Do the Red Sox have a pressing need at shortstop?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickarcese. Show nickarcese's posts

Re: Do the Red Sox have a pressing need at shortstop?

what he said

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

But if Scutaro gets hurt before Lowrie gets back ... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Oh ... by the way:

I'm not concerned with Buchholz. I think the DL was more to protect Buch from himself. I think he'll be fine when he comes back in July.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

i hope you're right about buchholz, because his loss for any lengthy time would be more staggering than crawfords.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Do the Red Sox have a pressing need at shortstop?:
    i hope you're right about buchholz, because his loss for any lengthy time would be more staggering than crawfords.
    Posted by --the--yazzer

I'm not part of the Crawford bashing brigade, but, nevertheless, it might be somewhat of an overstatement to call Crawford's loss staggering.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

Oh ... by the way: I'm not concerned with Buchholz. I think the DL was more to protect Buch from himself. I think he'll be fine when he comes back in July.

Posted by royf19

And you came to this conclusion after studying his medical charts?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Do the Red Sox have a pressing need at shortstop? : And you came to this conclusion after studying his medical charts?
    Posted by --The--Babe---

Well, as a matter of fact ...

Innocent

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Good lord ...no!

Listen, they won with the antichrist, Julio Lugo...and I was the only one who actually liked him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

In Response to Do the Red Sox have a pressing need at shortstop?:
    I don't think they do, in spite of all the talk we've heard lately about Jose Reyes. I also think it would be a terrible idea to decimate the farm system for a short-term rental with Iglesias on the horizon for next year. Scutaro/Lowrie should be fine for the rest of this season. I'm a little more concerned about Buchholz than either of those guys.
    Posted by davetheknave

You got it right!  we are definitely OK!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Lowrie, Scutaro, Navarro, Iggy. Nope. No need.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

Good lord ...no! Listen, they won with the antichrist, Julio Lugo...and I was the only one who actually liked him.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

I thought Lugo was OK.  I mean, he couldn't pick up a ground ball, and when he did, he usually couldn't throw it to first.  But hey, you can't have everything.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

In Response to Re: Do the Red Sox have a pressing need at shortstop? : And you came to this conclusion after studying his medical charts?
    Posted by --The--Babe---

======================================================
     Try a lttle reading comprehension there dingleberry. He said he "thinks" therefore he was just offering his opinion.
      Don`t you EVER get tired of being a useless P*O*S ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

No.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Absolutely.  Time to move Navarro and Iglesias up to the big club--or this season is lost.  This is a simple fact:  neither Scutaro nor Lowrie has ever done a forward flip when taking the field at the beginning of a game.  Consequently, neither one is anywhere near adequate on defense. 

betterredthandead and others have argued that a good fielding shortstop will take 1.5 runs per game off the team ERA--which would give the Sox the best ERA in MLB. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Absolutely.  Time to move Navarro and Iglesias up to the big club--or this season is lost.  This is a simple fact:  neither Scutaro nor Lowrie has ever done a forward flip when taking the field at the beginning of a game.  Consequently, neither one is anywhere near adequate on defense.  betterredthandead and others have argued that a good fielding shortstop will take 1.5 runs per game off the team ERA--which would give the Sox the best ERA in MLB. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

Max,

Sorry to disagree, but first using betterdeadthanred as a scource for anything with regard to baseball is dangerous, as he knows little to nothing about the game.

Secondly Iggy is still a young prospect and needs time to mature. Sure he's already at major league level in fielding, but his hitting is very weak. Bringing a young kid like this all too early could ruin any confidence he might be getting by gaining experience in Pawtucket. Don't be surprised if he's still in AAA most of next year, as well. 

Lowrie may not be the best of fielders, but when he's hitting it more than makes up for his fielding deficiencies. And Scutaro is a decent hitter and fielder.  

I'd like to know how anyone can come up with a figure/stat that a good fielding shortstop can lower a staff era and save 1.5 runs per game. Again Betterdead is one of the last scources I'd rely on. If you haven't noticed most folks on this board that know anything about baseball take little to nothing he says seriously. 

Hetchinspete.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 26RINGSANDCOUTING. Show 26RINGSANDCOUTING's posts

Absolutely.  Time to move Navarro and Iglesias up to the big club--or this season is lost.  This is a simple fact:  neither Scutaro nor Lowrie has ever done a forward flip when taking the field at the beginning of a game.  Consequently, neither one is anywhere near adequate on defense.  betterredthandead and others have argued that a good fielding shortstop will take 1.5 runs per game off the team ERA--which would give the Sox the best ERA in MLB. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

DEREK JETER

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts