Do We Fear the Yankees?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Do We Fear the Yankees?

The New York Yankees have just won their 7th straight game and are now tied with our Red Sox for 1st place.  Identical records (obviously) on the season, but the Red Sox own the season series to date 8-1. 

Friday   (7:10) Colon vs. Lester

Saturday (4:10)  Sabathia vs. Lackey

Sunday (8:05) Garcia vs. Beckett

I still find it alarming that the Yankees continue to find ways to never go away. I will be on seat edge all weekend and every run, hit, walk, catch will echo through my fragile nerves for the duration. 

Luck would have it in SE Asia all the Yankees games are broadcast, which makes me wonder if the Yanks paid the networks for this right.

Go Boston.

note: the teams have faced each other 2,091 times!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Do We Fear the Yankees?

No fear of them..Yes, they have been on a tear, but its the yankees..I dont expect anything less from them..Should be an awesome series Burrito..I hope you get to enjoy the games from your neck of the woods..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Do We Fear the Yankees?:
    The New York Yankees have just won their 7th straight game and are now tied with our Red Sox for 1st place.  Identical records (obviously) on the season, but the Red Sox own the season series to date 8-1.  Friday   (7:10) Colon vs. Lester Saturday (4:10)  Sabathia vs. Lackey Sunday (8:05) Garcia vs. Beckett I still find it alarming that the Yankees continue to find ways to never go away. I will be on seat edge all weekend and every run, hit, walk, catch will echo through my fragile nerves for the duration.  Luck would have it in SE Asia all the Yankees games are broadcast, which makes me wonder if the Yanks paid the networks for this right. Go Boston. note: the teams have faced each other 2,091 times!
    Posted by BurritoT

Well, according to every Yankee fan posting here for the last month, the standings now don't matter, so, no I don't fear the Yankees in August.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

IF LESTER AND BECKETT PITCH UP TO THEIR STANDARDS, THE
    GAMES SHOULD BE TIGHT. LESTER CAN CANCEL OUT SOME OF
    THE LEFTIES LIKE CANO AND GRANDERSON....BUT...POSADA,
    SWISHER, AND TEIXEIRA CAN SWITCH HIT AND CAN EASILY
    PEPPER THE GREEN MONSTAH ! COLON HAS BEEN UNHITTABLE,
    A VAST TURNAROUND FROM WHEN HE WAS WITH THE SOX,
    WHEN HE WAS REALLY INEFFECTIVE. I DON'T KNOW WHAT
    KIND OF MEDICAL ATTENTION HE RECEIVED, BUT IT MAKES ME
    WONDER WHAT THE BOSTON SCOUTS AND HIGHER-UPS MISSED
    IN THEIR DECISION TO RELEASE HIM. IT IS SUSPICIOUS. THE
    YANKS SEEM TO WORK MAGIC. OUR WEAK LINK IS LACKEY, WHO
    WILL BE LUCKY TO GO 4 INNINGS. THE LACKEY AND CRAWFORD
    SIGNINGS WILL SINK THIS TEAM FOR THE DURATION OF THEIR
    STAYS IN BOSTON. JUST THOSE TWO DEALS SHOULD WARRANT
    THE DISMISSAL OF EPSTEIN AS A GM. FORGET THE AGON DEAL,
    OUR FAILURE TO REPLACE VARITEK, THE K MACHINE, AND
    THE INEFFECTIVENESS OF SCUTARO DRAG THE WHOLE OFFENSE
    DOWN. CRAWFORD KILLS THE ENTIRE OFFENSE, AND WITH
    YOUKILIS AND ORTIZ IN MINI-SWOONS, WE WILL BE LUCKY
    TO TAKE ONE GAME THIS WEEKEND. LOOK FOR US TO BE
    2 OR 3 GAMES DOWN BY SUNDAY. REALITY SHOWS US THAT
    WE CAN'T EVEN BEAT CLEVELAND AND KC IN OUR OWN PARK,
    LET ALONE THE YANKEES. FORGET THE PAST. THE PRESENT
    DOES NOT LOOK GOOD, WITH THE LOSS OF BUCHHOLZ, AND
    HIS REPLACEMENT BY MILLER AND BEDARD, TWO CHRONIC
    MEDICAL CASES AND RECENT LOSERS. BATTENDOWN THE
    HATCHES.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

Red Sox sweep.  The Sawx are in the Yankees heads.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYSTOMND2. Show NYSTOMND2's posts

In Response to Re: Do We Fear the Yankees?:
    Red Sox sweep.  The Sawx are in the Yankees heads.
    Posted by Kamdog

Setting the bar high.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

We have nothing to fear but fear itself. I'd feel good with two out of three. One win wouldn't be the end of the world. It's a pretty big series to determine who is in the driver's seat and comes out of it with the division lead. As long as we don't get swept. If we sweep it would be great.

