even mentioned either harden and Bedard in your posts in a thread about Harden and Bedard?
    Posted by Joebreidey

I think Bedard was a much better choice than Harden. He has much better numbers and is more consistent. That said, I would have preferred BOTH of them , given our current SP problems. Wakefield and Miller are not ML pitchers any more; we are stuck with Lackey, but next year this must be addressed. Two years of failure are long enough.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: DID THEO GET SOFT ON DICK HARDEN VS ERIC BEDARD DEAL, ANOTHER HE GOT WRONG? : Did you leave home?
    Posted by pumpsie-green

There's no home.  There are two forums where I have been posting for the last couple of years.  I think this place has improved a lot.  The other place gets very negative and crazy at times like this IMO.  I'm not making judgments on anybody.  I'm just doing what works best for me. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: DID THEO GET SOFT ON DICK HARDEN VS ERIC BEDARD DEAL, ANOTHER HE GOT WRONG? : I think Bedard was a much better choice than Harden. He has much better numbers and is more consistent. That said, I would have preferred BOTH of them , given our current SP problems. Wakefield and Miller are not ML pitchers any more; we are stuck with Lackey, but next year this must be addressed. Two years of failure are long enough.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

Thank you for agreeing with me that the OP was wrong and Theo was right.

And thank you for agreeing with me that Harden is still a good target, though I was not the first to mention it.

And had you agreed with me on the two previous posts, without mentioning Schoenweiss, we could've cut the thread in half.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: DID THEO GET SOFT ON DICK HARDEN VS ERIC BEDARD DEAL, ANOTHER HE GOT WRONG? : Thank you for agreeing with me that the OP was wrong and Theo was right. And thank you for agreeing with me that Harden is still a good target, though I was not the first to mention it. And had you agreed with me on the two previous posts, without mentioning Schoenweiss, we could've cut the thread in half.
    Posted by Joebreidey

I don't disagree with you just to disagree with you. I disagree with you when I think you are wrong-like your assertion that this team should be favored to go to the WS. Thats very wrong.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Amazing that there are still those refugees from Sawxheads who still insist that Epstink is doing a bang-up job for the RedSox.  Fine, live in a dream world.  We will now be in our fourth year without winning a damn thing.  We have a GM who has saddled us with contracts that will eat away at us for years to come, and we have a manager who has turned what was once a tough and scrappy team into a bunch of moaners and babies.  Both Theo and FrancoMa have to go, otherwise we will continue to flounder until they do.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: DID THEO GET SOFT ON DICK HARDEN VS ERIC BEDARD DEAL, ANOTHER HE GOT WRONG? : I don't disagree with you just to disagree with you. I disagree with you when I think you are wrong-like your assertion that this team should be favored to go to the WS. Thats very wrong.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

Stick to the topic or start a new one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Amazing that there are still those refugees from Sawxheads who still insist that Epstink is doing a bang-up job for the RedSox.  Fine, live in a dream world.  We will now be in our fourth year without winning a damn thing.  We have a GM who has saddled us with contracts that will eat away at us for years to come, and we have a manager who has turned what was once a tough and scrappy team into a bunch of moaners and babies.  Both Theo and FrancoMa have to go, otherwise we will continue to flounder until they do.
    Posted by seabeachfred

Stick to the topic or start a new one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Theo thought that he was going to get lucky with Miller a cheaper alternative. Why pick up another pitcher, low ball the As on Harden when there was no evidence he was injured but tried to chince them on a prospect.  Once again like Teixeira, Renteria, Lugo, Drew, Penney, Baldelli, Saito, Smoltz, LaRoche, Kotchman- he was wrong. Maybe its time he went to Chicago, Oh yeah, one problem we have, is that we are way too lefthanded in the way of hitting. But we have AVILES, DMAC who are potential Hall of Famers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: DID THEO GET SOFT ON DICK HARDEN VS ERIC BEDARD DEAL, ANOTHER HE GOT WRONG? : As stated Harden struck out 11 Jays, threw 115 pitches, in a shutout. Among his six other starts. Since Bedard was acquired.What part of that statement aren't you getting? Oh your a Theo syncopate, I get it. Harden has been a number one on two staffs. He's young, got electric stuff. I know he's no way near as good as Lackey, but hey, the syncopates agreed with the Boy Wonder on Johnny boy , and K.Krawford. Let's see who they saddle Boston with next.
    Posted by aussiewill

Harden's ERA since July 31 is 5.08.  Bedard's is 3.66. And you want Harden because why?!?   In case you were wondering, lower ERA is better.

And what two staffs was Harden the number 1 pitcher on?   THe closest he has ever been to being the best pitcher on any staff was the 12 gmes he pitched for the Cubs in 2008.  But if your definition of an ace is a guy who had two good months 4 years ago, I guess he fits.

There isn't much about Harden you type that is true.  I don't think you know a signle thing about him, except that the Sox nixed a deal or him and then he went out and threw one good game...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Theo thought that he was going to get lucky with Miller a cheaper alternative. Why pick up another pitcher, low ball the As on Harden when there was no evidence he was injured but tried to chince them on a prospect.  Once again like Teixeira, Renteria, Lugo, Drew, Penney, Baldelli, Saito, Smoltz, LaRoche, Kotchman- he was wrong. Maybe its time he went to Chicago, Oh yeah, one problem we have, is that we are way too lefthanded in the way of hitting. But we have AVILES, DMAC who are potential Hall of Famers.
    Posted by AL34

Yes AL, Cashman was once again right with Colon and Garcia and Theo was wrong with Penny and Smoltz. Harden wasn't lowballed but failed the medical requirements, try reading the news once in awhile. You sound like you are privy to confidential medical reports when the only paper that you read is the Enquirer. You have all of the characteristics of a troll and it is surprising that you aren't laughed off of this forum.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Posted by seabeachfred

Wow, Sox fans complaining about 4 year title droughts.  I never thought I'd see it.  Is this 1922 all over again?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

You are a wonder!  You have tried to disrupt every current post today with your one day wonder rhetoric about the Sox fans of which you are definitely not a Sox fan.  Joined today and have been telling all the Sox fans how they should act...WOW! 

In Response to Re: DID THEO GET SOFT ON DICK HARDEN VS ERIC BEDARD DEAL, ANOTHER HE GOT WRONG? : Yes AL, Cashman was once again right with Colon and Garcia and Theo was wrong with Penny and Smoltz. Harden wasn't lowballed but failed the medical requirements, try reading the news once in awhile. You sound like you are privy to confidential medical reports when the only paper that you read is the Enquirer. You have all of the characteristics of a troll and it is surprising that you aren't laughed off of this forum.
    Posted by BeaconHill19

Sections
Shortcuts