Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxNation4Ever. Show RedSoxNation4Ever's posts

Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You?

I cringe often when reading comments from Adrian as they occasionally come across as "don't question us" or "I know best" mentality.  Last year, I did care, call me a naive fan, but I did hope he was going to win the homr run contest, it is why i kept watching.  At the conclusion, his comment "no big deal" while correct, still made me question why be a fan.  His latest comment as to ya gotta eat something "if not chicken it would be steak" makes me feel even angrier about losing Tito.   DeValentine is a great hire.  I just wondered if those type of comments irritate others as much as they do me?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You?

Your OP bothers me much more than anything that Adrian ever said.  Your moniker that tries to tell the World that you are indeed a loyal Red Sox fan gives your act away and colors it as phony. Will your next moniker be IBleedRedSoxRed. LOL.

In respect to the chicken, are you aware that the buffet table and other food is available all day long in the clubhouse. The issue was much ado over nothing and so is your thread. Troll on pal but you better do better than this or you'll fail trolling 101. Shame on you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You?:
    Your OP bothers me much more than anything that Adrian ever said.  Your moniker that tries to tell the World that you are indeed a loyal Red Sox fan gives your act away and colors it as phony. Will your next moniker be IBleedRedSoxRed. LOL.   In respect to the chicken, are you aware that the buffet table and other food is available all day long in the clubhouse. The issue was much ado over nothing and so is your thread. Troll on pal but you better do better than this or you'll fail trolling 101. Shame on you.
    Posted by lowelll

+1 Perfect response.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Not really very much. I see where you're coming from, but I think Adrian is trying not to be the focus. Remember, it wasn't HIM who did any of that stuff, so commenting too much on it would come across a bit self righteous. Let the guilty
    comment, and I think to an extent we heard that from Beckett and Lester today. At least, as much as we're probably going to get for now. If they win the WS this year, we'll hear some REAL confessions about what happened in 2011.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Your OP bothers me much more than anything that Adrian ever said.  Your moniker that tries to tell the World that you are indeed a loyal Red Sox fan gives your act away and colors it as phony. Will your next moniker be IBleedRedSoxRed. LOL.   In respect to the chicken, are you aware that the buffet table and other food is available all day long in the clubhouse. The issue was much ado over nothing and so is your thread. Troll on pal but you better do better than this or you'll fail trolling 101. Shame on you.
    Posted by lowelll

I think I have to side with you on this one pike. While I have to admit that the OP was probably said more with worry than anger? I'm giving the benefit of the doubt.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : why , R U  sure that the buffet is open 24/7 to the original post agon seems like a great guy but I had to chuckle the other day when him being a leader was discussed '' to many sunday nights games'' '' god wanted it that way '' '' people have to eat whether it's chicken or steak '' the guy obviously doesn't get what playing in boston / ny is all about yet
    Posted by pinstripezac

A lot of it sounds like stuff Manny would say...but Manny used to hit like a madman against the Yankees...that's what Adrian needs to do too. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

no

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : why , R U  sure that the buffet is open 24/7 to the original post agon seems like a great guy but I had to chuckle the other day when him being a leader was discussed '' to many sunday nights games'' '' god wanted it that way '' '' people have to eat whether it's chicken or steak '' the guy obviously doesn't get what playing in boston / ny is all about yet
    Posted by pinstripezac

In fairness Zac, he said those things after the last game, which wasn't the best time to be answering anything. The discussion about Adrian was his comment about becoming more of a leader this year. It's a hard role to take on the first year with a new team. My best guess is, after the way the season ended and the off season, he's learned all to well what playing in Boston is all about, for better or worse

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Fans will do anything to find reason to be mad...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

Don't the Yankees have a clubhouse that has unlimited food choices for ballplayers who are hungry or thirsty all day long on game days?

Why make a mountain out of a molehill when a player complains that the Red Sox had to play many Sunday night ESPN night games which sent them into many cities tired without sleep.

Why be critical of a player, celebrity, or next door neighbor because he believes in God. Did you go to your mother's funeral and insult sympathetic grievers because they said that your Mom was in a better place now?

The buffet table has chicken, steak, ribs, shrimp, lobster, cheese, pizza, and fried fish on it. It is the same in the Yankee clubhouse. Why does a Yankee fan become so self-righteous about the Red Sox buffet table or fried chicken and the Bob Hohler column? 

Once again a forum  concern pretender is trying to make " much ado about nothing". Such nonsense is exactly why the forum is dying - dead. Look at the absence of activity. You have obviously insulted the intelligence of all members and newbies who have left. Nice job.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Maybe Adrian wants to discuss something besides last year.  I've seen people do something good, but then they were still talking about it two years later, and it sounds a bit lame.  As a RS fan, I'd rather ask Adrian's opinion of his shoulder, and he thinks he can do any better in 2012.

