Dinty-Moore Turkey Stew

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: Dinty-Moore Turkey Stew

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Okay... I am hammered. I decided that plugging in the microwave and heating up a can of Dinty-Mooore Turkey was too much hastle. Actaully I use the microwave more as a bread-box. Inside I have  8 Cliff Bars and one package of Tortlilla Wraps.... it seemed like way too much effort to emove these items, plug in the micro, and get cookin'.

To be truthfull Dinty-Moore is a bit of a rarity here in Phnom Penh... so eating it cold is a bit of a let down. But when 9 Anchor beers are in your tummy and two hot dogs and a large fry have not satisfied your stomach... well you really are willing to eat about anything at that point.

I must tell you that 80% of it is potatoes, 15% carrots, 3% miscellaneous, and only 2% turkey.... though I guess there are no real turkeys in there. Cry

So here I have it... cold Dinty-Moore.... in a soup bowl. Cold and well sort of yucky. 

HAHA!!!!  Sounds like my Friday night last week!  loving the fact you're throwing down Anchor!  I am a HUGE beer snob and Anchor is one of my favorite breweries.  Here in northern New England they can be hard to come by.  When I tell people that 2 of my top favorite brews are Anchor Steam and Anchor Porter they look at me like I have 12 heads!  Nothing is better than a cold Anchor Porter on a winter afternoon up here!  CHEERS!

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Post Raisin Bran and skim milk will fill your stomach up and end your appetite for more food and drink, everytime!

Now, the methane gas side affects can't be avoided, but that's the way chemistry works. No way around one desired effect without another chemical effect. 

HAHA!!  I'm still trying to figure out what in the chemical makeup of that stuff turns it into a non recognizeable pile of sludge when it stays in milk for longer than 27.6 seconds....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Dinty-Moore Turkey Stew

thought this was going to be  a spoof on dayton moore

the GM of the royals for not making the PO after

making that gutsy trade  last yr

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Post Raisin Bran and skim milk will fill your stomach up and end your appetite for more food and drink, everytime!

Now, the methane gas side effect can't be avoided, but that's the way chemistry works. No way around one desired effect without another chemical effect. 

Well, there IS a way around the methane: all you need is a lit match. Saves on heating bills too.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Okay... I am hammered. I decided that plugging in the microwave and heating up a can of Dinty-Mooore Turkey was too much hastle. Actaully I use the microwave more as a bread-box. Inside I have  8 Cliff Bars and one package of Tortlilla Wraps.... it seemed like way too much effort to remove these items, plug in the micro, and get cookin'.

To be truthfull Dinty-Moore is a bit of a rarity here in Phnom Penh... though eating it cold is a bit of a let down it is somewhat rewarding; and when 9 Anchor beers are in your tummy and two hot dogs and a large fry have not satisfied your stomach... well you really are willing to eat about anything at that point.

I must tell you that 80% of it is potatoes, 15% carrots, 3% miscellaneous, and only 2% turkey.... though I guess there are no real turkeys in there. Cry

So here I have it... cold Dinty-Moore.... in a soup bowl. Cold and well sort of yucky. 

Nornally I refrain from devling into personal lives, but I am curious - why are you in Cambodia anyway?  

(If you refrain from answering, I get it.)

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Love the way this OP started, I am hammered. Speaking of hammered, ladies and gentlemen, I give you Bernie Kosar. Ex-Athlete of the week, picked up for DUI. Isn't Ex-Athlete, one of the saddest terms around? You used to be Johnny special, now you're a discount item at the Podunk Dollar Store. Life on the road, or in the fast lane as the Eagles said may not be good for long term sanity or sobriety. How much of a boozer do you have to be, to end up at age 60, passed out in a cornfield with an empty bottle of vodka, ala Carlton Fisk? How about a statue of Pudgie outside Fenway waving for a taxi? 

Burrito? Have you seen the new Ron Howard movie? If so, any parallels to NASCAR? How big is Cambodia? Not gonna miss Doc Rivers. Go down to Brooklyn, FOUGETABOUTIT. Does Tito get a standing O, should the Tribe come into Fenway this week? Nick Swisher is my kind of player. Rather see him than Longo and Meyers (SP?) 

Doesn't look like Girardi wants to come back to the Yanks, and why should he. That roster is great for old guys softball league. What song is currently in your head?

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts