Do you agree with the Boston Marathon SUSPECT being charged as a regular criminal murderer rather than as an ENEMY COMBATANT?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

My concern is if there are anyone else who played a role in this besides the two murderers.  

Big Bro was likely the driving force/point man of the attack; odds are IF either of these two morons had knowledge of others being involved, he would have been the one.  We may not find out as much from the younger one as we hope, not because of Miranda or anything else, but because it's very likely he doesn't know anything about anyone above his brother. 

The FBI, etc, are going to have to trace the money; that's the only way they are going to find out who was funding the whole thing.  I'm guessing that little bro is going to have very little info on that.   

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Funny how all the strict Consitutionalist are ready to drop it so quickly when it suits their agenda.

If we eliminate the hypcrites on both sides who twist their values to suit their agenda, we'd likely not have enough left for a game of solataire.

True enough.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I'm at work. Is there something actually happening on CNN right now, or is Pike just spamming?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to teddybaseball009's comment:

No. Quite frankly, I believe he should be water-boarded until he gives up everything and everyone. Once data is confirmed and it is believed he has nothing more to offer he should be shot by a firing squad for treason.

===========================================

I agree with you regarding extracting all the information we feel is necessary to hopefully prevent this in the future.  He's an American citizen but a naturalized not born here and a Muslim too.  What ethnic group is our biggest threat these days commiting atrocities daily around the world ?  Being tried by a civilain court might not do it.

It is a shame we have open arms to any immigrants from repressive government countries and even fund part of their education here. I feel that irrespective of intensive background checks, many can be Manchurian Candidates or even if they truly love our way of life, terrorist groups then tell them they will kill their family members back home if they don’t participate in a Jihad against us.

The Quran says that if people do not believe in Islam and will not convert, they must be killed.  One might consider me extremely one sided prejudiced towards Arabs/Muslims.  I know that all religions were not free of sin.  Yes, in the inqusition centuries ago many who did not convert to Christianity were tortured. Then there were the Jews killed by the Romans.  But, in my opinion, this is not comparing Apples to Apples.  What crimes have been committed in the name of Christianity in the last 1000 years or so as we have become more civilized.  Nazism was more world domination by a supposed superior race than a religious war, albeit the Russians were Communists, but France, Britain, USA etc. were mostly Christians and Catholics as were many Germans. 

I feel the death penalty is too merciful as they are willing to blow themselves up because they believe 72 virgins await them makes them feel they are being rewarded serving Allah. I’m afraid that our legal system will insist he be psychologically examined  to determine if he is insane and can't be  tried.  Heck, some might feel he can be rehabed and become a voter and taxpayer.  (HA!)  I believe that any method possible, psychological torture, and physical, waterboarding etc. is necessary to determine what was their motive beyond a continuing Jihad toward Westerners so that we can ascertain if there were more people (groups) and Cells too in the USA waiting for the next atrocity.  I would keep him in prison & deny his Muslim rights & torture him thus…feed him pork and alcohol for beverages & let him pray to Mecca using his bed’s blanket as a carpet. If he doesn’t eat and starves to death, so be it but, this is the treatment after we have extracted our needed information.

But, I am really not seeking an “eye for an eye” physical torture regardless of their barbarism with the desire to kill innocents, children & women, with nails & pellets which is more than a sick mind.  Do we of the West behead, drag our victims through the streets, hang bodies from bridges, make women wear veils, torture by stoning & other horrific methods if they can’t bear children. They even delight in slowly torturing animals. Yup, many of our young military will have their lives affected with dishonorable discharges by doing a college type prank of urinating on dead prisoners bodies perhaps after a dear friend died in a road side bomb or suicide vest. What diversion sport do they have ?  They like soccer but another is from horseback like Polo but they bat a headless goat carcass through a goal. Sure happy we got baseball, football, basketball etc. etc.

Here’s what might happen if there is another incident like this on our soil as the 9/11 using planes as missles has evolved into intensive sometimes annoying body searches prior to boarding, former military as air marshals and cockpit doors closed.  As a result, fortunately there has been no reoccurence. We may have to incarcerate Muslims, perhaps some native born who attended Harvard & Stanford even, as we did the Japanese in WW2.  Drastic measure yes indeed and maybe 99% of the people are completely innocent.  What is needed is for Muslims(Arabs & others) even at the fear of reprisals, to step up to the plate & divulge where they know, if they do, where there are Cells in the US !!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

CNN with their learned staff and panels have discussed the topic of this thread pro and con many times. One goes to CNN to hear knowledgeable people articulate the facts about such issues. You don't tune in CNN to get baseball news about the Boston Red Sox.  Likewise, you don't come here to discuss politics since this is a baseball forum.