I think it's just a little lazy on writers' parts to not develope new ideas.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxNation4Ever. Show RedSoxNation4Ever's posts

The name "RedSoxNation4Ever" was started by my Grandfather.  He recently passed on, and my dad told me of this account.  Being honest might cost me the privilege of signing in under his account, but it is a honor to remember him and his love for this team.    
      He always visited with me about the Red Sox,dating back to his memories of the late fifties and sixties.  I have normally been very positive about the Sox in my few posts.  He sometimes let it fly when frustrated.  :-)
       Blaming me for the loss of participation at this board, might reveal more about the accuser than me.  Sorry if a concern about a Red Sox players quotes, and wondering not about his ability but focus, is not acceptable here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from louandjan. Show louandjan's posts

adrian's comments didn't bother me at all. he was trying to downplay the hype on chicken and beer. we red sox fans need to ley it go. the players know they messed up royally.  so give them a break.   they will be on a mission this year. ragging on them is not going to help them or us fans.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

gonzalez is j.d. drew with much more production imo....he doesnt get too down or too high...i dont see why it would bother anyone....i dont know what you would expect him to say.....either way it would be a story, if he went the other way when asked the questions, he would be crucified for throwing his teammates under the bus and people would say he wasnt a good team player....give the guy a break, he came to boston from the NL last year and absolutely raked all season

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Love it! I totally respect you for carrying on your grandfather's legacy. The passing down of love for the Red Sox, and passion for the game in general, is what keeps The Nation strong. Post whatever you like here friend, as long as it's done with civility and doesn't violate the TOS. Only weak minded fools fear others opinions. The rest of us will simply accept or refute them based upon their merits. Censorship of appropriately expressed views is the domain of totalitarians and cowards. It has no place in a civilised society.

As for Adrian, I understand your surprise at his comments...but advise patience. He's recently been asked by Bobby and Lucchino to try to be a more outspoken team leader. This may not come naturally to him, so I'd cut him some slack if he makes the occasional mistake. I've publicly called for Ortiz to be made a team captain, because exerting leadership more naturally flows with his personality type. But because we've decided against a longer term comittment to David (mistake!!!!), Adrian is being asked to fill the role. I see us adding talent next season, so hopefully we'll nab a guy or two more suited to the role. 

The name "RedSoxNation4Ever" was started by my Grandfather.  He recently passed on, and my dad told me of this account.  Being honest might cost me the privilege of signing in under his account, but it is a honor to remember him and his love for this team.       He always visited with me about the Red Sox,dating back to his memories of the late fifties and sixties.  I have normally been very positive about the Sox in my few posts.  He sometimes let it fly when frustrated.  :-)    Blaming me for the loss of participation at this board, might reveal more about the accuser than me.  Sorry if a concern about a Red Sox players quotes, and wondering not about his ability but focus, is not acceptable here.
    Posted by RedSoxNation4Ever

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

OMG Adrian lost the HR contest and didn't think that it was the end of the world. I am going to go to Yawkey Way and turn in my fandom in the morning. How could he say such a thing?

And the last straw was his downplaying of the Chickengate fiasco, I mean didn't we cricify El Guapo for eating all of the buffet table all by himself? How could be AGon be so out of tune with Red Sox history and what is right or wrong.  Such cardinal sins that AGon made so little of, shame on him.

A very successful troll indeed who started this thread, write down his name. It is RedSoxNation4Ever.  A troll with a Merit Badge.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

I know that I sometimes come across as arrogant and apologize in advance for the fact that I can't really understand what the OP is saying.

Between poorly phrased and vague allusion to supposed comments and incompletely written thoughts...what's the question again?

Was there something that someone named Adrian said?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : +1 Perfect response.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor

+2

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Posted by lowelll
    You haven't a clue about when the buffet is laid out, available, and on what terms. You make it sound as if players are more or less tempted to visit the buffet and pig out from the moment they arrive at the park until the moment they leave -- and, if the game bores them, to spend more time during a game pigging out than possibly being of some use on the bench.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chronic352. Show chronic352's posts

In response to "Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You?":
    In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : no worries  RedSoxNation4Ever the poster that attacked you is the one with the problem not you he has a bunch of different accounts but attacking posters is pretty much all he does nice touch keeping your grand dads account the most recent pickettes teilhardian, lowell, fort meade & utica Posted by pinstripezac
    Yep!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to "Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You?": Yep!
    Posted by chronic352

It's nice to see Zac's Internet fans showing up with their handful of posts since 2008. Probably explains alot of the random posting on the board from posters no one knows who have been here for four years or more. Or, maybe you're just Zac. I mean who knows? Calling Yankee fans out on multiple aliases is not that popular here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

OMG Adrian lost the HR contest and didn't think that it was the end of the world. I am going to go to Yawkey Way and turn in my fandom in the morning. How could he say such a thing? And the last straw was his downplaying of the Chickengate fiasco, I mean didn't we cricify El Guapo for eating all of the buffet table all by himself? How could be AGon be so out of tune with Red Sox history and what is right or wrong.  Such cardinal sins that AGon made so little of, shame on him. A very successful troll indeed who started this thread, write down his name. It is RedSoxNation4Ever.  A troll with a Merit Badge.
    Posted by FortMeade

HAHAHAHA!  What a riot - rare - but funny.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

I find myself saying to my kids, "  you asked me a question and I gave you an answer, If you don't like my answer that now becomes your problem"  Asking these guys to give the perfect answer is an impossible task.  Someone is bound to be ticked off.  As my signature says:  dont forget the past...............but at the same time don't dwell on it either.  I for one don't care what they say because its all just smoke, I care how they play.

Sections
Shortcuts