Do We Fear the Yankees?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYSTOMND2. Show NYSTOMND2's posts

Re: Do We Fear the Yankees?

In Response to Re: Do We Fear the Yankees?:
    In Response to Re: Do We Fear the Yankees? : Are you going to post anything intelligent or just take shots at other posters?
    Posted by niz-58

I give someone a compliment and you get upset?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: Do We Fear the Yankees? : I give someone a compliment and you get upset?
    Posted by NYSTOMND2

It would take a lot more than you to get me upset.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYSTOMND2. Show NYSTOMND2's posts

In Response to Re: Do We Fear the Yankees? : It would take a lot more than you to get me upset.
    Posted by niz-58

Ok thats good to hear.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from (TheBabe). Show (TheBabe)'s posts

In Response to Re: Do We Fear the Yankees? : Are you going to post anything intelligent or just take shots at other posters?

Posted by niz-58

That's funny, I don't remember you ever saying this to pike AKA kimsaysthis.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiles-all-around. Show smiles-all-around's posts

I can't believe someone would even pose the questions, "are the redsox afraid of the yankees".  These are the two best teams, how could either be afraid of the other.  I believe they both look forward to the challenge of he series.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OKRedSoxFan. Show OKRedSoxFan's posts

Fear no, but respect yes.......looking forward to a great series........go BoSox!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

southpaw I think it was 2009 but the Sox were up 8-0 on the year and ended up losing nearly every game vs. NY thereafter. Having said that, I feel the Red Sox offense will make the difference here and I will call for a sweeeeeeeeeeep! Red Sox win all 3.
    Posted by BurritoT

Don't you always call for this?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Fear no , but respect yes .......looking forward to a great series........go BoSox!
    Posted by OKRedSoxFan

Well said.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

In Response to Do We Fear the Yankees?:
    The New York Yankees have just won their 7th straight game and are now tied with our Red Sox for 1st place.  Identical records (obviously) on the season, but the Red Sox own the season series to date 8-1.  Friday   (7:10) Colon vs. Lester Saturday (4:10)  Sabathia vs. Lackey Sunday (8:05) Garcia vs. Beckett I still find it alarming that the Yankees continue to find ways to never go away. I will be on seat edge all weekend and every run, hit, walk, catch will echo through my fragile nerves for the duration.  Luck would have it in SE Asia all the Yankees games are broadcast, which makes me wonder if the Yanks paid the networks for this right. Go Boston. note: the teams have faced each other 2,091 times!
    Posted by BurritoT

Maybe it is wishful thinking here but I cannot believe that Colon and Garcia are going to continue at the level they have demonstrated so far this season.  CC is a bona fide horse and Nova has been impressive but AJ is starting to show himself as the tease that he has always been, great stuff but ultimately a disapointment who can never put it all together for an entire season with a couple of exceptions on his resume' to that MO. His ERA in April, May & June was right around 4.00, in July 4.83 and in 1 start in August almost 15.00.

Furthermore their lineup is suspect in certain areas, they have certainly not been put into a first place tie largely on the strength of their offense(though it is still a very good offense but a shadow of what it was a few seasons ago) and have been the beneficiaries of excellent pitching both in the rotation and in the pen.  As I have pointed out already, the starting rotation overall cannot continue at this level CC Sabathia excepted and perhaps Nova.  To me this  all adds up to an also ran and not a legitimate WS threat despite what MAZZ wrote today in his column. 

The sox are  vulnerable in their rotation with the loss of Buchholz and Bedard's start last night was merely good not great.  They need him to pitch better than that if they are to play deep into October.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I officially retract my prophecy for a BOSOX sweep.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Yankees white hot and got a gift win, tonight. I'd say 60/40 Yankees win this game 6 out of 10 times played, so let's hope it's one of the probability 4 out of 10 and the Red Sox win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I officially retract my prophecy for a BOSOX sweep.
    Posted by BurritoT

Nothing like a Mon AM QB

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

I do, but I don't pitch and can't hit a lick.

These guys in the last two years have won it all and been to the ALCS. We have not won a playoff game in four years. I fear them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Heck, yes.  They are hot and the Sox are cold.  The Sox have just played 15 consecutive games with five to go--a total of 20 without a break.    In the first ten the Sox went 7-3, which followed a 5-1 road trip.  So for the first 16 games, including 10 of the 20 without a break, after the all-star game the Sox went 12-4--pretty darn good.

But against the Indians at Fenway the Sox were lucky to break even.  Ellsbury and the pitching staff kept the Sox from losing the series or getting swept. 

Last night should have been ours to win.  Colon against some pretty good lefty bats.  Heck, the all-lefty (hitting) outfield got 5 of the Sox hits.  But Agon was ice cold, and Youk/Pedey not much better.  Result:  Sox can only score 2 runs.

2 runs should have been enough, but Lester, the Sox presumptive ace, and the ideal guy to go against the Yankees lefty (well, Granderson and Cano, two of their biggest bats) lineup now missing righty A-Rod, folded like a house of cards in the 6th.  Bad enough he walked two guys.  Worse was that, after Cano gave up the gift GIDP, which was crucial because it actually scored the tying run, Lester compounded his ineptitude by giving up a hard hit double to Swisher for what proved to be the winning run.  Of note:  the Sox bullpen held the Yankees scoreless over 3 innings, as Lester had over 5 innings.  It was that darn 6th. 

Meanwhile, the Yankee bullpen, beginning with Logan's three pitch strikeout of AGon with the bases loaded, was superb. 

Anyone who doesn't fear the Yankees right now simply isn't paying attention. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I hate to do it but I have to give the Yankees a lot of credit for the way they're playing.  They had a lousy offseason, missing out on Lee and having Pettitte retire.  Then they pick up a couple of big-name relievers, Soriano and Feliciano, and they both go down.  Joba goes down.  Hughes is a mess.  Their pitching should be in disarray, right?

They just seem to be able to plug the holes and keep going.  Maybe Girardi needs to get a little more credit than he does.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

GM Nut

thanks for the M

Maybe Girardi needs to get a little more credit than he does.

I don't think I would of,  so

i have to give him credit for bringing in logan when he  did

it was a huge momentum changer

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I hate to do it but I have to give the Yankees a lot of credit for the way they're playing.  They had a lousy offseason, missing out on Lee and having Pettitte retire.  Then they pick up a couple of big-name relievers, Soriano and Feliciano, and they both go down.  Joba goes down.  Hughes is a mess.  Their pitching should be in disarray, right? They just seem to be able to plug the holes and keep going.  Maybe Girardi needs to get a little more credit than he does.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

this is true, we are no longer apples to oranges... the RS buy their teams just as much now

Sections
Shortcuts