Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You?

In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You?:
    The "too many Sunday Night games" comment to me was inexcusable and it speaks to the JD Drew streak I'm talking about. Not for nothing, but I said the same thing before Gonzo.  I was annoyed at the 9/8 game at TO.  It was Thurs, so why wasn't it a matinee?  We had to fly to TB that night.  There seemed to be a lot, but not playing a matinee at TO annoyed me. Past that, it seems like a simple matter of comparing the record.  He is either right or wrong.
    Posted by Joebreidey

Being in the prime time games is part of being on a team that contends. Maybe he's just not cut out for that and should ask to be traded back to SD or maybe Pittsburgh would be more up his alley.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

A true leader would shoulder the blame, not just pass it off as an act of god. I mean, if there really is a god I would think he has more on his plate than deciding who makes the playoffs or not.
    Posted by TBSHBT1969

Not really agreeing with this.  A leader finds out where the problem is.  He takes the blame if it is his to take.  Saying 'it's my fault' takes away attention from those whose fault it might be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : Not really agreeing with this.  A leader finds out where the problem is.  He takes the blame if it is his to take.  Saying 'it's my fault' takes away attention from those whose fault it might be.
    Posted by Joebreidey

Understood and I don't really think agon is to blame, but passing the buck and saying it wasn't in god's plans doesn't hold much water IMO. Either say nothing or lay the blame squarely where it is deserved.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

2004 ALCS Game 5 The Yankees threatened in the top of the ninth when former Red Sock Tony Clark hit a ball to deep right with two outs, but the ball took a hop over the short right-field wall for a ground-rule double , forcing Rubén Sierra to stop at third base, where he was stranded to set up another extra-inning marathon. Had the ball not taken the funny hop into the stands the Yankees would have won the game and the ALCS. Millions of fans after the heartbreaking ALCS loss were saying to themselves " It wasn't meant to be". "It seemed like some spirit, karma, God was against the Yankees." "Red Sox had God on their side".
    Posted by FortMeade

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Your welcoming back someone who was banned over 200 times for being an obvious troll, insulting others, name calling, and annoying all Red Sox fans 24 / 7 is really sickening. How can you possibly be friends with such a despicable person? You facade of being an avid Red Sox fan is now shattered. Many forum members despised this guy and your are a personal fan of him. Unbelievable. Your credibility has just taken a nose dive.
    Posted by FortMeade

FWIW, its an open internet sports chat room.  If you can't handle the troll heat get out of the bdc kitchen and get cozy with the nice Sons of Sam Horn folks.  They have nice civilized talk amongst civilized, astute Sox fans.  Me?  I'm a Worcester public school kid.  I like it raw.  I like yankee 'trolls' on here as well as pink hats and all types, even crazy individuals who feel the need to police the place and make sure all the trolls and closet-yankee fans are exposed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : FWIW, its an open internet sports chat room.  If you can't handle the troll heat get out of the bdc kitchen and get cozy with the nice Sons of Sam Horn folks.  They have nice civilized talk amongst civilized, astute Sox fans.  Me?  I'm a Worcester public school kid.  I like it raw.  I like yankee 'trolls' on here as well as pink hats and all types, even crazy individuals who feel the need to police the place and make sure all the trolls and closet-yankee fans are exposed.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

LOL!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

It's amazing how Babe showing up increases the Zac's post count. Add that to the Truefan crowd's support, and this board is really something.

Babe returning once again because, as he admits, he needs to go after Sox fans here because they invade his town during spring training. And here he is once again at the start of spring training -- with his support in tow. It even includes the Sox fan sharpshooter. I bet the Patriots' fans are glad he's a Red Sox fan, but not a Patriots' fan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : FWIW, its an open internet sports chat room.  If you can't handle the troll heat get out of the bdc kitchen and get cozy with the nice Sons of Sam Horn folks.  They have nice civilized talk amongst civilized, astute Sox fans.  Me?  I'm a Worcester public school kid.  I like it raw.  I like yankee 'trolls' on here as well as pink hats and all types, even crazy individuals who feel the need to police the place and make sure all the trolls and closet-yankee fans are exposed.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

At least you admit he's a troll, that's the first step. It is interesting how you call a Sox fan "crazy", when your pal Babe says he intentionally comes here to go after Sox fans because they invade his town during spring training. That sounds completely normal.

