Disrespect: where to draw the line here

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Disrespect: where to draw the line here

In response to djcbuffum's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And see, even this thread has devolved into "you started it" and "you're creepy" and "you got a problem wit me?" 

I wish people would stop talking to each other about each other, and just write about baseball.

"Who would have guessed it possible that waiting is sustainable, a place with its own harvests -- or that in time's fullness the diamonds of patience couldn't be distinguished from genuine brilliance or hardness." --Kay Ryan.

"Everything is happening, all the time, very fast. I like that." -- Warren Ellis

[/QUOTE]

I agree with your position. It seems quite reasonable. Too many posters here are writing in ways that are insulting, embarrassing, denigrating, and otherwise inappropriate IMO for a public forum. Posts are written that no one here would want their kids to read and posts are written that no one here would say to another poster face to face. Those IMO should be the guidelines: don't post stuff you wouldn't want your kid to read, and don't post stuff you would not say face to face to another poster. Just my own opinion.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

seriously pike Y not stand up

show respect 4 others and call yourself pike 789 and just keeping adding from there

rather than all these slimy feeling names U go by

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

And see, even this thread has devolved into "you started it" and "you're creepy" and "you got a problem wit me?" 

I wish people would stop talking to each other about each other, and just write about baseball.

"Who would have guessed it possible that waiting is sustainable, a place with its own harvests -- or that in time's fullness the diamonds of patience couldn't be distinguished from genuine brilliance or hardness." --Kay Ryan.

"Everything is happening, all the time, very fast. I like that." -- Warren Ellis

[/QUOTE]

I agree with your position. It seems quite reasonable. Too many posters here are writing in ways that are insulting, embarrassing, denigrating, and otherwise inappropriate IMO for a public forum. Posts are written that no one here would want their kids to read and posts are written that no one here would say to another poster face to face. Those IMO should be the guidelines: don't post stuff you wouldn't want your kid to read, and don't post stuff you would not say face to face to another poster. Just my own opinion.

[/QUOTE]

I took this thread as one to be open and I don't post comments on other threads which stir the pot.  Mod2 was looking for suggestions and I gave them.  I seldom respond to a certain poster because I know it will only end up as it has here.

I apologize for this thread if  anyone is annoyed by it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

First of all, I think everyone should bare in mind, the mods were asked, agreed, and are doing this on a voluntary basis. They have put a lot of time and effort, in an attempt to make the forum better, which I think they have.

I think the warning before banning, is a good policy. Maybe doing it by a personal message, other than on the forum, may be best, if possible. I don't know if the mods can leave a pm if the profile is not set to public. It's very difficult to draw a line in the sand, where the banning should begin and end. What bothers one, may not bother another. I think if the forum is better as a whole, that's the most we can ask for. Why there can't be civil discussions, is something I've never understood. Are the insults, attacks and snarkiness really necessary? Why should "anything go"? Is that what it's come to? No common courtesy or mutual respect for an opposing opinion, or poster. Ask yourselves this before you hit add your post. Would you want someone you know, to read your posts? Is it something you would say, if that person was standing in front of you?

And when you call Miscricket "Missy", you want us to believe that you aren't being snarky?  Or when you refer to me as Jackbu, you aren't trying to stir the pot?  Then there is a poster who wants to bring up something she thinks happened 5 years ago on another site which has been shut down for 4 years. When she doesn't get her apology she tells me I should have manned up.

First thing first and the insults to Bill should be deleted and those posters making the insults should be banned. 

[/QUOTE]

steven, for some reason you seem to have an issue with me. why, because I referred to you at times, by your previous screen name? Is it suppose to be a secret? You've made it clear, you're one in the same. I assumed you were unable to log in and had to create another, as others have.  I've addressed you as both, for no particular reason. Miscricket hasn't taken issue with it, but you have? That was not my intention, at all. I address many that way. It was just a take on the first part of her screen name. If I called her cricket would that also be misinterpreted? Why dont you put me on ignore or just skip over my posts, since they seem to bother you so much. The mods asked for suggestions on their moderating, and you came in here, and took aim at mine. You've done that numerous times, in other threads. If they bother you so much, why don't you put me on ignore or skip over them, instead of your personal attacks?

[/QUOTE]

JBay:  You like to stir the pot at times with the best of them.  You think anyone who speaks up against you or pete has issues.  Miscricket did mention something about your Missy comment.

I have never made a link to a past name.  Stay in the present, it is the best place to be.