View Image

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Its very unsurprising the teams are tied at this point, it always seems to be this way. Sabathia is 0-3 with a 6.16 ER vs. the Sox this year, that has to be a bonus.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Do We Fear the Yankees?:
    The New York Yankees have just won their 7th straight game and are now tied with our Red Sox for 1st place.  Identical records (obviously) on the season, but the Red Sox own the season series to date 8-1.  Friday   (7:10) Colon vs. Lester Saturday (4:10)  Sabathia vs. Lackey Sunday (8:05) Garcia vs. Beckett I still find it alarming that the Yankees continue to find ways to never go away. I will be on seat edge all weekend and every run, hit, walk, catch will echo through my fragile nerves for the duration.  Luck would have it in SE Asia all the Yankees games are broadcast, which makes me wonder if the Yanks paid the networks for this right. Go Boston. note: the teams have faced each other 2,091 times!
    Posted by BurritoT

Why would Sox fear a team we have taken 8 of 9 to this season?  I do see the Yankees playing better against us this time around and I'm still puzzled with how effective Colon and Garcia have been on other teams but our bats should'nt have a problem with either.  With CC, you know what to expect so Lackey better be prepared, otherwise Aceves will take over very quickly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Do We Fear the Yankees? : Well, according to every Yankee fan posting here for the last month, the standings now don't matter, so, no I don't fear the Yankees in August.
    Posted by niz-58
    well, i wouldn't say every.....Tongue out..there's still a few of us who look no further than that day's game....Niz, have a great weekend bud...!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

No fear here.  And more importantly, I am sure no fear in the Sox clubhouse.  this is just as it should be.  These guys know each other well, too well, if not biblically, then baseballically.  The only thing we have to fear is 6 hour ballgames.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: Do We Fear the Yankees? : well, i wouldn't say every..... ..there's still a few of us who look no further than that day's game....Niz, have a great weekend bud...!!!
    Posted by jete02fan

Sorry Jete. You should know I don't include you in those types of posts.

You have a good one too. Should be fun!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

No fear here.  And more importantly, I am sure no fear in the Sox clubhouse.  this is just as it should be.  These guys know each other well, too well, if not biblically, then baseballically.  The only thing we have to fear is 6 hour ballgames.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Ain't that the truth! Both teams have their rotations set up the way they want them. Should be a great series.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from (TheBabe). Show (TheBabe)'s posts

Well, since 90%+ of 3 games series go 2-1, chances are one team is going to come out of the weekend with a 1 game lead.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

and that team will lose Monday and the other will win, thus they will be tied again Tuesday morning. I have spoken.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

This is not a be all - end all series nor is it a playoff scenario.   There's a 3-game series in late August in Boston and a 3-game series in NY at the end of September.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

southpaw I think it was 2009 but the Sox were up 8-0 on the year and ended up losing nearly every game vs. NY thereafter.

Having said that, I feel the Red Sox offense will make the difference here and I will call for a sweeeeeeeeeeep! Red Sox win all 3.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Go Red Sox. Use your Jedi powers to defeat the Dark Side.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from thewags. Show thewags's posts

NO FEAR! Lackey is going to bust out the Jedi Mind Tricks and dominate Sabathia.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

The only thing for sure in Sox-Yanks series is loss of sleep, staying up for a 4 hour + game. Most likely this series will come down to bullpens as both teams wear out starters with pitch counts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Sabathias 2011 era vs. the Sox is actually higher than Lackeys overall era... Lackey and the Sox win 11-8.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

No fear - great competition though.  My guess is the Sox are ready to explode a bit, and the Yankees are soft from facing anemic hitting.  These games are sure fun to watch.  Except Yankee blow outs.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYSTOMND2. Show NYSTOMND2's posts

No fear - great competition though.  My guess is the Sox are ready to explode a bit, and the Yankees are soft from facing anemic hitting.  These games are sure fun to watch.  Except Yankee blow outs.  
    Posted by soxmeister

Oh yeah, great points.  Clearly the Yankees are not up to this challenge and are walking in on a sleeping giant ready to explode, you're so objective and intelligent in your comments.  What paper do you write for?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: Do We Fear the Yankees? : Oh yeah, great points.  Clearly the Yankees are not up to this challenge and are walking in on a sleeping giant ready to explode, you're so objective and intelligent in your comments.  What paper do you write for?
    Posted by NYSTOMND2

Are you going to post anything intelligent or just take shots at other posters?

Sections
Shortcuts