Disrespect: where to draw the line here

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Disrespect: where to draw the line here

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ok Jbay, thanks and I am sorry if I misjudged you and you can see why I was a little sensitive about it. I would have loved to have made the connection to JackBu.  Sure I was wrong about Ortiz but made some great posts about JBJ having a gun and Xander's range and throwing issues.

I can still see my jackbu posts and look back and will say again, I was wrong about Ortiz.

[/QUOTE]

No problem, we're good. Glad it was finally cleared up, because I couldn't figure out what was going on.  Whatever was said about Ortiz, you weren't the only one. More than a few, had more than a few things to say.  It was an opinion, at the time. We all have them and we are not always right. How many here thought we'd win it last year? Not me and not anyone I know. enough said.

[/QUOTE]

Haha..funny you say that. I was stating into the spring of 2013 not to expect too much because it was a rebuilding year!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[/QUOTE]

I never lied about Jackbu, it just wasn't any of your business.  I will never understand why you feel the need to have all your questions answered. I will never understand why you scour my twitter account either.  Your obsession with me is more than just scary. 

I could care less who has past names on this site. 

[/QUOTE]

Why are you afraid of the truth?

I don't scour, as you say.....twitter is a public forum, I read lots of tweets sometimes yours cross over others I follow. There is no obsession,  just curiosity as to why you've said some of the things you've said then can't own up to them. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'd say a 2. I've never been for any kind of censorship, unless it is dangerous.

I do not think anyone should be banned, even though it was more enjoyable when softy and pike and their aliases were gone at the same time.

I don't mind a little politics here and there, but often it leads to long stretches off topic, but I wouldn't call it "disrespectful" or "discourteous", if that is what you are asking my opinion about.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[/QUOTE]

I took this thread as one to be open and I don't post comments on other threads which stir the pot.  Mod2 was looking for suggestions and I gave them.  I seldom respond to a certain poster because I know it will only end up as it has here.

I apologize for this thread if  anyone is annoyed by it.

[/QUOTE]

Just curious Steven....if you are Jackbu (and I don't care one iota one way or the other) why not just say that was your previous screen name and you changed it? Apparently multiple usernames are not forbidden here...so who cares? Its a mystery to me why some folks want to use more than one at a time, but if thats what does it for them, go for it! Again, I am not making a judgement about who you are...and you do not need to respond to this either.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather everything come out in the open and move on from it with steven11/jackbu.

I think he's embarrassed and that's why he won't admit it. He got chewed apart last year with his Ortiz bashing, so I think he was looking for a fresh start. He did the same thing on the old FOX25 site. When ever he gets trapped he pulls out another screen name.

[/QUOTE]

Pumpie: This would be a reason why.

[/QUOTE]

I cannot control what anyone else posts here. I find you to be a pretty reasonable poster. We don't always agree on things, but we disagree agreeably for the most part. If others are going to try to get under your skin for things that they think you used to do it does not reflect poorly on you; it reflects poorly on them. Hopefully now that your previous identity is cleared up with those who were on your case about it we can lay the issue to rest and they will address you by your current username. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to BmoreCommie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to djcbuffum's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The probelm usually stems from talking baseball though, buff. If someone says something about a player, or manager, for example, and another disagrees, it goes from there. I think if everyone just remembers it's an opinion, everyone is entitled to theirs, just debate it, it's why were here.  Insulting posters for having one is not the way to go, IMO.

[/QUOTE]

That's my point. Just ignore the insults, snarkiness, trash talk and keep on talking about baseball. 

[/QUOTE]
    How true. Ignore insults such as you are "boring", "have no sense of humor", "you are being too serious", " I was being tongue-in -cheek", "I was being sarcastic or it was satire", and " only trolling you". Put such posters onto ignore if they annoy you, otherwise if you respond in-kind you will be banned. Add them to your ignore list if you are a serious fan. If not then you should have a teflon finish.

[/QUOTE]

Just curious: are you the reincarnation of Pike? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

I have been on this board, off and on, for close to ten years.  I change my name, not to confuse people, or to hide who I am, but because I feel like it.

Personally I love this place when it is wild. Law Vs. Theo Chicks, Softie Vs Moon, Softie Vs me "Snakeoil" Harness Vs. Burrito. Classics all.

I think people should be banned if they threaten others, or use racist language.