[/QUOTE]

steven, I posts my opinions, and try to be respectful. I dont see any reason, not to be. I may not always be as successful as I'd like, but it's not my purpose. I don't think anyone has issues if they disagree with me, that's what the forum is for. If you interpret them that way, it's certainly not my intention. However, it's the internet and somethings may get lost in the translation. As far as Pete Abe, let's let it go. You've made it clear you don't like him and that's fine. I don't have a dog in that fight. If miscricket did, I didn't see it and she's welcome to address it, with me. If I remember correctly, there have been discussions about your previous screen name. I'm not sure what the issue is there, but whatever

Edit: I posted this in response, while other before it were posted. It will be my last on the issue. I suggest if posters have certain issues with others, they ignore the poster/posts. Easy enough

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

How about this:   All the people who like the rougher back and forth and calling people idiots and other endearing words, take their baseball talk over to the high school board, which hasn't had a post in forty six yes,, thats 46 days and leave the soft core people here  I don't think that would offend the people there who, if they are not dead already, might enjoy the company.  This would be especially beneficial to the pairs of Siamese twins ( no offense to our Burmese posters) who stalk each other through these threads  to demonstrate the intellectual gifts that resulted in their superior SAT scores. I think the Mods need a separate individual thread so they can interact (fight) over there differing views in how they should moderate the madhouse.  And why does mod 1 call himself modd1? That alone should cause some sort of conflict.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

This is baseball keep politics and religion out of it.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

The thing about internet arguments is it doesn't make a d@mn bit of difference if you win or loose. Sometimes its best to just let the sh¡t roll off your back, rather than respond to flaming assaults. If someone says something about you that's not right, or not fair, who cares? You don't have to defend yourself, because none of it matters at all. Just go back to talking about baseball.

(EDIT: This is not directed at anyone in particular, just an add-on to my lament about how often we devolve into talking about each other, and not about baseball). 

[/QUOTE]

The probelm usually stems from talking baseball though, buff. If someone says something about a player, or manager, for example, and another disagrees, it goes from there. I think if everyone just remembers it's an opinion, everyone is entitled to theirs, just debate it, it's why were here.  Insulting posters for having one is not the way to go, IMO.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

First of all, I think everyone should bare in mind, the mods were asked, agreed, and are doing this on a voluntary basis. They have put a lot of time and effort, in an attempt to make the forum better, which I think they have.

I think the warning before banning, is a good policy. Maybe doing it by a personal message, other than on the forum, may be best, if possible. I don't know if the mods can leave a pm if the profile is not set to public. It's very difficult to draw a line in the sand, where the banning should begin and end. What bothers one, may not bother another. I think if the forum is better as a whole, that's the most we can ask for. Why there can't be civil discussions, is something I've never understood. Are the insults, attacks and snarkiness really necessary? Why should "anything go"? Is that what it's come to? No common courtesy or mutual respect for an opposing opinion, or poster. Ask yourselves this before you hit add your post. Would you want someone you know, to read your posts? Is it something you would say, if that person was standing in front of you?

[/QUOTE]

And when you call Miscricket "Missy", you want us to believe that you aren't being snarky?  Or when you refer to me as Jackbu, you aren't trying to stir the pot?  Then there is a poster who wants to bring up something she thinks happened 5 years ago on another site which has been shut down for 4 years. When she doesn't get her apology she tells me I should have manned up.

First thing first and the insults to Bill should be deleted and those posters making the insults should be banned. 

[/QUOTE]

steven, for some reason you seem to have an issue with me. why, because I referred to you at times, by your previous screen name? Is it suppose to be a secret? You've made it clear, you're one in the same. I assumed you were unable to log in and had to create another, as others have.  I've addressed you as both, for no particular reason. Miscricket hasn't taken issue with it, but you have? That was not my intention, at all. I address many that way. It was just a take on the first part of her screen name. If I called her cricket would that also be misinterpreted? Why dont you put me on ignore or just skip over my posts, since they seem to bother you so much. The mods asked for suggestions on their moderating, and you came in here, and took aim at mine. You've done that numerous times, in other threads. If they bother you so much, why don't you put me on ignore or skip over them, instead of your personal attacks?

[/QUOTE]

JBay:  You like to stir the pot at times with the best of them.  You think anyone who speaks up against you or pete has issues.  Miscricket did mention something about your Missy comment.

I have never made a link to a past name.  Stay in the present, it is the best place to be.

