Do you agree with Schilling?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

Re: Do you agree with Schilling? Schilling accuses Sox owners of 'character assassination'

I agree with what he is saying. The only ones who dont are the Frauds on WEEI, and the only reason they dont is because they dont want to pizz off Red Sox ownership because they had them on their station. In trying to make themselves look like their hands are clean, ownership has now ruined their reputation. The only FA signing will be guys in it for the money, and we see how those players perform.

I beleive that if this team is still intact for the opener of next season, Fenway park needs to rain down boos on them until they prove they are there to work hard to win. I would prefer that Fenway be empty on opening day, but I think thats a lot to ask.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: Do you agree with Schilling? Globe story 'absolutely' came from owers-Schilling accuses Sox owners of 'character assassin...

One of the key points Schilling makes is the fact that none of the players pointed out (Beckett, Lester, Lackey) have come out publically and denied the allegations.  It is kind of early, but if Beckett is with the team come spring training, are you going to hear him apologize? Heck no.

If anything, he'll pull a Mark McGwire and say "I don't want to talk about the past. I want to focue on the future".

Come opening day if nothing changes and no one apologizes, how much support do you think this team will have? Things will be different. Ask yourself deep down, is this a team that is likeable?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Re: Do you agree with Schilling? Globe story 'absolutely' came from owers-Schilling accuses Sox owners of 'character assassin...

ESPN has gone to Schillings head...

Actually Schillings seems to have mellowed out a bit...

Fans Get Curt-ain call!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Re: Do you agree with Schilling?

Tito marital and RX bashing is lowest form of yellow tabloidism. Tito should file a lawsuit based upon malice.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Do you agree with Schilling?:
    [QUOTE]Tito marital and RX bashing is lowest form of yellow tabloidism. Tito should file a lawsuit based upon malice.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]
    On what grounds?

Any attorney worth his or her salt will advise Terry Francona against the filing of a defamation suit that would merely prolong public attention to the Globe article for months or years.

Francona acknowledged the marital breakup and the use of pain killers. Those are facts. Unnamed sources questioned whether those factors affected Francona's performance. Those are protected opinions.

For what it's worth, nothing in the Globe article caused me to lose respect for Terry Francona. A defamation suit requires damage to reputation.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'll go with Schilling on this one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Schilling is spot on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beat-Boston. Show Beat-Boston's posts

So, the Red Sux were going to win the WS, eh?

I posted here throughout the season, especially when the Red Sux were beating the NYY 8 out of 9 games, that the Yanks would finish in front of them and the Sox would be lucky to make the playoffs.

The truth is, they botched it by not signing Vic M and Beltre and instead went for CC.

So, as they usually say in Beantowm, wait until next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

If I spent my time in the breakroom eating and drinking while my co workers are working, what would and SHOULD happen to me?  Why is sports different? When I get my paycheck, is it for the week ahead or the week I just WORKED? Undecided

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]If I spent my time in the breakroom eating and drinking while my co workers are working, what would and SHOULD happen to me?  Why is sports different? When I get my paycheck, is it for the week ahead or the week I just WORKED?
    Posted by dollkuhn[/QUOTE]
    Trying to equate what you or I do to players is just wrong apples and tomatos it is so wrong.
    Funny Ortiz and Pedroia say the clubhouse stuff went on in 2004 and 2007. Lowell also said it happened in Fl. Others (Reynolds and Hudson) MLB Network have said it went on in other clubhouses. Seems if they went to and won WS there would be no such talk about it.
    Does every one forget the idiots all had a shot of JD before the 4th game against NY? I bet it happened a few times that year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjjamaica. Show pjjamaica's posts

Any ball players that drink beer and play vidio games while the game is being played tells me that they are only there for then money and could care less about their team mates or the game itself.I would make it mandatory that all members of the team are in one of the dug outs supporting their team mates and if that is a problem then get rid of them and bring in players that love the game and will play their hearts out.I would also stop giving out the huge contracts and make the players earn their pay by what they produce.So sick of all the high paid prima donnas!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]Any ball players that drink beer and play vidio games while the game is being played tells me that they are only there for then money and could care less about their team mates or the game itself.I would make it mandatory that all members of the team are in one of the dug outs supporting their team mates and if that is a problem then get rid of them and bring in players that love the game and will play their hearts out.I would also stop giving out the huge contracts and make the players earn their pay by what they produce.So sick of all the high paid prima donnas!!
    Posted by pjjamaica[/QUOTE]