But don't worry, because support of Yankee fans -- bad or good -- is a prerequisite here, and you've already fulfilled that obligation. And there are trolls on all sports boards on the Internet, they're just not welcomed as returning heroes when they arrive there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : At least you admit he's a troll, that's the first step. It is interesting how you call a Sox fan "crazy", when your pal Babe says he intentionally comes here to go after Sox fans because they invade his town during spring training. That sounds completely normal. But don't worry, because support of Yankee fans -- bad or good -- is a prerequisite here, and you've already fulfilled that obligation. And there are trolls on all sports boards on the Internet, they're just not welcomed as returning heroes when they arrive there.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

I know it goes against your MO, pike, but please don't put words in my mouth. I never stated this. And I don't "show up in ST". You are either a born liar or have a very poor memory.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : I know it goes against your MO, pike, but please don't put words in my mouth. I never stated this. And I don't "show up in ST". You are either a born liar or have a very poor memory.
    Posted by TBSHBT1969

Nice to see you yet again on the board, at spring training. Are the Sox fans there treating you well? Not that it matters.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

sometimes it seems like media questions should come with instructions...Frown

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

sometimes it seems like media questions should come with instructions...
    Posted by jete02fan

Hey jete, how's things up your way?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : Hey jete, how's things up your way?
    Posted by TBSHBT1969
     hey Babe, what's good?..things are ok, thanks...though i'd gladly take a slice of your weather right about now.lol...looking forward to getting this season under way..hoping for a strong year from everyone...just in case this is the season Mo bows out...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : At least you admit he's a troll, that's the first step. It is interesting how you call a Sox fan "crazy", when your pal Babe says he intentionally comes here to go after Sox fans because they invade his town during spring training. That sounds completely normal. But don't worry, because support of Yankee fans -- bad or good -- is a prerequisite here, and you've already fulfilled that obligation. And there are trolls on all sports boards on the Internet, they're just not welcomed as returning heroes when they arrive there.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Nah.  Even though I suspect you are already too hardwired into your mindset to understand, I will lay it out for you:  I come here, day after day, for years, to talk baseball. In particular, Red Sox baseball.  I like getting different perspectives on Red Sox baseball, whether they be from Yankee fans, true believers, negative nut-cases, and the odd crazy obsessed nutjob who can't even admit Jacoby Ellsbury is a good ballplayer.  Thats what an internet forum is.  A big gumbo.  As for Babe, yup, comes here to provoke sox fans.  So what?  He does it with baseball talk.  I appreciate the challenge, personally.  Seriously man, the fact that you are somehow upset with me because I don't care to shout down a "troll" is bizarre.  When you talk baseball, I really dig your perspective.  But, you spend so much time in this Sisyphean task of troll-hunting that it ends up pulling energy from what makes the board worthwhile.  It is ironic in a way:  by trying so hard to keep this board 'clean', you actually pollute it more when every thread devolves into calling out trolls and such.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? :  hey Babe, what's good?..things are ok, thanks...though i'd gladly take a slice of your weather right about now.lol...looking forward to getting this season under way..hoping for a strong year from everyone...just in case this is the season Mo bows out...
    Posted by jete02fan

Yup, we have been having some great weather down here. In fact I'm gonna hit the beach by the Elbo Room this afternoon.

I too am looking forward to the season. Probably gonna head up to Tampa to catch a game or two at GMS Field. Can't wait to smell the fresh cut grass, that's when you know it's time for baseball!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : Nah.  Even though I suspect you are already too hardwired into your mindset to understand, I will lay it out for you:  I come here, day after day, for years, to talk baseball. In particular, Red Sox baseball.  I like getting different perspectives on Red Sox baseball, whether they be from Yankee fans, true believers, negative nut-cases, and the odd crazy obsessed nutjob who can't even admit Jacoby Ellsbury is a good ballplayer.  Thats what an internet forum is.  A big gumbo.  As for Babe, yup, comes here to provoke sox fans.  So what?  He does it with baseball talk.  I appreciate the challenge, personally.  Seriously man, the fact that you are somehow upset with me because I don't care to shout down a "troll" is bizarre.  W hen you talk baseball, I really dig your perspective.  But, you spend so much time in this  Sisyphean task of troll-hunting that it ends up pulling energy from what makes the board worthwhile.  It is ironic in a way:  by trying so hard to keep this board 'clean', you actually pollute it more when every thread devolves into calling out trolls and such.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Hey Space, sadly this is a concept that pike cannot grasp.

