Did you know: If the Red Sox Win the WS, Papi will join this company

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Did you know: If the Red Sox Win the WS, Papi will join this company

I may need moon's help, but if the Red Sox win the World Series, David Ortiz will be the only non-Yankee to have won 3 or more World Series Championships over a period of 9+ years.

I could be wrong with the names, but this company includes the following:

Tony Lazzeri, Lou Gehrig, Babe Ruth, Frank Crosseti, Yogi Berra, Joe Dimaggio, Mickey Mantle, Whitey Ford, Reggie Jackson, Catfish Hunter, Derek Jeter, Andy Pettite, Jorge Posada, Mariano Riviers.

Papi would become the only non-Yankee to join this club, unless I missed someone.

The only other player could be someone from the Gashouse gang Cardinals of the 20's and 30's.

Allegations aside, this would make David Ortiz a first ballot HOF.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Did you know: If the Red Sox Win the WS, Papi will join this company

That is on the same team right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Like Mike Timlin, winner of World Series with the '92 and '93 Blue Jays and '04 and '07 Red Sox, doesn't count...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Like Mike Timlin, winner of World Series with the '92 and '93 Blue Jays and '04 and '07 Red Sox, doesn't count...

Timlin did fine job as a member of the Red Sox, especially in '03 and '04, but that in and of itself doesn't qualify him for the Hall of Fame (hint of sarcasm).  If anyone cares to look into it, there might be a utility player somewhere, most likely a Yankee, who was on the roster for numerous World Series championships.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Timlin did fine job as a member of the Red Sox, especially in '03 and '04, but that in and of itself doesn't qualify him for the Hall of Fame (hint of sarcasm).  If anyone cares to look into it, there might be a utility player somewhere, most likely a Yankee, who was on the roster for numerous World Series championships.

This thread mentions a 'club' of players who won 3 World Series over 9+ years

Last I checked Timlin qualified, it wasn't about being in the HOF.

I simply asked a question of if the titles all had to be with one team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from one-for-the-road. Show one-for-the-road's posts

Reggie Jackson won only 2 with NYY, so, no, not all with the same team

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

This thread mentions a 'club' of players who won 3 World Series over 9+ years

Last I checked Timlin qualified, it wasn't about being in the HOF.

I simply asked a question of if the titles all had to be with one team.

Good call on Timlin. I forgot he was on the Blue Jays in the early 90's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

It didn't have to be the same team. 

So far, only Timlin and Ortiz are non Yankees.

If you took guys on the same team, it would be the Yankee list minus Reggie Jackson and Catfish Hunter, and possibly, David Ortiz.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

I may need moon's help, but if the Red Sox win the World Series, David Ortiz will be the only non-Yankee to have won 3 or more World Series Championships over a period of 9+ years.

I could be wrong with the names, but this company includes the following:

Tony Lazzeri, Lou Gehrig, Babe Ruth, Frank Crosseti, Yogi Berra, Joe Dimaggio, Mickey Mantle, Whitey Ford, Reggie Jackson, Catfish Hunter, Derek Jeter, Andy Pettite, Jorge Posada, Mariano Riviers.

Papi would become the only non-Yankee to join this club, unless I missed someone.

The only other player could be someone from the Gashouse gang Cardinals of the 20's and 30's.

Allegations aside, this would make David Ortiz a first ballot HOF.

The Oakland As won 3 consecutive in 1972 thru 1974; a good number of players were on all 3 teams. The Dodgers won in '59, '63, and '65 - players involved included would be Koufax, Drysdale, Wills, and possibly Roseboro and afew others.

Others include the Red Sox of the teens, i.e, Speaker - 1 with Clev, Ruth, and others, the earlier Giants, i.e, Mathewson, etc, and some who played on the NYY and others, such as David Cone, Paul Blair, and so on.

Other guys on the NYY teams of the 90s include Mike Stanton, Scott Brosius, Luis Sojo, Ramiro Mendoza, Tino Martinez, Bernie Williams, Jeff Nelson, O'Neill, El Duque, and so on

There's also a bunch of NYY from the 20s thru the 60s, including 11 guys who were on the '49 thru '53 teams.

I'm sure there's a bunch more that never played with the NYY.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

I love Tris Speaker, I want to be his great-grandson.... he was the man!

Overlooked now, due to him not being recent; others also fall in this category.

Sections
Shortcuts