Disturbing Signs

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Re: Disturbing Signs

In response to Yaz's comment:

Losing to Houston without scoring is a very disturbing sign. Sometimes the Red Sox make mediocre pitchers look like Cy-Young winners. The need to wake-up quick because if they get swept by the worst team in baseball and then go to KC which is red-hot, well, 2011 make be repeating itself.

Regretfully I must agree!... Hope Houston will be the wake up call this FO and manager need!...Buch too!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Losing to Houston without scoring is a very disturbing sign. Sometimes the Red Sox make mediocre pitchers look like Cy-Young winners. The need to wake-up quick because if they get swept by the worst team in baseball and then go to KC which is red-hot, well, 2011 make be repeating itself.

One-game losing streaks will happen almost every week.  If the streak hits a 2-game losing streak, that also happens about weekly.

Before our current one-game losing streak, we had won 7-9.  Before that, we lost 6-9.  Before that, we had a 4-game winning streak, a 3-game losing streak, and a 5-game winning streak and a 4-game winning streak.

In 2007, we had 5 losing streaks of 3 or more.

In 2012, we had 7 winning streaks of 3 or more.

In a perfectly randomized world, the odds against a 3-game streak is 8-1, meaning you should have ~ 20 such streaks each year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Know what, Red Sox played great all week last week eventhough they lost couple games which it could have gone either way.  Same goes to most of their wins too.  Like last nite, they should have won the game if they have better focus at the plate.  Now tonite, they put a rookie pitcher where Lavarnway had too many pass balls which he gave Houston ahead start of the game.  I cant understand why suddenly Lavarnway have a hard time tonite if he was catching for him in AAA. 

Well, like someone said, the game is not over til it is over.  If they lose tonite, they will come out mad tomorrow nite and try to avoid sweep. 

Right now Farrell is trying to give starter an extra day rest to finish the season.  The Red Sox never had a healthy five man rotation in most part of the season.  Farrell just want to make sure he have enough healthy starters to help the team to get into the playoff for the rest of the season as well for the playoff team.   That is what happen two years ago.  Tito didnt give anyone an extra day rest.  He forced everyone to pitch every five starts where they all mostly broke down in the month of August and Sept.  Then they suddenly choked at the end!!

Relax everyone!!  The score now is 6 to 7!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

8-7 now, but the object here is to panic inning by inning.  By count, the two pitchers that worked tonight so far are our #11 SP and our #9 SP.  Even if we lose tonight, I'm not going to unravel over one #11 SP getting hit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

8-7 now, but the object here is to panic inning by inning.  By count, the two pitchers that worked tonight so far are our #11 SP and our #9 SP.  Even if we lose tonight, I'm not going to unravel over one #11 SP getting hit.

This kind of validates the trade for Peavy. I admit I was willing to go with Workman as the fifth starter until Buchholz was ready, but this shows that it was probably better to go with Peavy over Workman.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

But why can Workman starts tonite instead replacing Wright with a limit warm up??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

But why can Workman starts tonite instead replacing Wright with a limit warm up??

Workman worries me. ! good outing, then a terrible one, I agree with needed Peavy

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Losing to Houston doesn't worry me nearly as much as being shut out by them. It's nice to be able to score 15 runs the following night, but I'd really love to find a way to score at least 2-3 runs every game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

This kind of validates the trade for Peavy. I admit I was willing to go with Workman as the fifth starter until Buchholz was ready, but this shows that it was probably better to go with Peavy over Workman.

Me too, but that's why these people get paid millions.  They know the difference between the Gabbards of the world and the Lesters.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigdog1. Show bigdog1's posts

Guy's it's toward the end of the season!  many of these player's are hurting with several small injuries.  Our pitching will prevail along with some help from the farm in September.  This is going to be a very difficult road trip, but we are also going to be facing clubs with the same problem.  EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE ALLRIGHT!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to lasitter's comment:

Losing to Houston doesn't worry me nearly as much as being shut out by them. It's nice to be able to score 15 runs the following night, but I'd really love to find a way to score at least 2-3 runs every game.

That's just not possible.  You're facing a different starter every game, and if that starter has his best stuff, you're at a severe disadvantage.  The Tigers have the best offense, and they've been shut out 7 times.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to jader's comment:

Workman worries me. ! good outing, then a terrible one, I agree with needed Peavy

how can you use last nite as a terrible one.  He didnt start the game.  He was sitting in the bullpen while Wright warmed up for a while before he started the game.  Workman just came in the game as an emergency starter due Lavarnway had trouble catching his pitches.  Meaning Workman never had a good long warm up.

Wait until the next time if he is pencil to start that game, and then we can try to see if he is a worthy consistant starter!!

I rather to have him over Dempster!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

+1 !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

In response to lasitter's comment:

That's just not possible.  You're facing a different starter every game, and if that starter has his best stuff, you're at a severe disadvantage.  The Tigers have the best offense, and they've been shut out 7 times.

Actually, WE have the best offense, both in terms of runs scored and OPS. And the Tigers are saddled with no-hit Iggy who is batting .158/.474 as of this morning.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to jader's comment:

how can you use last nite as a terrible one.  He didnt start the game.  He was sitting in the bullpen while Wright warmed up for a while before he started the game.  Workman just came in the game as an emergency starter due Lavarnway had trouble catching his pitches.  Meaning Workman never had a good long warm up.

Wait until the next time if he is pencil to start that game, and then we can try to see if he is a worthy consistant starter!!

Prior to last night Workman had three very good starts. Guess what: he isn't going to dominate every start, and last night was an aberrancy since he didn't really start the game. I saw him pitch vs Oakland; he is the real deal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Actually, WE have the best offense, both in terms of runs scored and OPS. And the Tigers are saddled with no-hit Iggy who is batting .158/.474 as of this morning.

OK.  Tigers have a very slight edge in runs scored per game.

Sections
Shortcuts