As stated many former players says it happens on other teams.
    For what reaon does a SP from yesterday's game need to be on the bench for the whole game?
    BTW to ensure that no pitcher goes into the clubhouse I'd have them all in the Bull Pen during a game not the clubhouse.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you agree with Schilling? : On what grounds? Any attorney worth his or her salt will advise Terry Francona against the filing of a defamation suit that would merely prolong public attention to the Globe article for months or years. Francona acknowledged the marital breakup and the use of pain killers. Those are facts. Unnamed sources questioned whether those factors affected Francona's performance. Those are protected opinions. For what it's worth, nothing in the Globe article caused me to lose respect for Terry Francona. A defamation suit requires damage to reputation.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]
    Hill,
    given the privacy laws nowadays regarding medical records and such, Terry just might have a case against the Sox for leaking medical-related info.  But then again, I'm no lawyer...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ct-pitcher. Show ct-pitcher's posts

In Response to Do you agree with Schilling?:
    [QUOTE]By Gordon Edes/ESPN BOSTON -- Former Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling , who played a behind-the-scenes role in the hiring of Terry Francona as Red Sox manager after starring for him in Philadelphia, came to the defense of his former manager Wednesday night, calling reports of Francona’s marital problems and use of pain medication “character assassination of the worst kind.’’ Complete story  
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Shilling is commenting on someone associated with the Red Sox engaging in character assassination in releasing this trash about Francona to the media.

Whether you like or believe Shilling or Francona, this type of behavior by someone associated with the Red Sox is degrading to the team and the fans. It's classless, or another example of classless behavior by the same timid, unnamed, faceless sources who seem to dump on everyone who leaves the Red Sox.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

Curt got it right!

Do any of you really think that Henry, Werner, or Luccino made their money being nice guys in industries known for ruthless mentality?  They excelled, and yes because they too were/are ruthless and uncaring!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

Do I agree with Schilling?  No.  Now, what's the question?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano09. Show Modano09's posts

This is nothing new. Anytime someone leaves Boston there's suddenly stories coming out to explain why they were bad people and we should be happy to see them go.

Nomar hated Boston.
    Manny was selfish and crazy.
    Pedro was jealous of Schilling, a primadona, only about money, etc.
    Derek Lowe was a drunk.
    Orlando Cabrera was hitting on players wives.
    Johnny Damon's obviously a money driven player, but they went into detail about the negotiations, how much he left over, and assured that it a sure thing he would break down within 4 years.
    Mark Texiera didn't play here and wasn't even a Yankee yet before they went public about him being unreasonable in his demands.

Maybe some of this is true. But this front office hasn't been shy about airing dirty laundry to make themselves look good.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spartacus2011. Show Spartacus2011's posts

[QUOTE]This is nothing new. Anytime someone leaves Boston there's suddenly stories coming out to explain why they were bad people and we should be happy to see them go. Nomar hated Boston. Manny was selfish and crazy. Pedro was jealous of Schilling, a primadona, only about money, etc. Derek Lowe was a drunk. Orlando Cabrera was hitting on players wives. Johnny Damon's obviously a money driven player, but they went into detail about the negotiations, how much he left over, and assured that it a sure thing he would break down within 4 years. Mark Texiera didn't play here and wasn't even a Yankee yet before they went public about him being unreasonable in his demands. Maybe some of this is true. But this front office hasn't been shy about airing dirty laundry to make themselves look good.
    Posted by Modano09[/QUOTE]

Isn't it obvious that all of this toxic nonsense that has the Red Sox in ruins today came from Theo Epstein treating the GM job like a frat party?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

[QUOTE]This is nothing new. Anytime someone leaves Boston there's suddenly stories coming out to explain why they were bad people and we should be happy to see them go. Nomar hated Boston. Manny was selfish and crazy. Pedro was jealous of Schilling, a primadona, only about money, etc. Derek Lowe was a drunk. Orlando Cabrera was hitting on players wives. Johnny Damon's obviously a money driven player, but they went into detail about the negotiations, how much he left over, and assured that it a sure thing he would break down within 4 years. Mark Texiera didn't play here and wasn't even a Yankee yet before they went public about him being unreasonable in his demands. Maybe some of this is true. But this front office hasn't been shy about airing dirty laundry to make themselves look good.
    Posted by Modano09[/QUOTE]

You're right.  I even heard Brad Penny was fat, and Jason Bay is from outter space.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

I don't neccesarily agree at all that ownership has its fingerprints on it but I do agree it shameful and that somebody in organization felt the need to deflect blame towards Francona.

I fault the Globe for publishing it if the person saying it wasn't willing to put his name on it.

Here's a clue why this probably didn't come from the owners:

Most requested anonymity out of concern for their jobs or potential damage to their relationships in the organization.

But it is garbage.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxFan2OO4. Show RedSoxFan2OO4's posts

Sign Schilling as a pitcher!
    ..No wait sign Schilling as manager.
    .....No better yet, sign him as GM!

There, all problems are fixed!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano09. Show Modano09's posts

I wonder if Lackey and Schilling are buddies? If there's one person I'd love to hear unload on Lackey it's Schilling.

Sections
Shortcuts