Do the Red Sox have any serious concerns to this point of the season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Re: Do the Red Sox have any serious concerns to this point of the season?

Yes, injury risk that every team has. On a value basis, yes. Other than that, no.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pmw1265. Show pmw1265's posts

Lackey is a major concern if he returns and falters, that will taxing on the bp. Wakefield in the bullpen does not sit well with me either, when Lackey returns, but I'd rather have AA start. Drew as a part timer may be needed, only if Reddick can play at a major league level consistently. Cameron has to go...soon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: Do the Red Sox have any serious concerns to this point of the season?:
    In Response to Re: Do the Red Sox have any serious concerns to this point of the season? : C'mon hill. You have been here long enough to know that mongo the fanboy doesn't see facts through his red flops colored glasses.
    Posted by --The---Babe-1

Why can't you just admit that the Sox have a better team instead of dancing around the subject and going with your Yankee homer ways?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Do the Red Sox have any serious concerns to this point of the season?

Does SPC have any serious concerns to this point of the season?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe-1. Show --The---Babe-1's posts

In Response to Re: Do the Red Sox have any serious concerns to this point of the season?:
    In Response to Re: Do the Red Sox have any serious concerns to this point of the season? : Why can't you just admit that the Sox have a better team instead of dancing around the subject and going with your Yankee homer ways?

Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

Nice to see that you came out of hiding now that the red flops have a respectable record.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: Do the Red Sox have any serious concerns to this point of the season? : Nice to see that you came out of hiding now that the red flops have a respectable record.
    Posted by --The---Babe-1

I've been around this whole time but nice try!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe-1. Show --The---Babe-1's posts

In Response to Re: Do the Red Sox have any serious concerns to this point of the season? : I've been around this whole time but nice try!

LOL....yeah, just like you suddenly got "busy" when the red flops season went up in smoke last year. Everyone knows you only post when things go well for the sawx. It's why you are known as mongo the fanboy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lvanDrago. Show lvanDrago's posts

Friday afternoon and Babe's still trolling a Sox board. What an a.zz clown, lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

My biggest concern for the Sox right now is depth at catching.If Saltalamachia or Varitek gets injured,there's not really a decent option in the minors to replace them if either are out for an extended time.I'd like to see Boston pick up a AAAA type catcher as an insurance policy to play in Pawtucket. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: Do the Red Sox have any serious concerns to this point of the season? : LOL....yeah, just like you suddenly got "busy" when the red flops season went up in smoke last year. Everyone knows you only post when things go well for the sawx. It's why you are known as mongo the fanboy.
    Posted by --The---Babe-1

I posted all of last year but keep making things up like you always do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jb12bb. Show jb12bb's posts

Im not sure how long they want to go with Wake/Acevas as their 4 and 5 starters.

Id like to see how Lackey comes back from injury and Jenks as well.  They are two key components to the road ahead.  I like the call up of Reddick, and Scutaro needs to come back soon so Lowrie can get a day off since he is scuffling now.

I see them going after a top flight RP at the deadline.  If the team stays healthy I can see them holding pat with the rest of the roster.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response; to Do the Red Sox have any serious concerns to this point of the season?:
    Are you concerned with any position(s) the way this team is currently constructed?  When I say "concerned", I mean like "needs to be addressed or it could lead to this teams' downfall". The only thing that was anywhere close to this was the catching situation.  I expect Salty to now continue to emerge as one of the better catchers in the AL.  Now for the rest of the team. Rotation:  Beckett/Lester/Buchholz are the best 1-3 hands down in the AL right now.  Only the Phillies have a better 3.  The back end of the rotation is somewhat concerning but not really.  I expect Lackey to come back and at least pitch like a 4 or 5 which is something that the Sox can only hope for at this point.  Aceves is emerging as a candidate for the #5 spot and worse case it's Wakefield or Doubront.  Not a bad way to round out the group.  Talk to me if there's an injury to one of the top three. The lineup is the best in MLB.  The one position to be concerned about is RF because it's the only position keeping this lineup from being virtually impossible to stop.  I'd be very interested to see if JD Drew gets demoted to the short end of the platoon and the Sox either find a guy like Jeff Francoeur to bring in or try their luck with a guy like Reddick or Kalish (if healthy).  Either way, it's not hard to improve at that position and seeing as how it's the only weakness right now in that lineup... I think the Sox will live. 2010- the weakness was 3-5 in the rotation, lineup depth due to injury 2009- the weakness was catcher, SS 2008- the weakness was the rotation in general, hitting from the 7-9 holes 2007- 3-5 in the rotation, SS... They still got hot and won the WS but they were not the best team going into the playoffs that year. etc. etc. etc. I just don't see any major concerns with this 2011 Boston Red Sox team.  Do you agree?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Still concerned about too many lefties in the lineup.

Even mediocre lefties are giving them trouble. In Detroit last Friday night the Tigers almost came back and won that game because two anonymous lefties completely shut down the Sox offense over the last six innings of the game.

Good pitchers will give any team trouble, we saw that with Verlander and Peavy back-to-back this week, but any lefty not named Sabathia, Cliff Lee or Mark Buehrle (and a few others) should be fair game to be whacked around by a balanced (LH/RH) lineup.

