Do you agree with the Boston Marathon SUSPECT being charged as a regular criminal murderer rather than as an ENEMY COMBATANT?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Justice will be served in either venue, my concern is there was a broader plot here and being charged as an enemy combatant would allow our intelligence to question him for a longer period.

As far as I know they had him only a few days while he was recovering from injuries, more than likely heavilly medicated.

They can always release him as an enemy combatant give him miranda to be tried as a citizen once they feel that they have the infomation they need.

Our primary focus should be protecting our homland, our citizens, landmarks and children not trying to impress the world with how fair we can be to an enemy who uses bombs filled with ball bearings and nails against our children, an enemy who wants to exterminate us off the face of the planet.

This administration works in funny ways, not that I disagree with it, but did they give American citizen Alwar Al-Awlaki his miranda rights before they turned him into a grease spot with a drone missle?

That was hardly due process.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The one that amazes me is the Fort Hood shooter who the Obama Administration has the guy being tried as work place violence as opposed to terrorism  even with the radical beleifs the shooter had. They are going to give this Boston Bomber a free attorney as well. My question is who was paying the college tuition of these two supposed students. Dartmouth and Cambridge are not cheap schools to attend. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The one that amazes me is the Fort Hood shooter who the Obama Administration has the guy being tried as work place violence as opposed to terrorism  even with the radical beleifs the shooter had. They are going to give this Boston Bomber a free attorney as well. My question is who was paying the college tuition of these two supposed students. Dartmouth and Cambridge are not cheap schools to attend. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

My question is who was paying the college tuition of these two supposed students. Dartmouth and Cambridge are not cheap schools to attend.

You and I is the answer and besides that the family was on welfare.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Caution to enter your post one click is enough.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

Work place violence shouting Allahu Akbar! As he shot and murdered our GIs. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

He is a "criminal murderer" - like McVeigh, like Eric Rudolph, like James Holmes and Adam Lanza - and should be treated as such. The only difference between the individuals I just named, who all caused just as much harm or more, and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is that the latter is a Muslim man with some radical stuff on his Facebook (or whatever). That doesn't make him some kind of warrior.

We shouldn't be so afraid of our constitutional system and the protections it provides, so ready to drop them the moment they become inconvenient or we're confronted with someone we feel is just too despicable...we've dealt with far worse than this lowlife and done it in the light of day. Personally I find it a mark of how great this country is that we'll allow even a terrorist his day in court, to have his case heard. On the flipside, the idea that the mere allegation of involvement with terrorist activity causes all your constitutional rights to evaporate and enables the government to disappear you away to who-knows-where indefinitely should terrify everyone - civil libertarians on the left and limited-government types on the right alike.

In any case, the second bomber gave himself up in the end and seems to be talking...I have a feeling it will be possible to get needed information from him without turning to Dick Cheney's proverbial "dark side."

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

He is a "criminal murderer" - like McVeigh, like Eric Rudolph, like James Holmes and Adam Lanza - and should be treated as such. The only difference between the individuals I just named, who all caused just as much harm or more, and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is that the latter is a Muslim man with some radical stuff on his Facebook (or whatever). That doesn't make him some kind of warrior.

We shouldn't be so afraid of our constitutional system and the protections it provides, so ready to drop them the moment they become inconvenient or we're confronted with someone we feel is just too despicable...we've dealt with far worse than this lowlife and done it in the light of day. Personally I find it a mark of how great this country is that we'll allow even a terrorist his day in court, to have his case heard.

On the flipside, the idea that the mere allegation of involvement with terrorist activity causes all your constitutional rights to evaporate and enables the government to disappear you away to who-knows-where indefinitely should terrify everyone - civil libertarians on the left and limited-government types on the right alike.

+1

Whether we like it or not, this guy is a citizen of this country and deserves the full protection that any of us are entitled to.  We've all rushed to judgement (and probably rightfully so) on this guy but if we deny him his rights under the law we're heading down a slippery slope where we find it right to do that to anyone anytime it becomes expedient. 

If (WHEN) he is found guilty of killing four people and maiming or injuring hundreds more he will also be "entitled" to the same punishment under the law that anyone else would be entitled to. 

The truth will out, and when it does we'll all feel better knowing things were done the right way and in conformance with the laws of the country.  Anything different would be tantamount to a lynch mob and I think and hope we're all better than that. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Funny how all the strict Consitutionalist are ready to drop it so quickly when it suits their agenda.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Funny how all the strict Consitutionalist are ready to drop it so quickly when it suits their agenda.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Sections
Shortcuts