Did you know........?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Did you know........?

The Yankmees are 13th in the AL in hits with 205? Boston is 10th with 221.
    The glaring stat is of the 205 NY hits, 45 are HR's compared to Boston's 22.
    NY is hitting a HR every 22 PA's while it's every 47 for the RS.
    This trend must not continue and it's worrisome that the RS are not leaving the yard as often as their counterparts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: Did you know........?

In Response to Re: Did you know........?:
    [QUOTE]The Yankees are built for their park, and they have played 19 of their 25 games at home.  This stat will even out, too.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

The ratio is actually better on the road; 1 in 20, vs 1 in 22

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Clutch hitting has been a problem for this team throughout most of it's recent history.

2004 and 2007 are the main exceptions. 1986 team had some great clutch hitting and Yaz was Mr. Clutch in 1967.

This team needs to start getting it done more often. Last year they could use the injury excuse, this year they can't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe-. Show -The--Babe-'s posts

In Response to Did you know........?:
    [QUOTE]The Yankmees are 13th in the AL in hits with 205? Boston is 10th with 221. The glaring stat is of the 205 NY hits, 45 are HR's compared to Boston's 22. NY is hitting a HR every 22 PA's while it's every 47 for the RS. This trend must not continue and it's worrisome that the RS are not leaving the yard as often as their counterparts.

Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

The sawx have played more games than the Yankees.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[QUOTE]Clutch hitting has been a problem for this team throughout most of it's recent history. 2004 and 2007 are the main exceptions. 1986 team had some great clutch hitting and Yaz was Mr. Clutch in 1967. This team needs to start getting it done more often. Last year they could use the injury excuse, this year they can't.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

They can't use that one yet but unless things start picking up I'm sure we will hear plenty... My personal favorite is "That ball just died out there. In June, when the weather warms up, that ball is gone and so was ___________'s last inning" !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Now I do ...

But l expect them to hit a bunch of dingers.  Granderson, Teix, A-Rod, Canoe, that RFer ... escapes me right now ... odd, cuz I kinda like him...

Swisher, that's it...

And even the newest HR wonder ... C R. Martin.  

And yesterday Jeter jacked a couple. 

If they weren't hitting the dingers, they'd be below us already.

I, for one, never thought they would be a milk toast team.  So no surprise.  I do fully expect to be with them or ahead of them before the last game of the season.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-1. Show Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did you know........? : You can't draw conclusions on a 7-game sample size.  36% of their road HRs came in a single game.  Also, even the road games have been in hitters' parks - Rogers Center, Fenway & Camden Yards.  I don't think Granderson is going to hit 50 HRs this year.  Just be patient and things will even out.

Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Since last August when Long retooled Granderson's swing he is second in baseball behind bautista in hr's. Not saying he's going to hit 50, but it isn't a fluke, his swing is a very good fit for Yankee Stadium.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

We don't need more HR's we need guys to hit with men in scoring position, we could also use more timely hitting with 2 outs. The team is starting to gel more and some guys have started to get hot. Our home run numbers will come around I am not worried about that, I am worried that our pitchers give up too many HR's.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]We don't need more HR's we need guys to hit with men in scoring position, we could also use more timely hitting with 2 outs. The team is starting to gel more and some guys have started to get hot. Our home run numbers will come around I am not worried about that, I am worried that our pitchers give up too many HR's.
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

Its been a scary stat the last year with them..And this year is out of hand already..33 to be exact which ranks 14th in the AL..right at the bottom..Any ideas to why this is happening..tipping pitches, or just missing their spots and being inconsistent with their pitches?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bosoxl94l. Show Bosoxl94l's posts

I can identify with Alibiike but i blame it all on Coma.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did you know........? : You can't draw conclusions on a 7-game sample size.  36% of their road HRs came in a single game.  Also, even the road games have been in hitters' parks - Rogers Center, Fenway & Camden Yards.  I don't think Granderson is going to hit 50 HRs this year.  Just be patient and things will even out.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]
    Way to backtrack. Did Softlaw teach you how to dance?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bosoxl94l. Show Bosoxl94l's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did you know........? : Way to backtrack. Did Softlaw teach you how to dance?
    Posted by StatsFromLouie[/QUOTE]

Your avatar is disgusting and I am a liberal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Perhaps looking at the number of situations created and doing a comparitive study will shed some light on the low RISP rate.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

The Yankees are hitting dingers like you wouldn't believe.  They don't just have the most in MLB, they are at least 10 up on the second best team.  We hit less than 1 per game, and they hit almost 2 per game.  Granderson--Granderson--already has 11, for crying out loud. 

Sections
Shortcuts