[/QUOTE]

steven, I posts my opinions, and try to be respectful. I dont see any reason, not to be. I may not always be as successful as I'd like, but it's not my purpose. I don't think anyone has issues if they disagree with me, that's what the forum is for. If you interpret them that way, it's certainly not my intention. However, it's the internet and somethings may get lost in the translation. As far as Pete Abe, let's let it go. You've made it clear you don't like him and that's fine. I don't have a dog in that fight. If miscricket did, I didn't see it and she's welcome to address it, with me. If I remember correctly, there have been discussions about your previous screen name. I'm not sure what the issue is there, but whatever

Edit: I posted this in response, while other before it were posted. It will be my last on the issue. I suggest if posters have certain issues with others, they ignore the poster/posts. Easy enough

[/QUOTE]

Overall I think you are a good poster and I enjoy and thank you for your game threads.  I think you pick up some bad habits from a few posters who throw insults on a daily basis. The "Missy" comes across as "snarky" and condescending. Just my opinion, keep using it if you want.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

I apologize for once again letting steven11/jackbu/libertyplaza and all his other names, get under my skin.

Some people just rub you the wrong way, and nothing is worse than an outright liar.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I took this thread as one to be open and I don't post comments on other threads which stir the pot.  Mod2 was looking for suggestions and I gave them.  I seldom respond to a certain poster because I know it will only end up as it has here.

[/QUOTE]

Just curious Steven....if you are Jackbu (and I don't care one iota one way or the other) why not just say that was your previous screen name and you changed it? Apparently multiple usernames are not forbidden here...so who cares? Its a mystery to me why some folks want to use more than one at a time, but if thats what does it for them, go for it! Again, I am not making a judgement about who you are...and you do not need to respond to this either.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

/QUOTE]

irst thing first and the insults to Bill should be deleted and those posters making the insults should be banned. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Overall I think you are a good poster and I enjoy and thank you for your game threads.  I think you pick up some bad habits from a few posters who throw insults on a daily basis. The "Missy" comes across as "snarky" and condescending. Just my opinion, keep using it if you want.

[/QUOTE]

Same, and I can see how it could be. Obviously, it never occurred to me,  or I would never would have addressed her that way.  miscricket, if you read this, I meant no offense, at all, and apologize, if any was taken

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is baseball keep politics and religion out of it.   

[/QUOTE]

God darn it; I'll vote for that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just curious Steven....if you are Jackbu (and I don't care one iota one way or the other) why not just say that was your previous screen name and you changed it? Apparently multiple usernames are not forbidden here...so who cares? Its a mystery to me why some folks want to use more than one at a time, but if thats what does it for them, go for it! Again, I am not making a judgement about who you are...and you do not need to respond to this either.

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather everything come out in the open and move on from it with steven11/jackbu.

I think he's embarrassed and that's why he won't admit it. He got chewed apart last year with his Ortiz bashing, so I think he was looking for a fresh start. He did the same thing on the old FOX25 site. When ever he gets trapped he pulls out another screen name.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ok Pumpsie:  You are a poster who I respect and never would want to mislead.  I got banned using the name jackbu while in a non insulting conversation with fourb's.  I let a month go by and every time I came back, Fourb's and southpaw kept making links to jackbu and I kept getting bounced.  Southpaw would actually make comments like the mods knew who I was and did not want me here.

So I did not want to make a connection to that name. I watch what I say but it has been the mission of some including jbay to get me to confess.

I don't use another name on this site, despite what my arch enemy thinks. 

I have been thinking about having this conversation since the new mods took over.  Under the old system I was always in fear of getting bounced each time someone said jackbu.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think it is a difficult and thankless job for the Mods to try and determine who, if anyone , crosses the line and deserves to be banished. There will never be total agreement on it. Every once in a great while, there may be something so outrageous that something needs to be done, but it is pretty rare. We are all adults and should be able to deal with the minor annoyances. Personally, I kind of enjoy the Bill and Bogey show. I really don't see anything malicious. It all seems to be in good natured fun. There are a couple of posters who do continually flame, troll and try to antagonize and incite a reaction. If they do it in a subtle manner, it kind of flies under the radar. No one has to take the bait if they don't want to.  All in all, I think the banning of posters should be kept to a bare minimum. And, I think all posters should try not to be overly sensitive. Political comments are a part of everyday life. Don't get so bent out of shape by it.  That's my two cents worth. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather everything come out in the open and move on from it with steven11/jackbu.

I think he's embarrassed and that's why he won't admit it. He got chewed apart last year with his Ortiz bashing, so I think he was looking for a fresh start. He did the same thing on the old FOX25 site. When ever he gets trapped he pulls out another screen name.

