Do you agree with the New York Times Michael Sololove that Derek Jeter is now a below average MLB shortstop?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Re: Do you agree with the New York Times Michael Sololove that Derek Jeter is now a below average MLB shortstop?

In Response to Re: Do you agree with the New York Times Michael Sololove that Derek Jeter is now a below average MLB shortstop?:
    [QUOTE]if you ask most Sox fans this scenario: Sox up by one in the 9th, Yankees at the plate, bases loaded, two outs, Jeter stepping in at the plate - would you be experiencing the pucker facter to the nth degree? I'm betting most Sox fans would. In the above scenario, with an out at any base a groundball would be ideal. MLB leader groundball rate by 5 % points!   Jeter
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

At one time, yes.  Not anymore. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Do you agree with the New York Times Michael Sololove that Derek Jeter is now a below average MLB shortstop?

[QUOTE]He has 5 Gold Gloves; nothing to sneeze at, (especially since no RS SS ever had as many) get your facts straight; especially when you coin any proof slogan.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]
    You are correct, only one Gold Glove has been earned by a Red Sox shortstop. Rick Burleson got one in 1979.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: Do you agree with the New York Times Michael Sololove that Derek Jeter is now a below average MLB shortstop?:
    [QUOTE]if you ask most Sox fans this scenario: Sox up by one in the 9th, Yankees at the plate, bases loaded, two outs, Jeter stepping in at the plate - would you be experiencing the pucker facter to the nth degree? I'm betting most Sox fans would. In the above scenario, with an out at any base a groundball would be ideal. MLB leader groundball rate by 5 % points!   Jeter
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

Good stats, but I'm still thinking that most Sox fans' (me included) pucker factor would still be pegging high.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you agree with the New York Times Michael Sololove that Derek Jeter is now a below average MLB shortstop? :  So he threw six balls away on grounders Jeter or Lowrie "wouldn't have reached." The batter ends up on second base. Who do you want at short?
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

You're kidding, right?  Did you miss the part about having twice as many chances?  You are going to take 6 extra bases over 200+ outs?