Yes, I can see you come to this site to talk baseball all the time.

NOT!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

In response to teddybaseball009's comment:

No. Quite frankly, I believe he should be water-boarded until he gives up everything and everyone. Once data is confirmed and it is believed he has nothing more to offer he should be shot by a firing squad for treason.

===========================================

I agree with you regarding extracting all the information we feel is necessary to hopefully prevent this in the future.  He's an American citizen but a naturalized not born here and a Muslim too.  What ethnic group is our biggest threat these days commiting atrocities daily around the world ?  Being tried by a civilain court might not do it.

It is a shame we have open arms to any immigrants from repressive government countries and even fund part of their education here. I feel that irrespective of intensive background checks, many can be Manchurian Candidates or even if they truly love our way of life, terrorist groups then tell them they will kill their family members back home if they don’t participate in a Jihad against us.

The Quran says that if people do not believe in Islam and will not convert, they must be killed.  One might consider me extremely one sided prejudiced towards Arabs/Muslims.  I know that all religions were not free of sin.  Yes, in the inqusition centuries ago many who did not convert to Christianity were tortured. Then there were the Jews killed by the Romans.  But, in my opinion, this is not comparing Apples to Apples.  What crimes have been committed in the name of Christianity in the last 1000 years or so as we have become more civilized.  Nazism was more world domination by a supposed superior race than a religious war, albeit the Russians were Communists, but France, Britain, USA etc. were mostly Christians and Catholics as were many Germans. 

I feel the death penalty is too merciful as they are willing to blow themselves up because they believe 72 virgins await them makes them feel they are being rewarded serving Allah. I’m afraid that our legal system will insist he be psychologically examined  to determine if he is insane and can't be  tried.  Heck, some might feel he can be rehabed and become a voter and taxpayer.  (HA!)  I believe that any method possible, psychological torture, and physical, waterboarding etc. is necessary to determine what was their motive beyond a continuing Jihad toward Westerners so that we can ascertain if there were more people (groups) and Cells too in the USA waiting for the next atrocity.  I would keep him in prison & deny his Muslim rights & torture him thus…feed him pork and alcohol for beverages & let him pray to Mecca using his bed’s blanket as a carpet. If he doesn’t eat and starves to death, so be it but, this is the treatment after we have extracted our needed information.

But, I am really not seeking an “eye for an eye” physical torture regardless of their barbarism with the desire to kill innocents, children & women, with nails & pellets which is more than a sick mind.  Do we of the West behead, drag our victims through the streets, hang bodies from bridges, make women wear veils, torture by stoning & other horrific methods if they can’t bear children. They even delight in slowly torturing animals. Yup, many of our young military will have their lives affected with dishonorable discharges by doing a college type prank of urinating on dead prisoners bodies perhaps after a dear friend died in a road side bomb or suicide vest. What diversion sport do they have ?  They like soccer but another is from horseback like Polo but they bat a headless goat carcass through a goal. Sure happy we got baseball, football, basketball etc. etc.

Here’s what might happen if there is another incident like this on our soil as the 9/11 using planes as missles has evolved into intensive sometimes annoying body searches prior to boarding, former military as air marshals and cockpit doors closed.  As a result, fortunately there has been no reoccurence. We may have to incarcerate Muslims, perhaps some native born who attended Harvard & Stanford even, as we did the Japanese in WW2.  Drastic measure yes indeed and maybe 99% of the people are completely innocent.  What is needed is for Muslims(Arabs & others) even at the fear of reprisals, to step up to the plate & divulge where they know, if they do, where there are Cells in the US !!!

There are about as many Muslims as Catholic. They are mainly piece loving. No Muslim is required to kill Jews and Christians. A jihad is just a personal struggle towards godliness. To prevent Muslims from getting citizenship like Softy wants and to intern them like you want is so unAmerican. On top of that it would only fuel terrorism since it would show that the US hates Islam, which is what they are selling to young people.