Youkilis and Pedroia are not enough, and neither is Lowrie batting from the right side.

The Sox need to add a reliable RH bat with power IMO. Otherwise I think they're simply too vulnerable against lefties over the long haul.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe---. Show -The--Babe---'s posts

In Response to Do the Red Sox have any serious concerns to this point of the season?:
    Are you concerned with any position(s) the way this team is currently constructed?  When I say "concerned", I mean like "needs to be addressed or it could lead to this teams' downfall". The only thing that was anywhere close to this was the catching situation.  I expect Salty to now continue to emerge as one of the better catchers in the AL.  Now for the rest of the team. Rotation:  Beckett/Lester/Buchholz are the best 1-3 hands down in the AL right now.  Only the Phillies have a better 3.  The back end of the rotation is somewhat concerning but not really.  I expect Lackey to come back and at least pitch like a 4 or 5 which is something that the Sox can only hope for at this point.  Aceves is emerging as a candidate for the #5 spot and worse case it's Wakefield or Doubront.  Not a bad way to round out the group.  Talk to me if there's an injury to one of the top three. The lineup is the best in MLB.  The one position to be concerned about is RF because it's the only position keeping this lineup from being virtually impossible to stop.  I'd be very interested to see if JD Drew gets demoted to the short end of the platoon and the Sox either find a guy like Jeff Francoeur to bring in or try their luck with a guy like Reddick or Kalish (if healthy).  Either way, it's not hard to improve at that position and seeing as how it's the only weakness right now in that lineup... I think the Sox will live. 2010- the weakness was 3-5 in the rotation, lineup depth due to injury 2009- the weakness was catcher, SS 2008- the weakness was the rotation in general, hitting from the 7-9 holes 2007- 3-5 in the rotation, SS... They still got hot and won the WS but they were not the best team going into the playoffs that year. etc. etc. etc. I just don't see any major concerns with this 2011 Boston Red Sox team.  Do you agree?

Looks like the curse of mongoy the fanboy (spc) is alive and well. He posts this drivel and the sawx manage to win a game and then drop 4 straight.....Awesome!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I may as well chime in.
    Concerns? Yeah, a few.

Lester's velocity is 2-3 MPH slower than last year. He shelved his curve and is becoming predictable with less margin for error.

Buchholz is throwing 2-3 MPH less lately also.

Hill just went down with an elbow issue.
    Lackey had an elbow issue.
    Dice has an elbow tear...and it might be career altering.

Jenks/Wheeler have stunk - and have been on the DL.

I do hope I haven't disturbed MR. Curt Young...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

Nothing wrong at all with posters having concerns and posting them as long as 99 out of 100 of their posts are full of the same concern everyday. In that event how does one know if they are a Red Sox fan or a pretender who is trying to cause division and chaos in the forum. That most definitely would be interpreted as a Harness No-No. Dottie's direct red phone line to Harness would be ringing if he ever thought that posters like Bosox1941 was trying to divide the forum.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Nothing wrong at all with posters having concerns and posting them as long as 99 out of 100 of their posts are full of the same concern everyday. In that event how does one know if they are a Red Sox fan or a pretender who is trying to cause division and chaos in the forum. That most definitely would be interpreted as a Harness No-No. Dottie's direct red phone line to Harness would be ringing if he ever thought that posters like Bosox1941 was trying to divide the forum.
    Posted by Babe-Ted

You are the expert on pretenders.  Not me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness-hate-me. Show harness-hate-me's posts

First you scapegoated smiley, now your doing it to the pitching coach. Please Mr harness stick to burritos.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

So much knowledge form a source of 46 posts.
    How many times have you been banned?
    Or are you just another assembly-line Pikian cyborg?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I hope Hills' arm isnt that bad..But a "pop" and what else he said he felt doesnt sound good..Could Andrew Miller get a shot in the pen for a lefty?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

Moonslav should get credit for the "pretender" label in this forum since that is what he calls Softlaw. Softlaw is not only a pretender but he roots against the Red Sox. He has fessed up to doing that in order to liven up the forum.

Doing such is completely acceptable and encouraged by Burrito and Harness since it increases traffic despite showing a lack of character. Quite similar to the honesty of professional wrestling.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I hope Hills' arm isnt that bad..But a "pop" and what else he said he felt doesnt sound good..Could Andrew Miller get a shot in the pen for a lefty?
    Posted by southpaw777

I think they'll go back to Oki before Miller.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Moonslav should get credit for the "pretender" labelin this forum since that is what he calls Softlaw. Softlaw is not only a pretender but he roots against the Red Sox. He has fessed up to doing that in order to liven up the forum.   Doing such is completely acceptable and encouraged by Burrito and Harness since it increases traffic despite showing a lack of character. Quite similar to the honesty of professional wrestling.
    Posted by Babe-Ted

Nobody deserves credit for creating division. You are the self-appointed king of labeling who is or who is not a "real" fan. It's yet another way for you to segregate human beings. How do you think posters here see you?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I called softy an absurd pretender and a clown.
      (actually tame for what he really is)

That makes me the "board bully".

Sections
Shortcuts