Other than that. Who cares?  I am being serious here…who cares what other people say on an internet message board?

have fun and get messed up.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

and of course by the above I mean 2. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Which would you rather have... someone who says "Pitcher has a rubber arm" or someone who says "You are a loser I am glad your parents got divorced and that your dog got run over" ?

[/QUOTE]

Bingo, right there in a nut shell is why I loath my nemesis.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Which would you rather have... someone who says "Pitcher has a rubber arm" or someone who says "You are a loser I am glad your parents got divorced and that your dog got run over" ?

[/QUOTE]

Bingo, right there in a nut shell is why I loath my nemesis.

[/QUOTE]

See I actually prefer the latter.

Nothing is more fun in an argument then watching my opponent lose his mind.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I never lied about Jackbu, it just wasn't any of your business.  I will never understand why you feel the need to have all your questions answered. I will never understand why you scour my twitter account either.  Your obsession with me is more than just scary. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't scour, as you say.....twitter is a public forum, I read lots of tweets sometimes yours cross over others I follow. There is no obsession,  just curiosity as to why you've said some of the things you've said then can't own up to them. 

[/QUOTE]

IMO it appears that you are carrying on some sort of mission against Steven for reasons that are not clear to me. I have a suggestion: why not do it by private message and spare the rest of us from your persistence? I am not really interested in it. I doubt anyone else is either.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Mod2,  Seems like you have been at about a 9.  Should be closer to a 3 or 4.

We're not delicate children, so let's chill out on the censorship. 

Having said that, if you let billy run roughshod with the politics, I / we will have to listen to the hue & cry of all those who don't seem to possess the ability to ignore.  BOTH ARE OBNOXIOUS!

So......

It's settled!  3 - 4 it is

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And why are you persisting in needling him. He said his bit. You said yours. Let it go.

(Breaking all my rules with this post, dammit!).

[/QUOTE]

Because he is a pric k .....oops.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

See this, to me, is over the line. Not the name calling per se, but the fact that the entire purpose of the converation in question is to needle someone who you don't like, to agitate and, basically, to troll. That's disruptive and disrespectful to the board, and makes having good conversations about baseball more difficult. 

[/QUOTE]

Ahh, you missed steven11's first comment on this thread (that has been removed), my subsequent posts were in reply to the can of worms he opened here.

My pric k comment was tongue in cheek to your needle comment

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to sycophant123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have been on this board, off and on, for close to ten years.  I change my name, not to confuse people, or to hide who I am, but because I feel like it.

Personally I love this place when it is wild. Law Vs. Theo Chicks, Softie Vs Moon, Softie Vs me "Snakeoil" Harness Vs. Burrito. Classics all.

I think people should be banned if they threaten others, or use racist language.

Other than that. Who cares?  I am being serious here…who cares what other people say on an internet message board?

have fun and get messed up.

[/QUOTE]

I am glad you recall harness vs. Burrito .... most if not all loved it.... until after about  a year and it started to go too far.... and posters actually said "guys... its getting a bit too much" and they were right.... harness and I loved it to.... but finally we both went into all out hate mode... no mod banned one of us, no mod deleted our posts.... but the board members who liked both harness and I stood up and said "let's move on" ... and we did not long after....

I dream if those days in forum terms of life....  

And yes I miss soft law and his ways... and I miss "theo chicks" ... the board was made by a tremendous mix of determined wills and power, and posters who simply came to talk ball...... now it will be ruined by posters who's main response os "do you want to get banned?"

[/QUOTE]

I used to fight with Softlaw all the time, but he was the most entertaining poster on this board.  I would log on just to battle with him. Banning him for doing his thing was ridiculous.

Pike was boring but same with him. Why bother to ban someone just because they are irritating?

And yes Harness and Burrito became epic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

IMO it appears that you are carrying on some sort of mission against Steven for reasons that are not clear to me. I have a suggestion: why not do it by private message and spare the rest of us from your persistence? I am not really interested in it. I doubt anyone else is either.

[/QUOTE]

Feel free to place me on ignore pumpsie.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Just to be clear, my concern was never that the mods were being too lenient or too strict, but rather that they were being inconsistent and biased. The bias and unfairness seems to be directed at a small handful of posters, who can't so much as sneeze without getting a warning or having a post deleted, while others can be snarky, flame, antagonize, insult, or whatever without nary a warning.

I am not in favor of more censorship. I am not in favor of deleting posts or banning posters, except for in extreme cases. I enjoy reading most of the back and forth between posters, and I'm sure the posters involved enjoy it as well.  I find most of the snarky comments rather funny. Many posters try to stir the pot or flame. Often times, that makes for some very good baseball conversation.  

In short, I am not asking for stricter posting policies, just for consistency.   On a scale of 1-10, I would say 2.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Feel free to place me on ignore pumpsie.

[/QUOTE]

Thats your response to a reasonable suggestion? No one is interested in your senseless and bitter campaign against any other poster here...trust me. Another poster here also said he was disinterested in it and that it detracted from the substance of this forum. You are behaving like a spoiled two year old who will not listen to reasonable suggestions. Take a lesson from JBay: bury the hatchet and move on.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why does it matter?

So we can call him out and get him banned again?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I was reading the last few pages of the Moderator thread and am puzzled by what Mod2 and RedsoxKimmi are talking about when she says " Is it okay to instigate, flame, and insult, as long as it is not a poster's PRIMARY purpose".  First of all what does this mean? Please translate.

I believe that Kimmi thought differently about it than Mod2 did. I have no opinion on this until you explain it and provide an example.

I'd like to hear from both Mod2 and Kimmi on this since " instigating, flaming, and insulting" are prevalent on many sports forums.

In other forums, I've seen threads that are designed to flame posters as a group who are are pro or against management, chronic pessimists or those with irrational exuberance, or loyalists or bashers. Threads started to annoy either side should be treated equally and not just favor or ptotect the majority of the forum.

The primary purpose of a thread is often to flame a group and not an individual poster. The target is wide. A large net is cast to catch many fish. I don't see where that poster should be reprimanded or banned. Most threads in Internet forums are designed to instigate, flame, and annoy.

[/QUOTE] I don't like intentional flaming, stirring the pot, satire, sarcasm, trolling, and conning / insincerity unless you italicize it. If both sides do it then nobody should be banned or reprimanded. Other forums have more manpower to handle and enforce such activity. BDC and one moderator here can't do likewise. I don't get entertained with such nonsense. The other criteria or bottom line for the Globe to consider is the effect on Forum membership. Is it stagnant or growing? How many new members are there? 

[/QUOTE]

Well at least Pike is back.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]

Because he is a pric k .....oops.

[/QUOTE]

LOL    Funniest post ever!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to sycophant123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I was reading the last few pages of the Moderator thread and am puzzled by what Mod2 and RedsoxKimmi are talking about when she says " Is it okay to instigate, flame, and insult, as long as it is not a poster's PRIMARY purpose".  First of all what does this mean? Please translate.

I believe that Kimmi thought differently about it than Mod2 did. I have no opinion on this until you explain it and provide an example.

I'd like to hear from both Mod2 and Kimmi on this since " instigating, flaming, and insulting" are prevalent on many sports forums.

In other forums, I've seen threads that are designed to flame posters as a group who are are pro or against management, chronic pessimists or those with irrational exuberance, or loyalists or bashers. Threads started to annoy either side should be treated equally and not just favor or ptotect the majority of the forum.

The primary purpose of a thread is often to flame a group and not an individual poster. The target is wide. A large net is cast to catch many fish. I don't see where that poster should be reprimanded or banned. Most threads in Internet forums are designed to instigate, flame, and annoy.

[/QUOTE] I don't like intentional flaming, stirring the pot, satire, sarcasm, trolling, and conning / insincerity unless you italicize it. If both sides do it then nobody should be banned or reprimanded. Other forums have more manpower to handle and enforce such activity. BDC and one moderator here can't do likewise. I don't get entertained with such nonsense. The other criteria or bottom line for the Globe to consider is the effect on Forum membership. Is it stagnant or growing? How many new members are there? 

[/QUOTE]

Well at least Pike is back.

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully not for long.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why does it matter?

So we can call him out and get him banned again?

[/QUOTE]

I do not believe that posters who were permanently banned should be allowed to post here any more. Pike was uniquely suited for being banned. Nearly all his posts were about other posters and were critical of them. Also, he at times would publish details here about a poster that were personal in nature. Apparently (second hand information) at one time he published the real name and town of one of the posters here; that is simply inappropriate. So yes, if its pretty clear its Pike, I think, as JBay said, he made his bed here and should lie in it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]

Hopefully not for long.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, just what I thought.