Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You?

The quote " It wasn't meant to be" could have come from:

Someone who just lost $500 at the roulette wheel in Las Vegas.

A lady who bought sixty lottery tickets in New Hampshire and had no winner.

A Notre Dame basketball player who has a 3-pointer fall off the rim in the final seconds and lost 98-96.

A bowler who left the ten pin standing and had to settle for a 299 score.

A golfer whose put rimmed the hole on the 18th hole and lost by one stroke.

THIS THREAD IS MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING. ANOTHER STUPID THREAD.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : I see it differently with Gonzalez.  Surely, a comparison can be made between JD and Adrian in regard to there low-profile personalities and low-key energy.  But, I think with Adrian, he just a soft-spoken conservative spirit.  He doesn't want to ever rock the boat.  That is different than nonchallance i think.  His interview always seem awkward because of this.  Like, he has trouble even being smooth with the stock pat lines.  And, when he says anything he hasn't said before, he comes out with hilariously awkward things like that "whether its chicken or steak" comment.  I think he sees his duty as to not rock the boat.  But, you look at this guys work ethic and consistency and the fact that he played last year, without one complaint or even reference to, with residual shoulder pain from surgery which may have significantly affected his hitting, and you get a very different picture than that of one who doesn't care.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

agree again space. He's understated, no doubt about it. I'm thinking some of that may have been due to being thrown into the glare of the Boston media fest after coming from the left coast, where understated is understated

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]The quote " It wasn't meant to be" could have come from: Someone who just lost $500 at the roulette wheel in Las Vegas. A lady who bought sixty lottery tickets in New Hampshire and had no winner. A Notre Dame basketball player who has a 3-pointer fall off the rim in the final seconds and lost 98-96. A bowler who left the ten pin standing and had to settle for a 299 score. A golfer whose put rimmed the hole on the 18th hole and lost by one stroke. THIS THREAD IS MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING. ANOTHER STUPID THREAD.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

Completely agree, people try to find reason in defeat....why pick apart every little thing someone say?  Because someone didn't say or act how you would in that situation you need to pick them apart and tear them down...I don't think that's right. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : I see it differently with Gonzalez.  Surely, a comparison can be made between JD and Adrian in regard to there low-profile personalities and low-key energy.  But, I think with Adrian, he just a soft-spoken conservative spirit.  He doesn't want to ever rock the boat.  That is different than nonchallance i think.  His interview always seem awkward because of this.  Like, he has trouble even being smooth with the stock pat lines.  And, when he says anything he hasn't said before, he comes out with hilariously awkward things like that "whether its chicken or steak" comment.  I think he sees his duty as to not rock the boat.  But, you look at this guys work ethic and consistency and the fact that he played last year, without one complaint or even reference to, with residual shoulder pain from surgery which may have significantly affected his hitting, and you get a very different picture than that of one who doesn't care.

I'm not saying he doesn't care or that he doesn't have a strong work ethic, he just strikes me as a guy who at the end of the day isn't taking a loss as hard as other guys might.  Again, I don't profess to know these things to be true, just how he strikes me. 

As to the shoulder, I agree it bothered him last year, especially in the 2nd half, which is why I could never figure out what he was doing the HR derby.  There is precedence for the HR derby having negative effects on players through the 2nd half, so why would Adrian or the Red Sox subject his shoulder to that?  He had a an absolute power outage for a good month and a half following the HR derby.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : I'm not saying he doesn't care or that he doesn't have a strong work ethic, he just strikes me as a guy who at the end of the day isn't taking a loss as hard as other guys might.  Again, I don't profess to know these things to be true, just how he strikes me.  As to the shoulder, I agree it bothered him last year, especially in the 2nd half, which is why I could never figure out what he was doing the HR derby.  There is precedence for the HR derby having negative effects on players through the 2nd half, so why would Adrian or the Red Sox subject his shoulder to that?  He had a an absolute power outage for a good month and a half following the HR derby.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I mean, as a litigator (I am not one, but I play one on TV), I know that the derby evidence is totally circumstantial.  But, it is hard to  overlook.  Boneheaded, even if it didn't cause the power outage.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : Completely agree, people try to find reason in defeat....why pick apart every little thing someone say?  Because someone didn't say or act how you would in that situation you need to pick them apart and tear them down...I don't think that's right. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

How true. Zac claims that it represents conduct unbeming of a leader. What a croc of BS that is. Are these people for real in here?Can you imagine criticizing your boss for making that comment while golfing?

Boss: "that putt nearly fell in the hole, it just wasn't meant to be"

Employee: "Stop making excuses Mr. Mitchell, you blew it and you know it".