BTW, how do you like the pic of me hanging with Mathias Kiwanuka?!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : Hey Space, sadly this is a concept that pike cannot grasp. BTW, how do you like the pic of me hanging with Mathias Kiwanuka?!
    Posted by TBSHBT1969

i hope he was buyin drinks Money mouth

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : i hope he was buyin drinks 
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

LOL...actually I'm not a free loader. I bought a few rounds as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : Nah.  Even though I suspect you are already too hardwired into your mindset to understand, I will lay it out for you:  I come here, day after day, for years, to talk baseball. In particular, Red Sox baseball.  I like getting different perspectives on Red Sox baseball, whether they be from Yankee fans, true believers, negative nut-cases, and the odd crazy obsessed nutjob who can't even admit Jacoby Ellsbury is a good ballplayer.  Thats what an internet forum is.  A big gumbo.  As for Babe, yup, comes here to provoke sox fans.  So what?  He does it with baseball talk.  I appreciate the challenge, personally.  Seriously man, the fact that you are somehow upset with me because I don't care to shout down a "troll" is bizarre.  W hen you talk baseball, I really dig your perspective.  But, you spend so much time in this  Sisyphean task of troll-hunting that it ends up pulling energy from what makes the board worthwhile.  It is ironic in a way:  by trying so hard to keep this board 'clean', you actually pollute it more when every thread devolves into calling out trolls and such.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Exacly Space. Looking for attention IMO, best thing to do is ignore "them".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : LOL...actually I'm not a free loader. I bought a few rounds as well.
    Posted by TBSHBT1969

You're a good man Charlie Brown (dont tell Pike I said that).  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Manny Ramirez said and did worse things for years.  As long as he hits I couldn't care less about how his comments come off publicly. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Posted by SpacemanEephus

Try to separate defending yourself be called another poster in every thread, with  just randomly trying to shut down trolls. There is a difference.

And I'm not trying to keep this board clean of Yankee fans, if that's what you're suggesting, which I believe you might be. I just have no patience for abusive Yankee trolls, which is where we differ -- completely. Sox fans don't deserve that on their own board.

Ask your friend Babe to tell you the Yankee site where they're dealing with a Sox fan (like him) on their board. He'll never answer that question because the place doesn't exist. Nor does that person exist on any other team board -- especially with a heroes welcome.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : Exacly Space. Looking for attention IMO, best thing to do is ignore "them".
    Posted by J-BAY

That's abusive in case you weren't aware. It's amazing that you get to post whatever you want.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : Try to separate defending yourself be called another poster in every thread, with  just randomly trying to shut down trolls. There is a difference. And I'm not trying to keep this board clean of Yankee fans, if that's what you're suggesting, which I believe you might be. I just have no patience for abusive Yankee trolls, which is where we differ -- completely. Sox fans don't deserve that on their own board. Ask your friend Babe to tell you the Yankee site where they're dealing with a Sox fan (like him) on their board. He'll never answer that question because the place doesn't exist. Nor does that person exist on any other team board -- especially with a heroes welcome.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

True, but, this speaks to the quality of our venerable board.  The mighty yankees don't even have a passable board.  So, they flock over here.  I am sorry you feel put out by my being cool with Babe.  I do not mean to offend.  I guess i just find it hard to take any attacks on an internet forum personally.  Doesn't make sense to me.  Its like water off this space duck's back.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from boissroy. Show boissroy's posts

The name "RedSoxNation4Ever" was started by my Grandfather.  He recently passed on, and my dad told me of this account.  Being honest might cost me the privilege of signing in under his account, but it is a honor to remember him and his love for this team.       He always visited with me about the Red Sox,dating back to his memories of the late fifties and sixties.  I have normally been very positive about the Sox in my few posts.  He sometimes let it fly when frustrated.  :-)    Blaming me for the loss of participation at this board, might reveal more about the accuser than me.  Sorry if a concern about a Red Sox players quotes, and wondering not about his ability but focus, is not acceptable here.
    Posted by RedSoxNation4Ever

Those of us who remember the tough times of the fifties and the good and bad time of the sixties are good points to have when dealing with some of the yahoos on this board. Keep saying what you have to say and ignore the know it alls that write about the Sox when all they know is successful teams, they don't know adversity. If these posters are so good why aren't they in a managerial position with the team. They should continue getting fat and sitting in front of there TVs and computers. Stay the course and write your opinions. Ignore these frustrated jerks and maybe they will go away. Adrian needs to show leadership and not blame God for the September choke. He needs to hit when it counts and hopefully he will in 2012. 

Sections
Shortcuts