Do the Math

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Re: Do the Math

It is the bullpen serving up meatballs for 3 innings. Which RH OFer would have prevented Saturday?

Take a look at more than the one game the Yankees showed how to win high scoring games with poor pitching. Take a look at the W/L % win the Red Sox pitch well.

AL East
    American League
    Fenway Park

It takes all of 2 decent starters at the end of the season to be a title contender. It takes a strong offense to get out of the AL, even with good pitching.

2009, 2010 and 2011 are large sample sizes. The Red Sox have not been a contender since Manny aged out and Lowell and Youk became the RH go-to hitter.

Cody Ross is what Cody Ross is, a career reject who completely lacks the stature to make an offensive lineup strong. Take a look at the great Cody Ross in games other than Freddie Garcia and lousy pitching games. What did Cody Ross do in the 60% losses when the Red Sox pitched extremely well.

Cody Ross is a platoon poor fielding can only hit weak pitching bench scab. He's also on the final stage of his career, as a fragile weak defender.

AGon
    ***makes AGon and Ortiz a wasted cost nobody*****
    Ortiz

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

In Response to Re: Do the Math:
    In Response to Re: Do the Math : I didn't say anything about success.  I wrote a simple statement.  then you went off on a tirade about "according to me the worst team would win the WS if it had the best manager, and Palin would be president bla bla bla" and somehow attributed numerous thoughts to me that  I had not even come close to expressing. Some people here do not even get that if the employee is revolting against management then it is up to management to fix it.  You keep trying to imply I am extrapolating that out into wins and losses. Regardless, attempting to discuss things with you is a huge waste of time. Please come back under another screen name and try again.
    Posted by snakeoil123

Pedey and Youk are fine with BV now. Case closed. Much ado about nothing. No need to speculate and generalize from their initial remarks. Let it go. The forum talked this into the ground last week so there is no need to beat a dead horse anymore. Next topic?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Do the Math : Pedey and Youk are fine with BV now. Case closed. Much ado about nothing. No need to speculate and generalize from their initial remarks. Let it go. The forum talked this into the ground last week so there is no need to beat a dead horse anymore. Next topic?
    Posted by 6k42lt913c

I didn't mention Bobby V.  You did.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

The bullpen has an ERA of 9.  That is a huge obstacle to overcome, since they give up an average of one run per inning.  The starting rotation, even if their ERA is 0, can't reasonably be expected to average over 7 innings a game.  That leaves the other team with a 2 run head start in each game.

Tough to overcome that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

It's both the offense and the pitching.  Thats why we are 6-10.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Do the Math:
    3  L 2  W 3  L 1  L 2  W Red Sox are 2-3  60% losers when pitching extremely well, allowing 3 runs or less The Red Sox are 4-2  66% winners when scoring 4 or more runs Do the math, and learn why Cano+Tex+ARoid had no problem winning a game with terrible Yankee pitching. The Red Sox play in a park and in a division and in a league where offense is more important than pitching. Get over it! Get a superstar RH bat between AGon and Ortiz and the Red Sox will have no problem winning games with lousy pitching
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

Which one of these is a RH superstar?  Cano = LH, Tex = sub .250 switch-hitter, ARod = rapidly declining.

Teixeira may still be elite vs LHP, but not better than Youk or Pedroia or even Ortiz the last year and change.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Tex and the tiny sample is better than washed up old Youk, and Pedroia is not middle of the lineup RH season long bat.

Get back with me when you take a look at career Tex, and a "rapidly declining" A-Rod is still one of the better RH SLG in the league.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

The Yankees aren't winning the division nearly every year because they have Youk and Pedroia as their RH sticks.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Thread count was up after 3 wins v. Tampa Empty seats series.

BTW, the Shamecocks is one of the top party schools in the entire world. You should proud to be an alumnus of AA U. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachzap. Show coachzap's posts

Thread count was up after 3 wins v. Tampa Empty seats series. BTW, the Shamecocks is one of the top party schools in the entire world. You should proud to be an alumnus of AA U. 
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

Hey Dumbazz, Why dont you get a job? You spend countless hours on here spewing the same ignorant garbage. I cant beleive they let an idiot like you even sniff this place.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

You are the same angry yahoo who thought that Wastefield and Varitek might be back. Yes, my campaign against those two geriatrics players was "ignorant garbage".

Drivel is what results when you move your Ward of the State fingers.

As for "get a job", I'm independently wealthy and make over seven figures a year as a Karl Marx/Obama income tax loophole planner. I feel sorry for all the Wards of the State who can't get those jobs that Obama promised in his "Hope and Small Statist Pocket Change" speech.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

You are the same angry yahoo who thought that Wastefield and Varitek might be back. Yes, my campaign against those two geriatrics players was "ignorant garbage". Drivel is what results when you move your Ward of the State fingers. As for "get a job", I'm independently wealthy and make over seven figures a year as a Karl Marx/Obama income tax loophole planner. I feel sorry for all the Wards of the State who can't get those jobs that Obama promised in his "Hope and Small Statist Pocket Change" speech.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

AHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA .  Oh my sides.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Okay.  You're officially a troll.  Cody Ross at his current pace would hit 36 homers and drive in 116 runs.  But you think if we had a superstar RH bat instead the Red Sox would have a winning record. there is no way you could really be this stupid.  I officially proclaim anything you say from now on as totally irrelevant.
    Posted by snakeoil123

I don't know how to break the news to you, but that took you wayyyy too long!  :-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Do the Math : I don't know how to break the news to you, but that took you wayyyy too long!  :-)
    Posted by S5

This isn't my first ID.  Back when he was Softy it seemed that he was just insane and not a troll.

So I had been going with the fact that he was insane until as of late.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Tex and the tiny sample is better than washed up old Youk, and Pedroia is not middle of the lineup RH season long bat. Get back with me when you take a look at career Tex, and a "rapidly declining" A-Rod is still one of the better RH SLG in the league.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

2011 OPS vs. LHP

Pedroia = 1.010
    Ortiz = .989
    Youk = .987

Teixeira = .967
    A-Rod = .750

I don't see the Yankee advantage you're looking for to support your argument.  Besides, the lefty held the Yankees in check for 6 innings - the bulk of the damage came against right-handers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Do the Math":
    In Response to Re: Do the Math : That's irrelevant. I just warned him about calling others a troll. That is verboten and a word to the wise should be sufficient. You don't really need to follow me around and rush to each and everyone of my posts. In this case I was doing the forum a favor trying to minimize this witch hunt for trolls. It gets boring and is very distracting. Posted by 6k42lt913c
    Nice self serving try pike, but that was the first post of yours I've replied to in several days, maybe a week or more.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" We await your specific proposal on how the Red Sox should acquire "One superstar RH bat.""

LMFAO. 

It's got something to do with trading Youk I think. 

Softy has a fraction of a point here, which is that better and more consistent offense would add more wins without a doubt, plus take some pressure off the pitching staff. But it's just a piece of the puzzle.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

New slogan for the pitching staff: "Let 'Em Go Nine!"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

In response to "Re: Do the Math": Nice self serving try pike, but that was the first post of yours I've replied to in several days, maybe a week or more.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Forget about my response. Do you sanction Snakeoil calling Chilliwings a troll on page 1? Yes or No - don't squirm out of it or deflect.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

"Cody Ross is what Cody Ross is, a career reject who completely lacks the stature to make an offensive lineup strong."

Yup...2 more dingers tonight..Including the one that won the game in the 9th..that would be a team leading 5 HR...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

southpaw, what is the record of the Red Sox? Cody Ross has been playing the entire season in those games where the Red Sox pitch well and still lose because of poor offense.

Ross is a platoon player, take a look at his career stats.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Slomag, take a look a Slugging over the last 3 years, when the Red Sox have zero playoff wins. Don't post On base percentage to try and skew how much more talented and capable the Yankee offensive R-L construction is.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Slugging is "the punch", not OPS. Pesky and his shamecock degree just got the alcohol punched out of his liver.

When the offense puts runs up early and scores 4 or more runs, they are 5-1. When the offense scores 3 runs or less, they are 0-8
    When the Red Sox pitch great, 3 runs or less, they are 1-3

Powerful offense changes games pressure and frequently breaks the back of even the best pitchers. It takes pressure off the pitching staff and provides energy for defense, running the bases and patience at the plate.

Only fools keep repeating "it's the pitching". This isn't the NL.

Sections
Shortcuts