Boss: " Tom, see me in my office first thing in the morning."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

A true leader would shoulder the blame, not just pass it off as an act of god. I mean, if there really is a god I would think he has more on his plate than deciding who makes the playoffs or not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]A true leader would shoulder the blame, not just pass it off as an act of god. I mean, if there really is a god I would think he has more on his plate than deciding who makes the playoffs or not.
    Posted by TBSHBT1969[/QUOTE]

Babe!  Long time no see, I think.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

[QUOTE]A true leader would shoulder the blame, not just pass it off as an act of god. I mean, if there really is a god I would think he has more on his plate than deciding who makes the playoffs or not.

Long time, no see Tampa Bay Troll. I do hope that your trolling has improved since the lasttime you were here as TBSHBT2.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : Babe!  Long time no see, I think.

Hey Space. Hope all is well. Had a tough fall, my dad fell very ill and passed away in December. Was actually up in Red Hook on New Year's Day for a ceremony for my dad. Got a really nice letter from Ray Kelly about my dad's passing. 

But looking forward to some spring training. Might be up in mid May to catch a game. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : Hey Space. Hope all is well. Had a tough fall, my dad fell very ill and passed away in December. Was actually up in Red Hook on New Year's Day for a ceremony for my dad. Got a really nice letter from Ray Kelly about my dad's passing.  But looking forward to some spring training. Might be up in mid May to catch a game. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

Sorry about your Dad Babe. No matter how old, sick or expected it is hard to see them go. May your warm memories comfort and always be with you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Looks like Spaceman is and was one of Troll Babe's top enablers and bosom buddies. I had a feeling that this was the case before. No shame.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : Sorry About your Dad Babe. No matter how old, sick or expected it is hard to see them go. May your warm memories comfort and always be with you.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Thanks JBay. I had the benefit of him living with me for the past 7 yrs, something alot of people don't have the opportunity to do. So, no regrets but lots of fond memories.

I see pike and his various monikers are still the same sticks in the mud around here. From what I have seen glancing around the boards, he has now even resorted to the smiley-like tatics of answering himself from another alias. Seems the only one he is fooling is himself.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : J-BAY, fellow Yankee fan and Babe enabler comes out of the Yankee closet.

Looks like the real babe is here beavis.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]J-Bay and Space have welcomed back Troll Babe with open arms. Where are Mikey, Nagy, NHSteven, Jeter, Jessey, and the other Yankee trolls. Let's party, the trolling season is about to explode. Georom was doing overtime, he needs a rest.

Wait, where have I seen this before?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

What bothers me is that we are still forcing the players, whether they had or didn't have anything to do with what happened last fall talk about it ad nauseum.

MOVE ON.  GET OVER IT IT.  THIS IS 2012.  

This is typical Boston sports media BS at its finest.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Babe is Johnny Carson and Spaceman is Ed McMahon. Great team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Babe is Johnny Carson and Spaceman is Ed McMahon. Great team.

You are correct sir

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]Good cop, bad cop. It really works and fools nearly everyone. If needed J-Bay fills in.

How would you know?

There's only one cop in Greenwich.

One red light. One cop. Downtown Greenwich on a Friday night.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

P

Pike, Utica Club, Fort Meade, Lowelll this is your miserable life:

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Good cop, bad cop. It really works and fools nearly everyone. If needed J-Bay fills in.

Hahaha.  Man, your cyber-paranoia levels are the stuff of Darren Aronofsky films.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

Your welcoming back someone who was banned over 200 times for being an obvious troll, insulting others, name calling, and annoying all Red Sox fans 24 / 7 is really sickening. How can you possibly be friends with such a despicable person? You facade of being an avid Red Sox fan is now shattered. Many forum members despised this guy and your are a personal fan of him. Unbelievable. Your credibility has just taken a nose dive.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

[QUOTE]Your welcoming back someone who was banned over 200 times for being an obvious troll, insulting others, name calling, and annoying all Red Sox fans 24 / 7 is really sickening. How can you possibly be friends with such a despicable person? You facade of being an avid Red Sox fan is now shattered. Many forum members despised this guy and your are a personal fan of him. Unbelievable. Your credibility has just taken a nose dive.
    Posted by FortMeade[/QUOTE]

That's funny pike, you just described yourself in a nutshell.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

[QUOTE]You are welcoming back someone who was banned over 200 times for being an obvious troll, insulting others, name calling, and annoying all Red Sox fans 24 / 7 is really sickening. How can you possibly be friends with such a despicable person? You facade of being an avid Red Sox fan is now shattered. Many forum members despised this guy and your are a personal fan of him. Unbelievable. Your credibility has just taken a nose dive.
    Posted by FortMeade[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The "too many Sunday Night games" comment to me was inexcusable and it speaks to the JD Drew streak I'm talking about.

Not for nothing, but I said the same thing before Gonzo.  I was annoyed at the 9/8 game at TO.  It was Thurs, so why wasn't it a matinee?  We had to fly to TB that night.  There seemed to be a lot, but not playing a matinee at TO annoyed me.

Past that, it seems like a simple matter of comparing the record.  He is either right or wrong.