Did you see Bill Buckner in Curb Your Enthusiasm?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr.Bump. Show Mr.Bump's posts

Did you see Bill Buckner in Curb Your Enthusiasm?

NESN:

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Did you see Bill Buckner in Curb Your Enthusiasm?

If Sox fans really felt like they did in the Curb episode, then Sox fans are the biggest morons of all time. Buckner made an error, it did not cost them the WS, it did not even cost them that game. Anyone who thinks that way or did think that way really were idiots. That game was over the moment the ball got past Gedman on Stanley's "wild" pitch. But I give Larry David credit for having a funny bit to make Bucks a hero.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Response to Re: Did you see Bill Buckner in Curb Your Enthusiasm?:
    If Sox fans really felt like they did in the Curb episode, then Sox fans are the biggest morons of all time. Buckner made an error, it did not cost them the WS, it did not even cost them that game. Anyone who thinks that way or did think that way really were idiots. That game was over the moment the ball got past Gedman on Stanley's "wild" pitch. But I give Larry David credit for having a funny bit to make Bucks a hero.
    Posted by dannycater

It was tounge and cheek. He's a Yankee fan so he can do it at his angle. It was a funny episode but predictable. Danny 95-99 % of Sox fans no that that was not the main reason they lost.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Just saw it! You have to credit Billy Buck for poking fun at himself.

Still ticks me off when people who claim to be Red Sox fans blame Buckner for the '86 Series loss. Sheer ignorance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Just saw it! You have to credit Billy Buck for poking fun at himself. Still ticks me off when people who claim to be Red Sox fans blame Buckner for the '86 Series loss. Sheer ignorance.
    Posted by LloydDobler

Loyd agree 100 %. I was at a Yankees-Red Sox spring training game in Ft. Lauderdale in 87 and these older woman(Sox fans) are booing him during batting practice saying quote" He blew the series." I gave them a piece of my mind and reminded them of Schiraldi and Gedman and Stanley etc... They still wouldn't listen. It was to no avail.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Did you see Bill Buckner in Curb Your Enthusiasm? : Loyd agree 100 %. I was at a Yankees-Red Sox spring training game in Ft. Lauderdale in 87 and these older woman(Sox fans) are booing him during batting practice saying quote" He blew the series." I gave them a piece of my mind and reminded them of Schiraldi and Gedman and Stanley etc... They still wouldn't listen. It was to no avail.
    Posted by jaytf25

That's the thing about idiots. They're too stupid to recognize they're idiots.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

Agreed with all of the sentiments above, but let's face it, a ball rolling between some one's legs to end a WS game has more charisma than the uncorking of a wild pitch earlier in the frame.  Sadly, Billy Buck will never live it down.  Well, he might, but the general public never will.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Michael J Fox is on next week. The show is funny but it is kind of predictable. I bet he questions Michael J about his Parkinson's and if it's real or not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'm sure Buckner did the show knowing that Larry would make him a hero at the end as the ultimate punchline. I would also bet if Larry said I'm just going to mock you and that's it, then Buckner might have told him to stuff it. So much baseball related stuff with Larry this year, including the Hall of Fame shutdown because he was all "juiced" up on Viagara pills.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I'm sure Buckner did the show knowing that Larry would make him a hero at the end as the ultimate punchline. I would also bet if Larry said I'm just going to mock you and that's it, then Buckner might have told him to stuff it. So much baseball related stuff with Larry this year, including the Hall of Fame shutdown because he was all "juiced" up on Viagara pills.
    Posted by dannycater

That was so classic, especially when he did the Palmeiro-like denial!
    Speaking of baseball-related, happen to catch Teixeira and A-Rod on "Entourage?"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Tex's line about I got 3 kids going to private school....Classic....it was both funny and of course ridiculous at the same time as any ballplayer making Tex money has too much money and there is almost no excuse for not having a 100 grand available for a buddy....I thought the Amare Stoudemire with Michael Strahan was a good bit too, as Turtle lied to Amare about Strahan committing to giving him money..."F U Turtle!"....great stuff

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Tex's line about I got 3 kids going to private school....Classic....it was both funny and of course ridiculous at the same time as any ballplayer making Tex money has too much money and there is almost no excuse for not having a 100 grand available for a buddy....I thought the Amare Stoudemire with Michael Strahan was a good bit too, as Turtle lied to Amare about Strahan committing to giving him money..."F U Turtle!"....great stuff
    Posted by dannycater

I'm really gonna miss that show. Series finale next week, is it?
    Oh, and we forgot Cuban!

Sections
Shortcuts