Do Not Guarantee 70 million Plus to Brian McCann!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Do Not Guarantee 70 million Plus to Brian McCann!

In response to couldnotkeepmyplan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Softy completely mis-read the Sox success in the playoffs.According to him Detroit was going to steam roll Boston, and when that never happened the Cards would prevail.

False. Softlaw guaranteed the Red Sox would beat the Rays, and then called the ALCS a tossup because MIggy wasn't healthy. Of course, it took incompetence from the now fired Leyland, and  Middlebrooks game 2 double, to start the chain of events that rescured an overmatched Red Sox team. 

As for Salty, he is in fact a backup profile, which is why his market interest is weak. Two years and 20 to 25M is based on Salty as a split time catcher and first baseman and 2015 rotating C/DH/1B. If Morales is availabe at 3 or 4 years and base 14, I would not resign Salty. I would sign AJ. 

The resident stooge talks about unloading a bunch of money to resign Napoli, which is consistent with his approach to hand out big long term contracts to old has-beens like former Twins and Mets pitcher Santana. 

We all agree that Ellsbury is a joke for a long term massive contract. I'm glad that Red Sox fans are happy to see him chase his overpayments elsewhere. 

I'm worried that the embarrassing act of S. Drew will take the QO.

[/QUOTE]

You mean the stooge who wanted us to sign VMart, trade for Soriano and his huge contract and pay big for Jeremy Guthrie?

Oh.... that stooge.

Got it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

[QUOTE]

I've noted you're all in on 70 million plus guarantee to Brian McCann.

[/QUOTE]

lol... YES !!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Truthfully I love McCann but have changed my mind on signing him... it isn't like he is a 30/100 hitter. So long as the Sox retain a Ross like back-up (better than Tek in his last years) and either re-sign Salty or find a medium defense medium hitting catcher to start most days we will be in good shape.

Personally I would call the D-backs and offer Middlebrooks straight up for Miguel Montero.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/10/video-obama-keep-your-plan-compilation.html

If you like McCann, you can have McCann. 

If you like your plan, you can keep your plan.

If you want free healthcare, you can get free healthcare.

[/QUOTE]

If you are a big enough loser to get banned from a sports forum 13 times in 3 weeks, you can be a loser who will get banned again in the next 24 hours......

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

If you are a big enough loser to post cheerleader drivel in an echo chamber that bans dissent, you are a big enough loser to keep whining about banning someone who says not to guarantee 70 million plus to Brian McCann.

Again, if you like McCann, you can keep McCann. If you like your plan, the President of the Peoples Republic says you can keep your plan. 

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the ammo......that was easy.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Nice to see near unanimous agreement on not wanting McCann.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Lonely pathetic banned racist Softflaw is back

I guess he 'couldn't keep his plan' of staying away from where he is ridiculed and despised for more than 10 days or so, but luckily, once the team he HATED was in the series he spared us his ignorance and garbage so the real fans could celebrate together.

Is Salty at 3/27 better than McCann at 6/90? YES!

Is Salty at 4/44 better than McCann at 5/70? NO!

McCann can DH when Papi retires, Salty can't, and he is a better mentor for the young catchers who would come up on the cheap and be groomed by him while he DH's,

Yet another case of the hateful liar refusing to spend other peoples money in an attempt to make this team WORSE. Just like with every other deal down the line. Remember is bitter disgusting hatred of World Series hero John Lackey? He wanted to role with some mediocre 5 starters at 6-7 million over a potential postseason stud being overpaid a bit as a #2 when he was more likely to be a #3 over the life of the deal.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I like the fact that Ross and McCann are close, apparently. And is 29 going on 30 really old? I mean you want young guys, but I'd rather not have a young catcher. I'd rather have a catcher that has played a few years, and knows what he's doing.