[/QUOTE]

Pumpie: This would be a reason why.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

The truth shall set you free! 

One step at a time....you can have a huge weight lifted off your shoulder by telling the truth of a few more of your lies.

You can do it!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ok Pumpsie:  You are a poster who I respect and never would want to mislead.  I got banned using the name jackbu while in a non insulting conversation with fourb's.  I let a month go by and every time I came back, Fourb's and southpaw keep making links to jackbu and I kept getting bounced.  Southpaw would actually make comments like the mods knew who I was and did not want me here.

So I did not want to make a connection to that name. I watch what I say but it has been the mission of some including jbay to get me to confess.

I don't use another name on this site, despite what my arch enemy thinks. 

I have thinking about having this conversation since the new mods took over.  Under the old system I was always in fear of getting bounced each time someone said jackbu.

[/QUOTE]

Honestly, steven I just thought you couldn't get on and changed your screen name. I remember some back and forth about it on another thread or two,  but didn't think much about it. You referenced going to the games at Pawtucket and that's how I made the connections with Jackbu. You always would tell us about the games, players, prospects etc. at McCoy.  I don't remember you being banned or anything you referenced, but respect you for posting it. How about everyone just wipe the slate clean and we'll all move forward?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Ok Jbay, thanks and I am sorry if I misjudged you and you can see why I was a little sensitive about it. I would have loved to have made the connection to JackBu.  Sure I was wrong about Ortiz but made some great posts about JBJ having a gun and Xander's range and throwing issues.

I can still see my jackbu posts and look back and will say again, I was wrong about Ortiz.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

My two cents...

I will start by saying that this comment by Mod2 on the other thread really bothers me:

I would respectfully point out that if you were doing the moderating then you would also be "selectively deleting and banning, based on your biases". Since none of us are robots there will be some subjectivity involved.

It bothers me because I see the role of the moderators to be unbiased. Perhaps this is where the member/mod format may break down. I see the mod role as that as a de facto jury. You have to leave your biases at the door.  I think Soxchamps points out a great example of this when referring to the History of Baseball thread started by Bill. The mods jump on Bill because he made a political statement...yet let all the insults stand without comment. I know Bill is on a short leash, but my understanding is that some politics are permitted as long as they don't occur on the game thread. If this is the standard..then it should be applied to everyone equally. Not one standard for the rest of the board..and another standard for Bill. 

Another example? The ti t for tat that goes on between myself and 4B. 4B throws some snark my way...and sometimes I ignore him..and sometimes I toss some snark back. But..to both of our credit..it never goes on for more than a comment or two. However, on Friday, after he threw some snark my way and I responded in kind, that comment was deleted and I got my "hand slapped". So..if you are going to say "no snark" then it should apply to everyone..which goes to my next point:

If you are going to implement a forum rule..then it should be applied to everyone equally...everyone. Otherwise you create an environment like we have here.

I don't think the forum should be over-moderated. I think people should be allowed a little give and take. I don't take anything personally on this forum..no one should. I think the moderators should counsel users who are more thin skinned to make use of the ignore button. That being said..when a thread is being completely derailed by personal comments then I think the mods should weigh in and remind posters to keep the conversation on track. ( a warning of sorts). If after that some posters continue to derail a thread..then just delete the subsequent comments.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[/QUOTE]

How about everyone just wipe the slate clean and we'll all move forward?

[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more, as soon as steven11 can finish what he started.

He clears my name, I'll clear his..... and we can all be done with this.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

The truth shall set you free! 

One step at a time....you can have a huge weight lifted off your shoulder by telling the truth of a few more of your lies.

You can do it!

[/QUOTE]

I never lied about Jackbu, it just wasn't any of your business.  I will never understand why you feel the need to have all your questions answered. I will never understand why you scour my twitter account either.  Your obsession with me is more than just scary. 

I could care less who has past names on this site. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Ok Jbay, thanks and I am sorry if I misjudged you and you can see why I was a little sensitive about it. I would have loved to have made the connection to JackBu.  Sure I was wrong about Ortiz but made some great posts about JBJ having a gun and Xander's range and throwing issues.

I can still see my jackbu posts and look back and will say again, I was wrong about Ortiz.

No problem, we're good. Glad it was finally cleared up, because I couldn't figure out what was going on.  Whatever was said about Ortiz, you weren't the only one. More than a few, had more than a few things to say.  It was an opinion, at the time. We all have them and we are not always right. How many here had the opinion we'd win it all, last year? Not me, and not anyone I know. Enough said