Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You?

In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : If there is a God, I think he/she has better things to concerns themselves with than the Red Sox play.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Of course.  I don't think Adrian feels that God is concerned with something as trivial as how the Red Sox play either.   The statement that it wasn't God's will has much deeper and much more meaningful implications.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : Of course.  I don't think Adrian feels that God is concerned with something as trivial as how the Red Sox play either.   The statement that it wasn't God's will has much deeper and much more meaningful implications.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

I can remember when Trot Nixon gave credit to the Lord after his game-winning HR in the 2003 ALDS.  And Schilling did the same after Game 6 of the 2004 ALCS.

Personally I kind of roll my eyes when guys do this, but on the other hand if that is their true belief I respect it.  The same goes for what A-Gon said.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Hfsoxnut I don't know if you listen to WEEI but they regularly mock AGon for saying recently that people "have to eat" and wether it be chicken or steak or whatever.... it is insane and rude to attack this guy.

Thanking god was such a harmless comment from a man who believes in a higher power. I don't believe myself but I did not make fun of him over his belief.  

The media seems to want to bring Adrian down for being one of the guys who showed up to play everyday and did not cause any problems.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : I can remember when Trot Nixon gave credit to the Lord after his game-winning HR in the 2003 ALDS.  And Schilling did the same after Game 6 of the 2004 ALCS. Personally I kind of roll my eyes when guys do this, but on the other hand if that is their true belief I respect it.  The same goes for what A-Gon said.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

People thank God for these types of things all the time Bob.  Listen to the acceptance speeches at the awards shows.  They also say that it wasn't God's will all the time when things don't work out for them.  I don't understand why all the flack for Adrian.

That was pretty much the point of my original post in this thread.  I don't see why people are taking such issue with it.  If you don't believe in God, or don't believe in God's will, that's fine.  But don't bash Adrian for what his religious beliefs are.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Hfsoxnut I don't know if you listen to WEEI but they regularly mock AGon for saying recently that people "have to eat" and wether it be chicken or steak or whatever.... it is insane and rude to attack this guy. Thanking god was such a harmless comment from a man who believes in a higher power. I don't believe myself but I did not make fun of him over his belief.   The media seems to want to bring Adrian down for being one of the guys who showed up to play everyday and did not cause any problems.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I don't listen to WEEI and in general I try to tune out the media except for a limited few...just because of the type of thing you mentioned. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do Adrian's Comments Bother Anyone of You? : True, but, this speaks to the quality of our venerable board.  The mighty yankees don't even have a passable board.  So, they flock over here.  I am sorry you feel put out by my being cool with Babe.  I do not mean to offend.  I guess i just find it hard to take any attacks on an internet forum personally.  Doesn't make sense to me.  Its like water off this space duck's back.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Are you serious with this? I've seen Yankee boards. They're all about loving their team. Like I'm sure, are most fan boards. There are no rival team's fans telling them they have to be real when they post. And no rival team's fans putting up abusive pics or posts. The reason why they like it here so much is because they get away with things that they wouldn't on other boards. They even created a sideboard to lure Sox posters that would eventually benefit them when they come here with their protection. Who doesn't see this? The Yankee mod there even said he used to know a mod here.

You don't come to a rival team's board and insult the players, the team and the fans there without being viewed as a troll. Babe has also gone after Pats fans on their board here. How you can view this person as someone everyone should have to deal with because it's just part of the board is unbelievable.