Do you agree with the Boston Marathon SUSPECT being charged as a regular criminal murderer rather than as an ENEMY COMBATANT?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

i think i get obama now and frankly am in full support. his position is that if there's a lone wolf regardless of ideology (ie..muslim, jewish, christian, atheist, gun rights, constituion), u NEVER have them labeled as terrorist or enemy combatant. u dont want to elevate these morons to make them feel special in any way. u give them their day in court and charge them like the jabrs they really are. now if someone is affiliated with a group and is part of a group, be it the mafia, christian right, muslim radicals, environmental left nutts, wacky tea party extreme,anonymous, or whatever.. thats a special case. u go with special classifications, RICO or terrorist designation or enemy combatant. seems smart to me.

Imo Obama gets credit for what he has done with the drone program, OBL, but the failure to call this what it is which radical islamic terrorism is a farce. PC gone amok.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

@ Softy

One thing to mention.  For someone who's as universally disliked on this board as you are you're very quick to want a maximum punishment for actions you find objectionable.  There are many of us here who'd like nothing better than to have you banned for life.  In fact, it's been tried by BDC many times but thus far you've always circumvented their attempts.

It's a whole lot hypocritical of you to want to violate the Constitution of this country in order to invoke what you (wrongly) consider to be "the will of the people" in the case of the Marathon Bomber while at the same time ignoring the will of the people by hanging around here spreading your right-wing rhetoric.

You are apparently afraid that the Marathon Bomber is going to be able to circumvent the laws of the country while you don't hesitate in the least to circumvent the rules of BDC.  But, I'd expect nothing less from you.

And while I'm not at all comparing Softy's actions to that of the Marathon Bomber I do want to point out the hypocracy in the principle of what's Softy's saying. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

He is a "criminal murderer" - like McVeigh, like Eric Rudolph, like James Holmes and Adam Lanza - and should be treated as such. The only difference between the individuals I just named, who all caused just as much harm or more, and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is that the latter is a Muslim man with some radical stuff on his Facebook (or whatever). That doesn't make him some kind of warrior.

We shouldn't be so afraid of our constitutional system and the protections it provides, so ready to drop them the moment they become inconvenient or we're confronted with someone we feel is just too despicable...we've dealt with far worse than this lowlife and done it in the light of day. Personally I find it a mark of how great this country is that we'll allow even a terrorist his day in court, to have his case heard. On the flipside, the idea that the mere allegation of involvement with terrorist activity causes all your constitutional rights to evaporate and enables the government to disappear you away to who-knows-where indefinitely should terrify everyone - civil libertarians on the left and limited-government types on the right alike.

In any case, the second bomber gave himself up in the end and seems to be talking...I have a feeling it will be possible to get needed information from him without turning to Dick Cheney's proverbial "dark side."

+1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Funny how all the strict Consitutionalist are ready to drop it so quickly when it suits their agenda.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to S5's comment:

@ Softy

One thing to mention.  For someone who's as universally disliked on this board as you are you're very quick to want a maximum punishment for actions you find objectionable.  There are many of us here who'd like nothing better than to have you banned for life.  In fact, it's been tried by BDC many times but thus far you've always circumvented their attempts.

It's a whole lot hypocritical of you to want to violate the Constitution of this country in order to invoke what you (wrongly) consider to be "the will of the people" in the case of the Marathon Bomber while at the same time ignoring the will of the people by hanging around here spreading your right-wing rhetoric.

You are apparently afraid that the Marathon Bomber is going to be able to circumvent the laws of the country while you don't hesitate in the least to circumvent the rules of BDC.  But, I'd expect nothing less from you.

And while I'm not at all comparing Softy's actions to that of the Marathon Bomber I do want to point out the hypocracy in the principle of what's Softy's saying. 

Funny how all the strict Consitutionalist are ready to drop it so quickly when it suits their agenda.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

The one that amazes me is the Fort Hood shooter who the Obama Administration has the guy being tried as work place violence as opposed to terrorism  even with the radical beleifs the shooter had. They are going to give this Boston Bomber a free attorney as well. My question is who was paying the college tuition of these two supposed students. Dartmouth and Cambridge are not cheap schools to attend. 

B I N G O ....... "Let me be clear" !!!!  I do n ot trust the "BIG O" & company !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

The one that amazes me is the Fort Hood shooter who the Obama Administration has the guy being tried as work place violence as opposed to terrorism  even with the radical beleifs the shooter had. They are going to give this Boston Bomber a free attorney as well. My question is who was paying the college tuition of these two supposed students. Dartmouth and Cambridge are not cheap schools to attend. 

B I N G O ....... "Let me be clear" !!!!  I do  not trust the "BIG O" & company !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

B I N G O ....... "Let me be clear" !!!!  I do  not trust the "BIG O" & company !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

If we eliminate the hypcrites who change twist their values to suit their agenda, we'd likely not have enough left for a game of solataire.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

If we eliminate the hypcrites who change twist their values to suit their agenda, we'd likely not have enough left for a game of solataire.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

If we eliminate the hypcrites on both sides who twist their values to suit their agenda, we'd likely not have enough left for a game of solataire.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

B I N G O ....... "Let me be clear" !!!!  I do n ot trust the "BIG O" & company !!!

I sure trust him. The dude averaged a triple-double for an entire season!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

That was "BACK IN THE DAY"  !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

He was a great student and had a merit scholarship to CRL.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

He was a great student and had a merit scholarship to CRL.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to teddybaseball009's comment:

No. Quite frankly, I believe he should be water-boarded until he gives up everything and everyone. Once data is confirmed and it is believed he has nothing more to offer he should be shot by a firing squad for treason.

We are a society of law and order, not Aghanistan. He can't be any enemy combant if he isnt allied with an enemy. Being a Muslim and his brothers YouTube arent enough to link him to al Quida. On top of that torture questionable on how much it works.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to teddybaseball009's comment:

No. Quite frankly, I believe he should be water-boarded until he gives up everything and everyone. Once data is confirmed and it is believed he has nothing more to offer he should be shot by a firing squad for treason.

We are a society of law and order, not Aghanistan. He can't be any enemy combant if he isnt allied with an enemy. Being a Muslim and his brothers YouTube arent enough to link him to al Quida. On top of that torture questionable on how much it works.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

My concern is if there are anyone else who played a role in this besides the two murderers.  

25. This post has been removed.