Do Not Guarantee 70 million Plus to Brian McCann!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Do Not Guarantee 70 million Plus to Brian McCann!

Great! Here comes a wave of stupid threads.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to couldnotkeepmyplan's comment:

I've noted you're all in on 70 million plus guarantee to Brian McCann.

Take your note and stuff it up your hard drive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Actually, this is one of the rare times I'll agree with softy. I'd rather they bring back Salty than sign McCann for the money he wants and lose a draft pick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportswizard1. Show Sportswizard1's posts

A local reporter in Philly suggested the Sox are doing their due dilligence on Chico Ruiz, this by the way is the first real report of any Sox activity on anyone, that I know of as of 5 minutes ago.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Yup, softy is right on this one.

Bringing Salty back would be the wiser move. But...If the Sox see Vasquez and Swihart both ready by 2016, then they might go with Ruiz. Ruiz will be 35 to start the 2014 season and has just come off a down year. Not an AJ fan for this team. Kurt Suzuki and Navarro are options as well if they go the 1-2yr deal route.

Salty will most certainly get a 4yr deal, so if they want him for less years they will have to overpay.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Actually, this is one of the rare times I'll agree with softy. I'd rather they bring back Salty than sign McCann for the money he wants and lose a draft pick.

Unfortunately this time he's correct. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Not an AJ fan for this team. 

On what basis?

37yo, sub 300OBP this year to name a couple things. I also know Ruiz will be 35, so Im a little uncomfortable having 2 catchers north of 35yo next year. If its for only 1year with both of these 2, Im not as worried. But no more than a 1yr deal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Well, I was going to post in another thread that there is no way I wanted the Sox to sign McCann.  This thread has had me rethink it completely. 

Up the middle for 2014:  McCann, Pedey, Drew, Ells.  every 5th day Peavy on the bump.

enjoy Jay Z's salary demands softy.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

If the goal is to avoid an aging McCann,  it seems odd to go for only the post prime years of Pierzynski or Ruiz.

On the other hand. Nick Hundley is 30, and a terrific defensive catcher.  He is owed $4mill in 2014 with a $5mill option for 2015.  No way San Diego wants to pay that much for their backup catcher...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Farrell on Salty today...

“Absolutely he has a future here. We’re engaging with him and I know [Red Sox GM Ben Cherington] has talked to his agent frequently here, not just as free agent season has opened up but throughout the course of the remainder of the year and through the postseason,” said Farrell

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Avoid this guy like the plague. Better to sign AJ or resign Salty if cheap 20 to 25M 2 year deal is the lmit of his market. 

KEEP...Salty 2yrs .... Don't go that stupid bidding war way........PLEASE !!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

“Absolutely he has a future here. We’re engaging with him and I know [Red Sox GM Ben Cherington] has talked to his agent frequently here, not just as free agent season has opened up but throughout the course of the remainder of the year and through the postseason,” said Farrell

Best news I have heard, if it works out. Give Salty something reasonable for 2-3 years and let the farm take over in year 2 or 3 with Salty as the back-up. Affordable solution.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to 808soxfan's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Best news I have heard, if it works out. Give Salty something reasonable for 2-3 years and let the farm take over in year 2 or 3 with Salty as the back-up. Affordable solution.

I agree, except I think it could possibly go 4 years. 3 at the minimum. And thats only because he should get a few 4 year offers. Good news is Salty has basically said he would take a discount to stay in Boston.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

I've noted you're all in on 70 million plus guarantee to Brian McCann.

Take your note and stuff it up your hard drive.

My thoughts exactly.

Softy completely mis-read the Sox success in the playoffs.

According to him Detroit was going to steam roll Boston, and when that never happened the Cards would prevail.

Softy has zero credibility.

Yet he continues on and on.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Salty for 3/$22.5

Give him the "security" he wants

We keep his Avg Annual Salary down

And we get 3 years to find an internal solution

If Salty wants more years or money then I let him go.........what the Sox should had done was get an extension down mid season.  And if he balked at the 3/22.5 then I offer him the QO with the odds that he'll walk but now at least I'd get a pick....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

Salty for 3/$22.5

If Salty wants more years or money then I let him go.........what the Sox should had done was get an extension down mid season.  And if he balked at the 3/22.5 then I offer him the QO with the odds that he'll walk but now at least I'd get a pick....

The extra two seasons are for just 4.2 million a year. Although I understand your general point, I think 3-22.5 is unreasonably low an offer if you then are willing to go 14.1 for one year. Maybe if he was really old its makes some sense. But he is in his prime. Either he is worth more then 7.5 a year for 3 or he is not worth 14.1 for 1.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to BMav's comment:

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

Salty for 3/$22.5

The extra two seasons are for just 4.2 million a year. Although I understand your general point, I think 3-22.5 is unreasonably low an offer if you then are willing to go 14.1 for one year. Maybe if he was really old its makes some sense. But he is in his prime. Either he is worth more then 7.5 a year for 3 or he is not worth 14.1 for 1.

I wasn't really willing to do 14.1 for 1 year.  I said I would try him for 3/22.5.  If he said no then I know he will be out of my price range and will look to hit the open market.  At that point I'd do a QO knowing he will most likely reject it and I get the draft pick.  He may still accept and that's a risk I'd be willing to take........

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

softy called Salty a "back-up profile" and much much worse. Now, he want's to pay a back up $25M/2.

More clownishness.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts