Do we take a shot?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from f1502nv. Show f1502nv's posts

Do we take a shot?

Now that the Yankees, and Rays are out of the postseason..I am hoping my nightmares go away. I am sick of waking up, thinking theres a 1 game playoff to go, one last chance to make it into October. It's been a rough week, but now I can finally enjoy some postseason ball. 

In that case, back to the drawing board. Do we take a shot at Reyes ? How about Jimmy Rollins, or do we stick with Scutaro. Sure he played very well....In the last 2-3 months that is. Before that, he was the same old Scutaro everybody wasn't impressed with signing. Im sure were thinking about a stop gap, 1 year type deal because of Jose. But is he actually making progress at the plate ? This kid might not be MLB ready for 3-4 years the way he's going. Sure we will take his D, but if he comes up and is terrible at the plate we all know Sox Nation is going to let him have it. Probably not the best situation for the kid. 

What's your guys opinion on Youk ? I love the guy, or should I say Loved. This is 3 years in a row he's been in the middle of negative publicity. The manny incident, last year with Jake, and this year coming out saying he would love to play in Cincinatti....Im sorry but your part of a very very good baseball team at the time of his comments. No need for that to be said, irked me quite a bit. There's not a good 3rd baseman in the FA mix, very wishful thinking but can Pujols play the hot corner ? We could dream I guess. 

Now, With Drew off the books. Reddick is NOT the answer, weak bat and terrible fielder. Do we take a gamble on Beltran staying healthy ? We could use his bat, very good baseball knowledge and has a chance to be an All-Star every year. I'd give take a shot at him. With all that said, barring we sign Papi. Check out this lineup. 

Ellsbury
    Pedroia 
    Gonzalez
    Beltran
    Papi
    Youk/Lowrie ???
    Crawford
    Scutaro/Reyes ???
    Salty 

Scary. 

Like I stated earlier, It's nice to wish. But who knows, possibly a new GM...Lots of money in his hands...Eager to make a splash. Can't wait to see how all of this transpires. 

Lets Go RedSox Nation, cant wait until pitchers and catchers report. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Do we take a shot?

No chance we sign Reyes.  We obviously can sign him if we wanted to.  But we don't need him at all.  We already have two speedy guys, the best leadoff man, 3 top of lineup hitters with above .300 batting avg.  If we sign Reyes, he should be hitting somewhere in the bottom.  Do we really want to sign bottom of the lineup hitter at another Crawford money? dont think so..

And about Beltran, if RS decide to sign Beltran, sign him as a replacement of Papi.  He should be fine as everyday DH health wise.  When interleague starts, he should see some times in outfield then.  Beltran is a very good switch hitter with some power left in his tank.  He should be our DH and clean up guy after Agon.

Sox should try to trade Youk this offseason.  Youk is not going to retire as a Sox player.  His contract is up soon and Sox should trade him before his value drops even more. 
    O's - Trade Youk for Tommy Hunter and Nolan Reimold.  Tommy can be our 5th starter and Reimold can hit against lefties and play outfield corners.  Only problem is we have to face him 16 times in a season.
    Indians - Indians need 1B.  Youk can be that guy.  Satisfying for both Youk and Indians.  Sox can try to take some advantage from this trade.  Try Masterson or Carmona and and a decent prospect.
    Angels - We can try Youk for Tori Hunter. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

Forget Reyes.  Scutaro is a cheaper option.  Save money to sign Papelbon, new possible DH and RF.  

Another possible pitcher that is available is Phil Hughes.  I know he have been injured this year, but I would take him over Lackey, Miller and Bedard.  Then sign Edwin Jackson.  So the rotation could be like Beckett, Lester, Hughes, Jackson and whoever replace Lackey via trade such as Zambaro, etc.  Get rid of Wakefield!!

I alway like the idea of signing Beltran for like two years where he can bat DH as well he can back up any OF occassionally!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In Response to Re: Do we take a shot?:
    Forget Reyes.  Scutaro is a cheaper option.  Save money to sign Papelbon, new possible DH and RF.   Another possible pitcher that is available is Phil Hughes.  I know he have been injured this year, but I would take him over Lackey, Miller and Bedard.  Then sign Edwin Jackson.  So the rotation could be like Beckett, Lester, Hughes, Jackson and whoever replace Lackey via trade such as Zambaro, etc.  Get rid of Wakefield!! I alway like the idea of signing Beltran for like two years where he can bat DH as well he can back up any OF occassionally!!
    Posted by 4079efa6860279c229d23166fa17dfda

WOW..... You forgot Clay Bucholz in your rotation..... wow...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

No to Reyes. Let's keep Scutaro. He costs less and doesn't get injured as much as Reyes. Scutaro played his heart out down the stretch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

If the Sox don't add pitching they are going nowhere next year.  Paps will most likely walk...I'm sure he loved taking the blame for that last game and the fan reaction...wasn't exactly love.  Every starter on the staff has a home on DL lane each season.  There isn't a horse among them who doesn't fall apart during the year every year, except of course the infamous Mr. Lackey.  Aceves is on a one-year contract and a must sign for the Sox because if Paps does walk, Sox BP takes a big hit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Do we take a shot?:
    Now that the Yankees, and Rays are out of the postseason..I am hoping my nightmares go away. I am sick of waking up, thinking theres a 1 game playoff to go, one last chance to make it into October. It's been a rough week, but now I can finally enjoy some postseason ball.  In that case, back to the drawing board. Do we take a shot at Reyes ? How about Jimmy Rollins, or do we stick with Scutaro. Sure he played very well....In the last 2-3 months that is. Before that, he was the same old Scutaro everybody wasn't impressed with signing. Im sure were thinking about a stop gap, 1 year type deal because of Jose. But is he actually making progress at the plate ? This kid might not be MLB ready for 3-4 years the way he's going. Sure we will take his D, but if he comes up and is terrible at the plate we all know Sox Nation is going to let him have it. Probably not the best situation for the kid.  What's your guys opinion on Youk ? I love the guy, or should I say Loved. This is 3 years in a row he's been in the middle of negative publicity. The manny incident, last year with Jake, and this year coming out saying he would love to play in Cincinatti....Im sorry but your part of a very very good baseball team at the time of his comments. No need for that to be said, irked me quite a bit. There's not a good 3rd baseman in the FA mix, very wishful thinking but can Pujols play the hot corner ? We could dream I guess.  Now, With Drew off the books. Reddick is NOT the answer, weak bat and terrible fielder. Do we take a gamble on Beltran staying healthy ? We could use his bat, very good baseball knowledge and has a chance to be an All-Star every year. I'd give take a shot at him. With all that said, barring we sign Papi. Check out this lineup.  Ellsbury Pedroia  Gonzalez Beltran Papi Youk/Lowrie ??? Crawford Scutaro/Reyes ??? Salty  Scary.  Like I stated earlier, It's nice to wish. But who knows, possibly a new GM...Lots of money in his hands...Eager to make a splash. Can't wait to see how all of this transpires.  Lets Go RedSox Nation, cant wait until pitchers and catchers report. 
    Posted by f1502nv

Sox could sign a team full of allstars and if they flop ,Everyone would blame Theo and thats the fact !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I think we should put an all*star at every position, I think just like you boneheads.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

My lineup should look something like this... I don't think my lineup is that allstars...

Jacoby Ellsbury CF (L)
    Dustin Pedroia 2B (R)
    Adrian Gonzalez 1B (L)
    Carlos Beltran DH/RF (S)
    Carl Crawford LF (L)
    Jed Lowrie 3B (S)
    Ryan Kalish RF (L)
    Jarrod Salty/ Ryan Lavarnway(DH) C (S)/(R)
    Marco Scutaro/ Jose Iglesias SS (R)/(R)

Bench: Josh Reddick, Mike Aviles, Jason Varitek, Middlesbrook

Jon Lester
    Josh Beckett
    Fausto Carmona
    Clay Bucholz
    John Lackey

BP: Aceves(R), Andrew Miller(L), Juan Cruz(R), Franklin Morales(L), Zumaya(R), Bard(R), Pap(R)

FA signings: Beltran, Cruz, Zumaya
    Trade: Youk to Indians for Carmona and a PTBN

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bugmenotscreen. Show bugmenotscreen's posts

In Response to Re: Do we take a shot?:
    My lineup should look something like this... I don't think my lineup is that allstars... Jacoby Ellsbury CF (L) Dustin Pedroia 2B (R) Adrian Gonzalez 1B (L) Carlos Beltran DH/RF (S) Carl Crawford LF (L) Jed Lowrie 3B (S) Ryan Kalish RF (L) Jarrod Salty/ Ryan Lavarnway(DH) C (S)/(R) Marco Scutaro/ Jose Iglesias SS (R)/(R) Bench: Josh Reddick, Mike Aviles, Jason Varitek, Middlesbrook Jon Lester Josh Beckett Fausto Carmona Clay Bucholz John Lackey BP: Aceves(R), Andrew Miller(L), Juan Cruz(R), Franklin Morales(L), Zumaya(R), Bard(R), Pap(R) FA signings: Beltran, Cruz, Zumaya Trade: Youk to Indians for Carmona and a PTBN
    Posted by seannybboi

You are carrying three catchers, one of which is a black hole in the lineup and a defensive liability that is over the hill and not coming back.

But I do agree that it's critical to get something in return for getting rid of the cancer that is Youkilis as soon as possible. He could be shipped away for a decent 5th starter or a right fielder/dh. I just don't see him being part of a package to the Mets, however.

Sections
Shortcuts