FTR I've heard McCann's name mentioned so many times it's familiar to me, and he's not even in the American League. He can't be as bad as he's being described. And even if he appears to be less than he was, there are alot of players on the team that appeared to be less than they were when they came here. Didn't turn out so bad.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

Not as easy as coming into this echo chamber to interfere with the echo of the drones.

[/QUOTE]

David Ortiz....WS MVP

Ellsbury....2 rings as starting CF

Drew...THE defensive SS of the entire playoffs

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Normslly I oppose any long term contract for a free agent and look for cheaper off-the-radar options, like Nick Hundley.

But if softlaw is adamant that McCann is a bad idea,  I probably should reconsider this strategy...

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Truthfully I love McCann but have changed my mind on signing him... it isn't like he is a 30/100 hitter. So long as the Sox retain a Ross like back-up (better than Tek in his last years) and either re-sign Salty or find a medium defense medium hitting catcher to start most days we will be in good shape.

Personally I would call the D-backs and offer Middlebrooks straight up for Miguel Montero.

[/QUOTE]

If Fangraphs source is even close to accurate, and Salty gets 4 yrs $45mill while McCann is projected for 4yrs $59mill, is Saltalamacchia still the smarter buy?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I am not worried about Salty being here... I'd like to get Montero or another catcher (if there is one out there to be had). I think we can move on from Salty and avoid McCann. Not that I have done any research to back up my thoughts.  

I do see the D-Backs should ad some power at 3rd and a player who can potentially provide cover for Goldshmidt. Montero just came off a poor year and might be obtainable.

Now if this team does sign McCann I won't be bashing them. I love the idea of the guy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Personally I would call the D-backs and offer Middlebrooks straight up for Miguel Montero.[/QUOTE]
    The Diamondbacks have a younger and perhaps more promising option at third base in 22-year-old Matt Davidson, who posted an OPS+ of 110 in 87 plate appearances this season:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/d/davidma02.shtml

Davidson posted a WAR* of 0.2 in 31 games while Will Middlebrooks posted a WAR of 0.3 in 94 games.

* Wins Above Replacement as reported at FanGraphs

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

I am not worried about Salty being here... I'd like to get Montero or another catcher (if there is one out there to be had). I think we can move on from Salty and avoid McCann. Not that I have done any research to back up my thoughts.  

I do see the D-Backs should ad some power at 3rd and a player who can potentially provide cover for Goldshmidt. Montero just came off a poor year and might be obtainable.

Now if this team does sign McCann I won't be bashing them. I love the idea of the guy.

[/QUOTE]

Montero is older than McCann and 1 year into a 5 year $60mill contract.  He is owed $50mill over the next 4 seasons.

While I doubt McCann goes for 4yr/$59mill, the Fangraphs source was pretty accurate last year with deals that looked about as crazy, and if McCann is close to that range, he is a smarter deal than Montero.  Plus he won't cost Middlebrooks (but will cost a late 1st round pick).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

It is settled then, bring on the McCann !!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to notin's comment:

[QUOTE]

If Fangraphs source is even close to accurate, and Salty gets 4 yrs $45mill while McCann is projected for 4yrs $59mill, is Saltalamacchia still the smarter buy?

[/QUOTE]

Pretty close to equal buys at those costs, but the lost draft picks tips me to Salty.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

hill55 thanks for the info. I had the idea in my head and then came across a thread later on another site that a sports writer said the D-Backs should look to ad a power bat at 3rd. That is about as deep as I go before I launch ideas Laughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

hill55 thanks for the info. I had the idea in my head and then came across a thread later on another site that a sports writer said the D-Backs should look to ad a power bat at 3rd. That is about as deep as I go before I launch ideas Laughing

[/QUOTE]

You mean like Middy, Lava and de la Rosa for Montero?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I'd trade Middy for him that's all. Gotta make bold moves. I would have gladly traded Middy for McCann a year ago and extended him.

Middlebrooks is a good player and maybe he will put up Trot Nixon like numbers... and if that is the case he certainly would serve better as a trade chip.

Sections
Shortcuts